Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
deathsdragon
Blazefury
Ignus-Dej
Herbo
d15-149
Carphil
JohnnyHarpoon
11 posters

Increased Lag

JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Increased Lag Empty Increased Lag

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:39 pm

I can't imagine why it seems to be happening, but has anyone experienced an increase in overall game lag lately?

In PvP I've become accustomed to it, although it does seem a tad worse now (a couple seconds instead of a split second), but in PvE I will very clearly dodge attacks, but still take the damage (which has never happened to me before outside of PvP).

I thought maybe I was just overplaying or just losing my usual groove, but recently a friend came over and noticed the issue before I even asked him about it. Also, a friend of mine who has the game too has been having this problem as well.

It's not a huge deal in the end, I got used to it in PvP...but it just seems kinda late for a problem like this to randomly start happening.

Last edited by JohnnyHarpoon on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Increased Lag Empty Re: Increased Lag

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Well, sometimes I can PVP very normal like in PVE, but sometimes I'm in the middle of a fat roll and suddenly I'm parried. I mean backstabs are ok, but parried in the middle of a freakin roll? WTH?

PS3 if anyone cares.
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:40 pm

@Jhonny

Yeah, Friday night seemed like a whole new level of lag I was experiencing. Like you, Im pretty you used to the lag, but this was pretty bad. I was seriously questioning what the heck was going on. Haven't logged on since, hope it's better!
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Ah, indeed. Glad I'm not the only one, then.

But yeah, I'm not trying to whine or anything, I'm just happy it doesn't seem to be a hardware thing.

Still disconcerting, but at least we're in it together? :pirat:
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 pm

I can really only offer speculation, but perhaps the P2P system has undergone some changes that most of us are unaware of? Since the host's PS3 is lumped with a bit more processing load, maybe the lag comes in when the P2P system trolls through the net looking for the right match for "invading player X."

With more people hanging out at the beginning stages of the game due to /facepalm cheats there are probably more invaders trolling for prey. Same with SL120 pvp with more people hitting that range daily.

I've also tended to have a bit of lag when I'm in an area with a lot of debris being kicked around (skeleton bones, broken bits of furniture, etc), and O&S.
    Ignus-Dej
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ignus-Dej Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:07 am

d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:48 am

Good tips on your new topic ignus, thank you.

However, I'm already set up optimally. The lag I experienced the other night did make me re check to make sure the tv was in gaming mode and once I saw that it was, I even re-set my router lol. It was just a strange night. Like OP said, I'm not whining either, but had just never experienced that much lag during game play and I too started looking for hardware malfunctions!

Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:02 am

Cant say I experienced anything like that in PVE. PVP is a different story. I'm hitting and hearing those noises that just make me think I connected, but their HP remains unchanged, but I guess that's common stuff in Dark Souls.
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:42 am

I've noticed a big increase in lag during Pvp over the last few days but Sony has been getting ready to drop/roll PSN into there SEN so that might have something to do with it, as of today you will be required to update your Ps3 to login to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) instead of the the PSN(PlayStation Network).

Hopefully this was the issue and will fix its self today after the update.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:47 am

I've noticed the lag has started causing invaders to appear who phantoms who are lagging can't hit (happens to me a lot recently) so i suppose that's worse..

But for PvP as host or invader it seems pretty similar to always, maybe it's a bit worse since im getting hit now by things i definitely dodged on my screen (rolling not just being out of range) but it's nothing spectacularly bad i'd say.

Then again in PvP i've always had lag that caused me to make hit sound but health stays same (even if they didnt dodge) so thats probably why silly
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:43 pm

deathsdragon wrote:I've noticed a big increase in lag during Pvp over the last few days but Sony has been getting ready to drop/roll PSN into there SEN so that might have something to do with it, as of today you will be required to update your Ps3 to login to SEN(Sony Entertainment Network) instead of the the PSN(PlayStation Network).

Hopefully this was the issue and will fix its self today after the update.

Interesting possibility!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Okay I'll complain now. The lag is horrible if you use the chaos blade. If on my screen registers as a hit, you lose health form the attack even if the lag means your opponent doesn't.. This annoyed me quite a bit to be honest, kinda shocking.
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Same as always here on the 360. I haven't had many issues with lag thus far, of course there were a couple of dodgy connections but overall it's been very clean.
    Harlequin
    Harlequin

Post by Harlequin Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:16 pm

I've noticed more and more in PvE I'll hit R1 to attack and it wont do anything, then when I hit L1 to block I'll attack instead. I don't know if that has to do with lag.
    d15-149
    d15-149

Post by d15-149 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:29 pm

Harlequin wrote:I've noticed more and more in PvE I'll hit R1 to attack and it wont do anything, then when I hit L1 to block I'll attack instead. I don't know if that has to do with lag.

That is a known controller input issue that was supposedly fixed in patch 1.04 or 1.05. You still hear about people experiencing it, but not as frequently as it once was.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:37 am

While increased lag still seems to be an issue at times, I will admit that finding people to summon and or to invade seems to be more consistent. So with the quantity of connections on the up, it seems the quality has perhaps suffered?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:23 am

also, almost every time i get summoned to help someone i dont see invaders or the second phantom, whats up with that?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:48 am

RantFromRant wrote:also, almost every time i get summoned to help someone i dont see invaders or the second phantom, whats up with that?

I've got this a lot recently, i usually see the phantom but amount of times im with some helpless guy who gets owned by an invisible invader sucks i can't help them out :|
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:56 am

yeah it suck every time that happens, i just feel so helpless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm