Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
callipygias
lordgodofhell
6 posters

Parry + Magic

lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Parry + Magic Empty Parry + Magic

Post by lordgodofhell Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Hello forums
    Parry + Magic 1361424789

Known this for a while now and thought I would share this tid bit of info today. Applies more so to pure chaotic and divine magic users who don't use any melee weapon at all. Also applies to those who land a parry but forget to switch to their melee weapon.

If you land a parry and immediately cast your great combustion/wog, you receive a bonus damage!

Also applies to casting these spells when behind them. The damage, as with backstabs, is less than the parry damage but you still receive a bonus.

Wearing Hornet ring does not increase the damage.

The damage modifier is around 20% increase for the parry.

For pvp this knowledge can be useful when facing say a tank greatsword user. He will assume you will keep GCing him and attempt to tank the GC while stunning you into submission. Rarely will he expect you to parry him as you do not have a weapon out in your right hand!

Just another tactic to consider
    Parry + Magic 3149687655
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Parry + Magic Empty Re: Parry + Magic

Post by callipygias Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Doesn't have to be a parry, if you land certain magic attacks while getting hit or just after getting hit you get bonus damage. Seems like it's about 30% or so.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Does the Leo Ring apply?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:46 pm

+1 to you dude that's very useful I did not know that....so are you saying I should stop kicking people then GC'ing them and start parry GCing? You trend setter you silly

Alittle of topic but I saw a magic guy cast CHSM then parry a dash attack...landed the chsm and a rpstl it was pretty epic!!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:32 am

Shkar wrote:Does the Leo Ring apply?
    Not that I can tell, but that's exactly what it's like. Apparently it's just built in to the magic attack itself.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:56 am

callipygias wrote:Doesn't have to be a parry, if you land certain magic attacks while getting hit or just after getting hit you get bonus damage. Seems like it's about 30% or so.

This is also true Cally, however this would require taking damage which is what we are trying to avoid happy

Thanks Glatts! The few people who have + repped me I always try to let them know it means a lot to me. I don't hold the rep as the ultimate judge of a users quality but I do hold the ones who plus me up as quality users bounce

The Leo ring does not affect this damage bonus either. Leo only works with thrust attacks while you are being attacked.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:08 am

It's called a counter attack, but with Hornet's and an elemental weapon you'll way out damage the GC.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:09 am

Tolvo wrote:It's called a counter attack, but with Hornet's and an elemental weapon you'll way out damage the GC.

Assuming they want to use Hornets and or an elemental weapon. The thread was about parry+ magic, that is off topic.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:19 am

It's offering an alternative and naming what the term is that is commonly used for that damage increase. So it was on topic. An issue is often if you are landing a parry, you'll more than likely have a weapon in hand instead of your talisman/Flame Glove. Switching out for it will allow them to easily escape, since they aren't caught in a critical animation.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:57 am

Shkar wrote:Does the Leo Ring apply?
    No, leo ring is physical damage only, as only physical damage can be classified as "thrust" type damage. That also goes for split damage weapons: only the physical portion of damage will receive the bonus on a thrust attack.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:49 pm

lordgodofhell wrote:
    callipygias wrote:Doesn't have to be a parry, if you land certain magic attacks while getting hit or just after getting hit you get bonus damage. Seems like it's about 30% or so.

This is also true Cally, however this would require taking damage which is what we are trying to avoid happy
    Sorry, I should've mentioned it works after blocking an attack too. Just block and if your equipped spell is fast (like Wrath) you'll get the bonus.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm