Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
zzombieboy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rifter7
reim0027
Lancelot
DoughGuy
cloudyeki
Tolvo
lordgodofhell
13 posters

The Holy Block List

lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Holy Block List Empty The Holy Block List

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:52 am

Seen this touched upon in a few threads and figured I would make one dedicated to this handy fact for the unknowing ones.

Have you come across the same gank squad, cheap player, or just someone you plain outclass everytime? Some players would like these types filtered from their daily pvp routine. Well, for those who do not know, blocking them on your dashboard/psn will prevent the player from re invading you vice versa for ever!

This is really handy when hosting FCs where that one troll keeps dropping into your 0 poise club and wogging everyone or horneting everyone.

Side note, as I briefly scroll through my roll a dex of black listed, I can't help but notice 99% of my blocked (literally) are Japanese players?
    :|

Weird phenomenon maybe only I experience but facts are facts lol.

So, just a tid bit to help ease your woes when searching for viable "honorable" pvp or even co op without annoying trolls helping.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

The Holy Block List Empty Re: The Holy Block List

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:54 am

Man, please don't make this about Race/Culture.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:56 am

May relate to the time of day you're playing more than anything else. I know that I come across alot of japanese players at 10-3.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:01 am

Tolvo wrote:Man, please don't make this about Race/Culture.

This about what my block list is composed of and what i have noticed at all times of the day. Not about race or culture. You're taking it the wrong way Tolvo.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:02 am

Just please edit that out, please. It only causes troubles man.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:06 am

lordgodofhell wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:Man, please don't make this about Race/Culture.

This about what my block list is composed of and what i have noticed at all times of the day. Not about race or culture. You're taking it the wrong way Tolvo.
    Not really. You;ve added in an unneccesary fact about race, which has no impact on you rpoint.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:13 am

If that piece of the thread offended you I am sorry sincerely. I meant no ill will.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:38 am

Well whoever the troll is that is repping down people, I guess he should take solace in that he is ruining what used to be a good thing.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:44 am

Ya know, it's probably the one who's always hidden.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:56 am

meh, if that's what gets them off so be it lol

They should focus on contributing to the forums instead of anonymously down repping. Good thing I don't take the rep that seriously lol
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:03 am

No one should take it seriously. Another forum I visit for another one of my favorite games disabled the Rep system recently, after bring it back after two years. Too many people complained about neg. rep.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:12 am

It's worked very well for us in the past, but lately I'm thinking we are leaning towards the trend of removing it. It always sucks when the trolls ruin it for everyone else, but eh that's how the internet is these days eh? Something good comes about, it has to be destroyed.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:18 am

lord - are you sure about this? I don't think that makes a difference. I think people have been invaded by those on their blocked list.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:22 am

what are you talking about.. blocking someone on xbox or ps3 doesn't stop them from joining.

on xbox it makes them less likely to join, if it even does that.
    on ps3 its just a plain old ignore button.

sooo... yeah you've ignored a bunch of people who don't know you're language.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:39 am

lordgodofhell wrote:

Have you come across the same gank squad, cheap player, or just someone you plain outclass everytime?

I can see wanting to block the gankers and the unscrupulous players in the population but why would you want to block someone whom you beat consistently? I know it can get a little dull and/or repetitive to beat up on the same poor soul again and again but he/she isn't doing anything wrong, they are just playing a game to the best of their abilities. If their best doesn't meet your standards that's hardly their fault, is it? I'm sure they are trying their best to improve.

But, again, as others have said, I don't know how effective block/ignore lists really are ultimately.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 am

On the Xbox at least, 'avoiding' DkS players is absolutely useless. The block/rep system on Xbox is useless in general actually. I have avoided (and therefore down-repped) gankers countless times, only to invade them again several times in a row Shrug
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:43 am

I've been invaded on PS3 by people I have blocked (mostly the dragon roar glitchers).
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:25 am

Hmmm maybe I have just gotten lucky but when I host ill have the same troll keep coming back...put him on my blocked list and he's gone for the night!

If the blocked list doesn't stop them completely it seriously nerfs them from finiding you...I have been blocking everyone that glitches or that just BS fishes or whatever...I won't see them again that night?
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:23 pm

the trick to not getting invaded by the same person is to simply go to the bonfire and wait a minute or two. if they're in a high traffic area they'll of invaded or been invaded themselves.

a little off topic but if ure trying to summon a rss just keep your red eye in your quickslot. if it phades out I know you can just exit the game and reload to get the invader off you and resume rss searching
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm not sure if this works, (it has for me so far, but I haven't tested it either.) but If I could avoid the people I fight whom I just destroy every time, I would do so. Its not that they've done something wrote, its that they're boring to fight, which is the opposite of what I want out of a game.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm

It works for me guys. But based on your info perhaps it only reduces the chance on PS3 of finding them again.

I know that Hells Servant uses this technique to prevent randoms from re invading his fight club tournaments. That is where I got the idea from and I have not been re invaded by anyone on my block list since.

I tested it a bit in the burg at sl 120. I would get repeat gank host/ dishonorable invader if I did not block them. After blocking on PS3 I did not see them again. Maybe just a reduction in the likeliness of encountering them?

Also, I dont just block everyone lol. But if I am clearly trying to be honorable and one refuses to do so or is a dragon glitcher, auto block

I am interested in the experiences you guys have with still encountering players on your block list. If you could give some details so we could narrow this thing down that would be great
    happy
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Well I find it hard to believe that other people said thay are being revaded by people on there blocked list on PS3....so far I have had 100% success with blocking them!

In the Burg last night the same guy pulled my sign twice in a row...he was horents lag stab fishing...I blocked him and he didn't summon me again....I was also there for about 4 hours.

Its funny you mention Hells your psn seemed familiar to me...I am pretty sure we have fought before in his world or Lances...my psn is Glatts17 tho.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Well I find it hard to believe that other people said thay are being revaded by people on there blocked list on PS3....so far I have had 100% success with blocking them!

In the Burg last night the same guy pulled my sign twice in a row...he was horents lag stab fishing...I blocked him and he didn't summon me again....I was also there for about 4 hours.

Its funny you mention Hells your psn seemed familiar to me...I am pretty sure we have fought before in his world or Lances...my psn is Glatts17 tho.

Yes I am aware of you Glatts! I recall you both during Hells FC and I have also seen your sign in the burg. I could not summon you since I basically get invaded constantly there without even using the Dried finger lol. I know I have seen that Glatts17 RSS in the burg around 120 though!
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Ya dude that's awesome always 120!

I remembered your psn because we had a great duel there a little while ago.. I think down in darkroot also....I host down there a lot and run into that same problem...it gets annoying when you wanna drop a RSS and your insta invaded...so you quit restart you know the drill lol!!

I am 100% with ya on the block list tho man it has improved the game so much!
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:12 am

I have been hosting in the upper burg with my lvl 12 over a month off and on. Because of my level I get a lot of repeat invasions. I had a darkmoon, lvl 49, invade me 4 times in a row. Of the 5 dragon glitchers I have encountered and blocked, not a single one of them has ever invaded me again. Either at the time I blocked them or anytime after.big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am