Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Argetlam350
Lancelot
Juutas
Seignar
Bloodios
IceIfrit666
Slarg232
Noob-of-Artorias
ImperatorMortis
Sorrow95
Seenblack
15 posters

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers*

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers*

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Its a 3-4month wait. That's just not good marketing. I understand that they want the pc edition to sell, but it was originally a console game......its just stupid.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. PC gameplay!!! *Epic Spoilers*

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:29 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Its a 3-4month wait. That's just not good marketing. I understand that they want the pc edition to sell, but it was originally a console game......its just stupid.

Yeah, it rips my heart out, but what can we do?
    BishopHavel
    BishopHavel
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BishopHavel Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:11 pm

They say there will be a trailer released soon which is gonna have Hawkeye Gough in it. I really can't for that, because I think Gough is gonna be an awesome character. I think that Gough is blind for some reason.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:00 pm

BishopHavel wrote:They say there will be a trailer released soon which is gonna have Hawkeye Gough in it. I really can't for that, because I think Gough is gonna be an awesome character. I think that Gough is blind for some reason.

The developers are Japanese so most definitely he's going to be blind, haha big grin
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Didn't get to see the video before it went private 😢

It looks like he is somewhat an homage to Guts, though, what with the Gimp arm and Berserker-looking armor.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:13 pm

ehhh, if you mean artorias i dont really see him being inspired by guts. Dark Souls devs were fans of berzerk im sure, but i wouldn't say any of the npcs are directly inspired by any of the characters. The only one who really stood out to me is siegmeyer, who reminds me of bazuso.
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:26 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:ehhh, if you mean artorias i dont really see him being inspired by guts. Dark Souls devs were fans of berzerk im sure, but i wouldn't say any of the npcs are directly inspired by any of the characters. The only one who really stood out to me is siegmeyer, who reminds me of bazuso.

You're probably right, being big fans of both I guess I tend to draw connections that aren't there. Artorias's armor just gave me that vibe. Either way, I'll definitely be rocking it if you get it after defeating him.
    BishopHavel
    BishopHavel
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BishopHavel Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:29 pm

I think his armor looks really cool, altough Im not gonna wear it myself. It's to dark for me.

But the gameplay vid went private? Does someone know why?
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Finally some actual gameplay insight on the soon to be added content., but all I really want to know asap is everything about the new weapons & armor.

The demonstrator is not doing a good job lol , It even seems he picks unsafe moments to attack on purpose , and then goes , ''see , the DLC is still as difficult as the original game'' lol , great example of a terrible marketing attempt.

Last edited by ZikoLogiKa NL on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    SEANB240
    SEANB240
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SEANB240 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:32 pm

BishopHavel wrote:I think his armor looks really cool, altough Im not gonna wear it myself. It's to dark for me.

But the gameplay vid went private? Does someone know why?

They probably weren't supposed to release it this early.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Finally some actual gameplay insight on the soon to be added content., but all I really want to know asap is everything about the new weapons & armor.

The demonstrator is not doing a good job lol , It even seems he picks unsafe moments to attack on purpose , and then goes , ''see , the DLC is still as difficult as the original game'' lol , great example of a terrible marketing attempt.

You can see a lot of things for yourself though. Like despite his really high stats the enemies were doing a lot of damage, and had a decent amount of hp. I don't want to know anything about the dlc, its killing me that cause its going to be damn near impossible not to have it completely spoiled seeing as i can't play it on pc.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:52 pm

yeah wtf, his endurance is 99 but it looked like he would still mid/slow roll haha , he even popped a Blessing , i hope that doesn't mean they'll become available for purchase through DLC , I doubt it really.

Looking forward to the DLC without hesitation , exploring of , and duelling in the new area's will be good fun ! I really need new armor pieces to be able to create completely new looks , and preferebly new weapons with new movesets aswell.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:38 pm

With those stats, I could at least attempt to tank Artorias with a maxed out Giant set, plus Dark Wood Grain Ring, Wolf Ring, Grass Crest Shield, and a maxed out Demon Great Machete. But I do suppose that would defeat the purpose of this video...

By the way, I do wonder how he got to SL400 with those stats, because no matter which class I choose, whenever I input those stats on mugenmonkey, the SL always come out below 400... strange that...

Anyway, here's the video for download in case anyone couldn't get to see it before it went private:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/z7mke9
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:44 pm

Have you noticed that not a single fromsoft promotional video has ever shown the dwgr being used by a heavy/med armor user. I think fromsoft knows how stupid it looks, and how easy it would make the game appear. Seeing as they use the difficulty as a selling point i dont think they want that.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:57 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Have you noticed that not a single fromsoft promotional video has ever shown the dwgr being used by a heavy/med armor user. I think fromsoft knows how stupid it looks, and how easy it would make the game appear. Seeing as they use the difficulty as a selling point i dont think they want that.
    It goes without saying that the ring is a legit glitch/cheat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am