Strength/Faith build

HelmHammerhand
    Casual
    Casual

Strength/Faith build

Post by HelmHammerhand on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Is this wise for a first playthrough? How could it be done?
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Re: Strength/Faith build

Post by Herbo on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Strength/Faith is just fine for a melee focused build with some decent medium armor (for the poise since the types of weapons you'll want later on will tend toward greatswords, etc and you won't want to be staggered while swinging). Early on you'll generally want to go for the base offensive stats you need to equip a weapon with Str scaling (axes, great swords, clubs, etc), and then use some of your early soul-ups to get your Vitality, Endurance and Attunement up to reasonable levels (there really is no boiler plate standard for when and how much for these stats, just whatever hitpoint, stamina and spell slot setup seems to give you the most success).

Then go back to pumping up your Strength to be able to equip larger scale weaponry, and pump your faith up so that you can take full advantage of things like Wrath of the Gods, etc when you pick them up, and for when you get a weapon with both Strength and Faith scaling. Shoot for a SL of about 60-75 for your first playthrough and play with the points as you see fit.

A Strength/Faith build has a lot of survivability by way of extra heals, protection spells, etc and being able to swing some of the more obtuse weaponry with style and grace for some crushing damage. I can't really speak to the pvp-ability of it though.

pointlessly, fruitlessly, alone, tired, unloved, tragicly, comicly, heroicly, angrily, happy, rested, while taking a drink, answering the phone, being ganked by dark spirits, for daring to use a bridge, from opening a door, failing on stairs, rolling, jumping, standing, blocking, mashing buttons, using a greyed out item, attacking, with the menu up, in a "safe" spot, getting leg stabbed, set on fire, being summoned as a helper phantom into a backstab by a invader in the hosts world...
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:09 pm

are you planning to pvp? or jusr pve and co op? all i have are str/fai hybrids, the first thing you should focus on is end, get enough str to be able to use whtever sword you wanna use early in the game, try to get the msgs as soon as you can, always go with cleric and try not to have more than 12 on dex. all my toons have default dex whixh is 8 the best ultra gs' have no dex requirements.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:14 pm

RantFromRant wrote:are you planning to pvp? or jusr pve and co op? all i have are str/fai hybrids, the first thing you should focus on is end, get enough str to be able to use whtever sword you wanna use early in the game, try to get the msgs as soon as you can, always go with cleric and try not to have more than 12 on dex. all my toons have default dex whixh is 8 the best ultra gs' have no dex requirements.

what is an msgs?
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:19 pm

I'm running a psuedo str/faith tank build. But, faith is my main stat. I got my str up to meet the requirements of a weapon I wanted to use and then focused on my faith. To get the most out of my faith, I use mostly divine/occult weapons.

I'm not capping my guy for SL 120 pvp, so I'm bringing up his Str to 34 for now to take advantage of the Greatshield of Artorias. My guy uses the Greatsword of Artorias for every day use happy.

My concept for this guy was "medium-heavy tank throwing lightning bolts."

Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:22 pm

hellooo wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:are you planning to pvp? or jusr pve and co op? all i have are str/fai hybrids, the first thing you should focus on is end, get enough str to be able to use whtever sword you wanna use early in the game, try to get the msgs as soon as you can, always go with cleric and try not to have more than 12 on dex. all my toons have default dex whixh is 8 the best ultra gs' have no dex requirements.

what is an msgs?

man serpent great sword, freaking name is too long. its one of the best weapons for a str or str/fai build.
    HelmHammerhand
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HelmHammerhand on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:15 pm

I'm mainly looking for PVE/co-op. Is it possible to PVP with this build?

Should I take end to 40 or leave it around 25-30? Is attunement important?

Sorry for all the qustions, I'm a FNG.

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:17 pm

end for sure 40, att 14, no more than 4 slots and yeah its pretty effective at pvp'ing too.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    HelmHammerhand
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HelmHammerhand on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:19 pm

@Akatik "My concept for this guy was "medium-heavy tank throwing lightning bolts."

My thoughts exactly.

Casual
    Casual

Post by HelmHammerhand on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:50 pm

whenver youre making a str/fai hybrid go with cleric, redo your stats again and youll see you can get vit up to 38 and end to 40, you will need end and faith 45.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:18 pm