Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
menzinho
Eolan
Knight Alundil
ICEFANG
Tolvo
DoughGuy
JohnnyHarpoon
Derpwraith
12 posters

Interesting Question...

SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Interesting Question... - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting Question...

Post by SEANB240 Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Other than the Witch, what other female gods do we know of? Fina, Velka and...

I always thought the statues look like a maiden rather than a witch.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:56 pm

I was simply stating a possibility. I know it has been tested and confirmed that he is wearing it so I was simply building upon another's theory. I would never claim that it is without a doubt correct. In fact it is likely wrong but I figured drawing the connection and stating the possibility, however remote it is, could not hurt.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:57 pm

i don't think it is Fina, because... well i can't say why, for there is nothing on her, i discard Velka too because being a punisher and all, she sounds more like a lone trickster than a loving mother to me... maybe a unnamed deity, like the blacksmith god
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Perhaps something happened to Velka to make her that way. Not to mention Velka is considered a witch, and as I mentioned the mother figure wears Witch robes.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Then why would the Way of White (strongly connected to Gwyn) would decide to shove all her things (including a possible daughter) in a painted world? Remember she has the power to judge and slay another god, AND THOSE ARE NOT WITCH ROBES!!! XD joking, i don't know to me they look like maiden's robes, but that is my opinion, Velka just doesn't sound like the one you know? and just to add the statue of Velka (i think that is Velka since that place i filled with her stuff) in the Painted world is not wearing the witch robes you talk about, she is wearing common robes, and hugging (i think) a child, maybe Priscilla?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Look at the design of the cloth on the statue, the actual fabric and not the full costume design. It looks like it is made out of the same material as the witch robes, as well it is barefoot just like the witches.
    MediocritasAurea
    MediocritasAurea
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MediocritasAurea Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:17 pm

this means he was born full of sores, and the son of Gwyn was not, also
    it is stated the firstborn fought in the ancient war against the
    dragons, and the brother of the witches was the youngest son of the
    Witch of Izalith,

I might be now unknowable, but from where this information can be found?
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:24 pm

i just went there and took a long binoculared look in the statue, and i still say that is not the witch robes, i mean it's not all raggedy (in the cinematic we see they are naturally like that) its clean and plain, and where is her hood? all witches wear their hoods, always, even the hollow ones, and if we are going to state that is a witch just because she is barefoot, then hell yea Priscilla is a witch too.

Talking about Priscilla, her garb looked a lot like her's if you look close enough, except without the tail and the fur, another thing, while i was scooping around that staute i noticed the room is filled with other statues of a woman... who looks a lot like the greek goddess Athena, goddess of wisdom and justice... who matches that descrition on Dark Souls?

Ladies and Gentleman, i think i found a statue of Velka...
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Just think a bit if Ornstein and the Four knigths fough the dragons, it's very likely that the firstborn did too... since he used to wield Ornstein's spear (see his altar)
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:38 pm

menzinho wrote:Just think a bit if Ornstein and the Four knigths fough the dragons, it's very likely that the firstborn did too... since he used to wield Ornstein's spear (see his altar)

I thought there was some controversy surrounding that weapon being the Dragonslayer Spear.

One thing I was looking at last night was Domhall's armor, many of the trinkets are images of faces, as well as what looks like a maiden and a kid. I'm sure this has been beaten to death long ago, though, but I thought maybe this could be a clue regarding the statues.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:39 pm

In regards to the medals of Domhall, look at the weapons he sells, as well as the chest of the Channelers and the weapons the enemies in the duke's wield.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:31 pm

menzinho wrote:Just think a bit if Ornstein and the Four knigths fough the dragons, it's very likely that the firstborn did too... since he used to wield Ornstein's spear (see his altar)
    Its not the dragonsalyer spear. Its more related to a halberd I believe.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:49 pm

equip the dragonslayer spear and look at the statue, they are IDENTICAL, i don't know if they are or not, but i say they are, but if that is not proof the ceaseless discharge is not the firstborn than this is, the firstborn inherited the sunlight, meaning that after Gwyn linked the flame, and the incident of the bed of chaos happened even further ahead, and even though we don't have a precise date of when the firstborn was betrayed and lost his status, we do know that before that he earned respect in arms, and so far we know only to wars that he could have possibly fought, the was against the Dragons, or the invasion of the Demons

"Miracle passed down by
    those bound to the Warrior of Sunlight covenant.
    Hurl giant lightning spear.

