Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
BishopHavel
Noob-of-Artorias
ChizFreak
mattm28
Juutas
kiwi_commander
Eolan
FruitPunchNinja
Shkar
skarekrow13
isthefridge
bloodpixel
Tolvo
RandelOolacile
Bloodios
Slarg232
WyrmHero
ublug
RNsunbro
Argetlam350
mrbeckham87
25 posters

New Gamescom trailer!

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

New Gamescom trailer! - Page 5 Empty Re: New Gamescom trailer!

Post by Juutas Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Imagine if Artorias would turn into Sif and Sif has been Artorias all along big grin
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm sure I'll be posting in the introduction thread... if there is one. Got directed here via twitter by ENB.

But I was just watching the video of the fight against Artorias and was just noticing certain things. Yeah, I guess the "typical sword combat" could be the answer. I just wondered... and hope. I have a weird and strange obsession with Artorias, which I am sure I am not the only one who does.

Spoiler:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Welcome and glad I looked at the spoiler you added. I was gonna say they both do the double spin which is not a typical move for anyone looking to "live" through a fight in the real world, making it an intentional style idea by From.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Well if anything, Sif could have learned sword techniques from watching Artorias, or it could just be a nifty little reference. It's too early to say, but it is still interesting with the spinning attack. Because I'm trying to think of how many enemies have an attack like that. Dark Wraith come to mind, and Sif. That's another interesting facet, Dark Wraith. And we have an introduction thread, stickied in general discussion. I made it, feel free to stop by it. And I'm glad to see ENB's tweet bringing in new people. We always accept new people with open arms, as long as they don't break the rules too much. happy

And yes, we have a decent amount of people obsessed with Artorias here.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:Thanks for the welcomes. I'm sure I'll be posting in the introduction thread... if there is one. Got directed here via twitter by ENB.

But I was just watching the video of the fight against Artorias and was just noticing certain things. Yeah, I guess the "typical sword combat" could be the answer. I just wondered... and hope. I have a weird and strange obsession with Artorias, which I am sure I am not the only one who does.

Spoiler:

Welcome big grin ENB sent me here as well, I'm not even a week old, I think....

If I were to be 100% truthful, I noticed that, but it didn't connect to Sif, if you guys know what I mean. Glad you pointed that out.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Welcome to the forums as well Proxy. If you want others to know who you are on your console, post your info in the "Collection of usernames" thread I made.

Alright, time to give my two cents. I've come to rememberance of some important things mentioned. I'll state them, then my reasoning.

New Content takes place in Darkroot, and the Painted World, years before its time.

Darkroot is Oolacile, but what could the painted world possibly be.

Time to jump onto something big in speculation here, Velka was involved.

To put it simply, the Abyss is now located in New Londo. The Painted World is a forged world, not of natural existance. But this new content points heavily too the Abyss, which makes me wonder, how is the Painted World Involved?

Then I remember something. Velka, the goddess of sin, and the leader of what is practically the Dark Army. Her exiled existance was pushed to the Painted World, where you find the Dark Ember, her Black Cleric set, and the Harpies who seem connected to her. They ended up here in some way, and it makes me think, maybe Velka made an attempt to move her dark existence over to New Londo. The abyss may have opened up in Anor Londo, where the Painted World is now, and she may have learned of a way to move it to New Londo. Maybe it was a source of power thrust upon the gods, or the enemy that she intended to harness to slay the gods.

This is the only real connection I can grab out of it. Velka was practicing some twisted arts within the rank of the gods, and I wouldn't put it past her to learn dealings with the Abyss. Maybe Beatrice helped her move it. Or, maybe, the Painted World is a part of the Abyss, but in its own plane of existence. Maybe the aftermath of when it moved.

All just speculation.
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:00 pm

ChaosServantSpectre wrote:
    New Content takes place in Darkroot, and the Painted World, years before its time.

Darkroot is Oolacile, but what could the painted world possibly be.

Time to jump onto something big in speculation here, Velka was involved.

To put it simply, the Abyss is now located in New Londo.

I was thinking the Abyss didn't really have a set location, but rather we have tears or portals in this world which lead to it. I can't find the article now, but one of the preview playthrough articles mentioned Abyssal chasms on the surface that would kill you if you fell into them.
    So Oolacile probably screwed up and created an entrance there somehow that spread out. I think the New Londo and lake locations are just gateways to the Abyss, rather than its actual location.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:04 pm

@SeanB
    Lol, I just commented on another segment of speculation you posted.

Anyways, it could be possible that the tear in New Londo has nothing to do with the possible tear in oolacile or painted world. I still like to kind of place Velka everywhere in this story. She is the most viable antagonist in this game at this point due to what we have found.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm