Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

question about resistance stat

lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

question about resistance stat Empty question about resistance stat

Post by lucanious Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:03 am

is it worth it. someone said that your body (not armor) resistance is more effective than worn armor but i dont see how that would work. anyone care to enlighten me or feel curious enough to research if this is true and resistance IS worth getting or if its false and still a **** stat?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

question about resistance stat Empty Re: question about resistance stat

Post by Whknight Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Sorry for the late reply. In my personal views it's a semi worthless stat. I think it helps a little bit at the start of the game when you don't have any good armor/upgraded armor but it becomes non-important very quickly. As your SL increases the amount of additional stats you get from upping a core stat begins to decrease to the point multiple core upgrading is required to get minimal addtional upgrades. Just not very cost effective when you can do others instead of resistance.

So in that regard I would say it's not true and that armor and humanity, it does give you defensive stats in the same manner as resistance I do believe, will outdo the resistance stat.

Of course this is my own view, I could be terribly wrong on something~
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:21 pm

From my own testing i can say that it gives dbl the deffence of any of stat for your first 30 sl. So if your going to do it, then do it early. Having said that its not really worth it as you might end up with 30 extra defence, but 350 vs 380 defence is not enuff of a boost and the lvls are better spent on other stuff.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Too bad...it would have made a nice stat to complement tank builds if it was more effective.
    venomblader
    Casual
    Casual

Post by venomblader Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:32 pm

There are lvl or stat amount caps for resistance, which makes resistance give more defence. If you add to it from lvl to lvl it gives you usually 1 defence and 1 lvl defence, but at some points it gives 3 or 4 points in defence. I will figure out the lvls/amounts of resistance it occurs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am