Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

El Shaddai- Ascension of the Metatron

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

El Shaddai- Ascension of the Metatron Empty El Shaddai- Ascension of the Metatron

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:39 pm

This is a seriously beautiful game. I got it yesterday. Anyone else played it?
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

El Shaddai- Ascension of the Metatron Empty Re: El Shaddai- Ascension of the Metatron

Post by Baal-Avatar Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:30 pm

I do not have it, but I have been wanting to get it for the exact reason you mentioned. I love the art direction of the game. Maybe I'll pick it up now that the price has dropped.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

El Shaddai- Ascension of the Metatron Empty Re: El Shaddai- Ascension of the Metatron

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Never heard of it... Please expand on your description.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:22 pm

I've only just started the game and to be honest it's very difficult to expand on it other than to say that the graphics are amazing. They remind me a bit of Shin Megaten-Lucifer's call and Rez. The plot is based on The Book of Enoch and you play as the eponymous character. You start off as a studious kind of chap who gets a visit from an archangel called Lucifel who tasks you with the capture of seven angels who have fallen to earth. To do this involves a lot of fighting using weapons called the arch and the gale and another one which I haven't got yet and I can't remember it's name. There are various button sequences which you can use (Ninja Gaiden) to vary your attacks and you can steal an enemies weapon. There is also a fair amount of platforming in it to and every time you fail a jump a bit of your armour falls off which is replaced when you break various artifacts and you get health replacement the same way and by beating enemies (God of War).

This is a very basic explanation I know, sorry but the appeal for me is the backdrops you encounter. They are the stuff of dreams. I spend as much time gawking at the scenery as I do playing the game, it's awsome and the soundtrack is too. Never intrusive and fits the game like a glove. If I could only use one adjective to describe this game it's this 'otherworldly'. There is a demo on PSN which should give you a better idea of how the game looks and plays than I can.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:24 pm

How much gameplay will I get out of it?
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 pm

[quote="WhatDoesThePendantDo?"]How much gameplay will I get out of it?[/quote

How long is a piece of string?
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:04 pm

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:54 am

A picture paints a thousand words. Thanks for helping me out there BaaIDS.

Last edited by SlakeMoth on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misquote)
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:14 am

Wow looks great, thanks for sharing, I will have to go try this out.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Hope you like it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:40 pm

i still have this game sealed, i agree it looks pretty good. It was just one of the games i bought in the mist of my dark souls addiction. El Shaddai- Ascension of the Metatron 2707236321

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 am