The weapon of the God of War, who inherited
    the sunlight of Lord Gwyn, but had
    respect only for arms, and nothing else."

that was the great lightning spear descrip, so if the Ceaseless Discharge was born after that (and i think he was, due to his childish position of hugging himself, his pained face and moans i'd say he'd be around 12 or 13 when the bed of chaos was created) he can't possibly be a son of Gwyn... but maybe he could be his grandchild... why else would a kid born in a land of fire suffer injuries from it? So much damage he would end up full of sores and would need a ring to lessen the pain, maybe he was born from an outside source, like a non pyromancer father... a war god father maybe? Or a Fallen god father?
    This is my speculation only, i don't know, we could further link the firstborn to Izalith via sunlight maggot (again, i don't think Solaire is the firstborn, if you want to see my theory on the firstborn go to https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t10288-my-thoughts-on-the-firstborn and check it out, take your own conclusions, but a warrior of sunlight presence there could also mean something, like "i'll look for my sun in my lord's last know location")
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:53 pm

They arent the same. There was a lot of discussion about this ages back and it was confirmed they were different.
    Ceaselss was born of a witch mother, who was some weird race, to an unknown father. We know there are major differences between men and woman in Lordran, his wounds which he had from birth could simply be due to the nature of him being a single male in a witch family.
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:14 pm

Then why isn't Gwynevere different? isn't she the only woman in a family of men born from an unknown mother?, plus what major differences, aside from the obvious appearance and physiology? and confirmed by who? From's staff? i'll only accept they are not the same if it came from one of them...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:18 pm

It was confirmed by people who examined each part of the weapon and showed that they were different. They don't need FROM's backing to say they were different because they showed they were.

Gwynevere's family isn't inherently magical in the way the witches are. His children weren't "7 daughters". There isn;t as much symbolism there. HIs family were also closer to humans than the witches were I believe, considering Gwyn is onyl slightly taller than you, while th witch is double a humans height (watch the intro, see how she towers above her daughters).
    menzinho
    menzinho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by menzinho Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:38 pm

The hollow witch you fight before the bed of chaos seems human enough to me and aside from their mother, they all seemed human, and HOW COME GWYNEVERE'S FAMILY IS NOT MAGIC? THEY CHUG LIGHTNING FROM THEIR HANDS! That is also magical enough to me, and if i had to compare, Gwyndolyn would be the Discharge of Gwyn's family, not Gwynevere, meaning sex had absolutely nothing to do with his sores.

also i take that back, that is not the dragonslayer spear, i just compared them and yeah, they are not the same, but hell no that is a halberd, that is a spear i tell ya...
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:44 pm

The The firstborn inherited the sun, but when he lost his status he left in self-imposed exile because of the shame. He entered the ToG where he wouldn't have to see the sun, which means he is obviously Patches.

But in all seriousness, I stand by my theory that the God of War is actually the player. Nobody is around to teach you the lightning spear spells, nobody "takes" the sunlight medals for you (very weak evidence), you alone reset at bonfires when nobody else does (as well as can light them. Basically, you're part firekeeper), and time is in a loop in order to get you to fulfill your destiny.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:45 pm

I never said it was a halberd, jst it was more related to them.
    I never said they weren't magical, just not inherently. Gwyn needed a lord soul before he could throw lightning. Dolin was experimented upon by Seath and gained his power. Gwynvere is never truly seen so we dont know anything, and the GoW respected arms above all else. The only spell linked to him is SLB, and that was in miracle form implying it wasnt part of him but something he learnt.
    The witches look human but they arent. The director has confirmed they are not human.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:46 pm

Shkar wrote:The The firstborn inherited the sun, but when he lost his status he left in self-imposed exile because of the shame. He entered the ToG where he wouldn't have to see the sun, which means he is obviously Patches.

But in all seriousness, I stand by my theory that the God of War is actually the player. Nobody is around to teach you the lightning spear spells, nobody "takes" the sunlight medals for you (very weak evidence), you alone reset at bonfires when nobody else does (as well as can light them. Basically, you're part firekeeper), and time is in a loop in order to get you to fulfill your destiny.
    AFter accidently clicking a spoiler and reading a single line of info I need to see the DLC before I can make any further judgements on the GoW identity.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:49 pm

DoughGuy wrote:
    Shkar wrote:The The firstborn inherited the sun, but when he lost his status he left in self-imposed exile because of the shame. He entered the ToG where he wouldn't have to see the sun, which means he is obviously Patches.

AFter accidently clicking a spoiler and reading a single line of info I need to see the DLC before I can make any further judgements on the GoW identity.

Why? It's obviously Patches. Just accept that.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:36 am

NEVER!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:59 am

Wait a second its genius...Not patches the character, the patches to the game!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:10 am

Tolvo wrote:Wait a second its genius...Not patches the character, the patches to the game!

See! It's what I've been getting at this whole time!

"Watches over his soldiers" refers to From observing and preparing these upcoming updates!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:11 am

That would mean...My god, the DLC is velka!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 am