Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Noob-of-Artorias
skarekrow13
Slarg232
FruitPunchNinja
Bcc17
Phantasmio
yollo
11 posters

Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect?

sean1230
    sean1230
    Casual
    Casual

Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect?

Post by sean1230 Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:01 am

What is this blightown lag everyone talks about...i have never witnessed any problems
    dannyhugz
    dannyhugz
    Regular
    Regular

Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we be able to keep the same charactes from Dark Souls in the new DLC contect?

Post by dannyhugz Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:42 am

The only spot I've ever noticed lag is where all the scaffolding/catwalks/etc meets the bottom(Quelaags Domain) and as soon as you get away from that area it's fine again.

As far as FPS goes the human eye can see above 30, but its also been proven in the majority of people the noticeable difference is extremely marginal. So you can tell the difference, but if you're not willing to play a PC game because it won't go above 30FPS then by all means don't buy it. Although the fact remains, it's really not a big deal either way, and if it's the deciding factor for anyone then I'd rather them not play TBH. The heavy focus on graphics in today's gamers over mechanics/gameplay/replay value is why over 90% of games that have come out in the last year or 2 are utter garbage in my opinion. Saying the Final Fantasy 13s have been amazing looking would be an understatement, but most of the gaming community would agree despite their graphics that they are mere shadows of most of their predecessors.

TL;DR
    If you're in it for the graphics then STFU, DkS is all about the gameplay, and most of us would still play it if it were 32bit.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:24 am

ehhhh, i'm actually really enjoying FF13....... I like its fast paced gameplay, also the linearity does not bother me cause unlike some people i like a majority of the characters and think the story is good. What i do hate though, FF fans.

I get your point though, and i kind of agree winking
    Phantasmio
    Phantasmio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Phantasmio Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 pm

To me, graphical enhancements is just icing on the cake. It's like when a girlfriend of yours has make up on. She's beautiful and you love her just as much without it, but the make up just tops it all off. Strange comparison, I know, but hopefully you get my point. I do agree that gamers shouldn't be super focused on graphics because they're fun games out there that don't meet the visual standards of "high end" games. Hell, I play Planetside 1 all the time and that game has graphics similar to Perfect Dark for the N64, but it's a phenomenal game, gameplay-wise. I could rant for hours about this but I'll withold it XD. Oh well, it's how many people are nowadays. Quite unfortunate people can get completely turned off by it, but there isn't much we can do...perhaps we can send the Dark Moons out to try and convince these sinners otherwise?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:03 pm

I agree with you that graphics are near the bottom of the list when it comes to what makes games great, but they are somewhat important. With better graphics gives graphic designers more artistic freedom, whether they choose to take advantage of that or not.

I just found your bashing of FF13 to be unfounded, even if the graphics were not as good as they are i would still be enjoying it. I'm only on chapter 6, but still i can at least judge what i like so far.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 am