Console Command cheaters?

    Share
    avatar
    ImperatorMortis
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 25
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-03
    Age : 27

    Console Command cheaters?

    Post by ImperatorMortis on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:51 pm

    I have to wonder if cheaters will be a huge issue in the PC version. Like people using console commands to pimp out their character then complaining the game is too easy. Or even worse, bringing those characters into PVP.

    I'm sure there will be hacking, but console command abuse it probably my biggest fear. They could just use Console commands offline, then bring their character online. Unless I'm uawnare of a method to prevent this.
    avatar
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 577
    Reputation : 19
    Join date : 2012-05-23
    Age : 22
    Location : Buffalo, NY

    Re: Console Command cheaters?

    Post by Bcc17 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:39 pm

    There probably won't be a console that is accessible to the player, it's not going to be like Skyrim's console.


    _________________
    avatar
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 727
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-04-10
    Location : Dukes Archives

    Re: Console Command cheaters?

    Post by KomradDakka on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:12 pm

    Bcc17 wrote:There probably won't be a console that is accessible to the player, it's not going to be like Skyrim's console.

    this, not every pc game has access to the console section. and if you do there probably wont be any "cheat" commands to enter.


    _________________
    Welcome To Chernaus - http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t4981p15-day-z-komraddakkas-journal#91882

    Komradds Kafe - Music and discussion 24/7 - http://www.synchtube.com/r/komradd#
    avatar
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 80
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-07-21

    Re: Console Command cheaters?

    Post by dannyhugz on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:21 am

    Hopefully the VAC will be used for DkS. I would love for steam mods to kick hackers in the junk on a daily basis.


    _________________
    I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.


    PC: Dannyhugz
    Steam: Dannyhugz85
    PSN: dhughes777(probably inactive mostly since PC version is out and far less buggy)
    avatar
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1658
    Reputation : 65
    Join date : 2012-01-22

    Re: Console Command cheaters?

    Post by bloodpixel on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:24 am

    Actually I would love to have them implement an anti-cheat system where if you typed in something in the console something hilarious would happen.


    _________________
    avatar
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 80
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-07-21

    Re: Console Command cheaters?

    Post by dannyhugz on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:50 am

    bloodpixel wrote:Actually I would love to have them implement an anti-cheat system where if you typed in something in the console something hilarious would happen.

    They should make everything in the game proportionate. Allow them to hack but it's like give and take, you may raise your HP to as high a value as you'd like, but your defenses will decrease into the negative so it takes the same amount off your HP bar. Or the more you hack the damage up on your weapon/char the bigger your agro range to monsters, so you log in and everything in the area just makes a mad dash for you and staggers you to death. It would be like April Fool's!

    Speaking of April Fool's, I use to play Ragnarok Online, one year for said "holiday" the GMs made all the main towns free-for-all pvp areas but didn't notify the players of said change lol. Chaos ensued.

    Mostly being silly but I've been ganked by hackers enough that I'm bitter =/


    _________________
    I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.


    PC: Dannyhugz
    Steam: Dannyhugz85
    PSN: dhughes777(probably inactive mostly since PC version is out and far less buggy)
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Console Command cheaters?

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:55 pm

    Ah the console, I remember how fun that was. Back in JK2: Jedi Outcast, you could access the console. But, depending on how you set up a server you could block some of the access. So there were cheat servers, full of flying Jedi's, teleporting people fighting with lightsabers, it was hilarious. But on a normal server only necessities were allowed, but none of the cheats. The old kicker was always.

    "Hey, type in /disco. It turns on disco mode, it's pretty cool looking."

    ______ has disconnected.

    The hilarity.
    avatar
    BajiBunny

    Posts : 2
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-08-20

    Re: Console Command cheaters?

    Post by BajiBunny on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:23 pm

    dannyhugz wrote:
    bloodpixel wrote:Actually I would love to have them implement an anti-cheat system where if you typed in something in the console something hilarious would happen.

    They should make everything in the game proportionate. Allow them to hack but it's like give and take, you may raise your HP to as high a value as you'd like, but your defenses will decrease into the negative so it takes the same amount off your HP bar. Or the more you hack the damage up on your weapon/char the bigger your agro range to monsters, so you log in and everything in the area just makes a mad dash for you and staggers you to death. It would be like April Fool's!

    Speaking of April Fool's, I use to play Ragnarok Online, one year for said "holiday" the GMs made all the main towns free-for-all pvp areas but didn't notify the players of said change lol. Chaos ensued.

    Mostly being silly but I've been ganked by hackers enough that I'm bitter =/

    Or if you did tinker the stats, 3 Over Powered Big Hat Logans would come after you wielding keyboards, And your Estus Flasks would be gone...as well as the rest of your stuff. I would love that.
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: Console Command cheaters?

    Post by Knight Alundil on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:30 pm

    bloodpixel wrote:Actually I would love to have them implement an anti-cheat system where if you typed in something in the console something hilarious would happen.

    Yeh, something proper hysterical like permadeath.


    Sponsored content

    Re: Console Command cheaters?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 am