dragon roar glitch counter

    Share
    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:59 pm

    Using the Washing Pole's 2h r2 you can effectively counter the
    dragon roar. I did it 3 times to a phantom who was using the
    glitch, killing both him and the host.
    You have to catch them right at the edge of the swing, so as not
    to get caught, but it's actually very easy to pull off.
    I've not tested other weapons, such as spears, but maybe they
    work also.
    avatar
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 504
    Reputation : 30
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 97

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by IceIfrit666 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:18 pm

    DSS or Silver spear might work.


    _________________

    Xbox Gamertag: Druid Cathbad
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by Gaxe on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:21 pm

    Would DSS's 2H R2 work?
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by Rynn on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:22 pm

    omega Elf wrote:Using the Washing Pole's 2h r2 you can effectively counter the
    dragon roar. I did it 3 times to a phantom who was using the
    glitch, killing both him and the host.
    You have to catch them right at the edge of the swing, so as not
    to get caught, but it's actually very easy to pull off.
    I've not tested other weapons, such as spears, but maybe they
    work also.
    This counter works with any weapon above 6.0 in length if it has a thrusting attack. Two handing the demon spear is the best option.

    The sad thing is some dragon glitchers now use the wolf ring, effectively nullifying this one and only weakness.
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 22

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by dancash1808 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:09 pm

    Oh man I was wondering how long till they twigged to the wolf ring... pity if I could catch one on the back foot armor of thorns rolling them was amusing.


    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1689
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 37
    Location : Alberta

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by DarkW17 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:50 pm

    Great stategy nothing wrong with that!

    What I have noticed is that they have to kinda turn to the side and delay abit before they can get it off...by this time I have already pulled my chaos rapier outta there back!!!

    I'm not singling out the dragon COV tho... hell I got a head and torse in all my build like most people do...but ya unfortunately I just bs them the second I see one now to be on the safe side....this really sucks I used to have fun duels with dragons!!

    I recorded the funniest video...in the burg and the dragon bows so I bow...then of course I start eat the daggers...but before I die I am already blocking him and the video ends...what a fun duel :confused:


    _________________
    The Lords Blade-Darkstalkers...I've come for your Humanity
    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 28
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:03 pm

    Yea i would say the knives are worse then the roar, cause they can get you from a pretty far distance. So sometimes they hit you right as you are about to backstab them. From what i can tell there is no way for you to get out of the stagger it causes once you're in, unless the glitcher makes a mistake. It really needs to be patched.
    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:05 pm

    Rynn wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:Using the Washing Pole's 2h r2 you can effectively counter the
    dragon roar. I did it 3 times to a phantom who was using the
    glitch, killing both him and the host.
    You have to catch them right at the edge of the swing, so as not
    to get caught, but it's actually very easy to pull off.
    I've not tested other weapons, such as spears, but maybe they
    work also.
    This counter works with any weapon above 6.0 in length if it has a thrusting attack. Two handing the demon spear is the best option.

    The sad thing is some dragon glitchers now use the wolf ring, effectively nullifying this one and only weakness.

    It doesn't matter if they use the Wolf ring, that doesn't
    prevent me from inflicting massive damage on them.
    I'm sure I could easily attack them multiple times if I
    wanted to, I was well out of range.
    avatar
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 597
    Reputation : 40
    Join date : 2012-06-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Black Devil Ship

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by Pesth on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:34 pm

    omega Elf wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:Using the Washing Pole's 2h r2 you can effectively counter the
    dragon roar. I did it 3 times to a phantom who was using the
    glitch, killing both him and the host.
    You have to catch them right at the edge of the swing, so as not
    to get caught, but it's actually very easy to pull off.
    I've not tested other weapons, such as spears, but maybe they
    work also.
    This counter works with any weapon above 6.0 in length if it has a thrusting attack. Two handing the demon spear is the best option.

    The sad thing is some dragon glitchers now use the wolf ring, effectively nullifying this one and only weakness.

    It doesn't matter if they use the Wolf ring, that doesn't
    prevent me from inflicting massive damage on them.
    I'm sure I could easily attack them multiple times if I
    wanted to, I was well out of range.

    what she/he :suspect: tryied to say is that you cant stunlock a dragon with just one hit because of the wolf ring and the unlimited roar will continue.

    avatar
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 293
    Reputation : -1
    Join date : 2012-06-01

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by omega Elf on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:53 pm

    Pesth wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:Using the Washing Pole's 2h r2 you can effectively counter the
    dragon roar. I did it 3 times to a phantom who was using the
    glitch, killing both him and the host.
    You have to catch them right at the edge of the swing, so as not
    to get caught, but it's actually very easy to pull off.
    I've not tested other weapons, such as spears, but maybe they
    work also.
    This counter works with any weapon above 6.0 in length if it has a thrusting attack. Two handing the demon spear is the best option.

    The sad thing is some dragon glitchers now use the wolf ring, effectively nullifying this one and only weakness.

    It doesn't matter if they use the Wolf ring, that doesn't
    prevent me from inflicting massive damage on them.
    I'm sure I could easily attack them multiple times if I
    wanted to, I was well out of range.

    what she/he :suspect: tryied to say is that you cant stunlock a dragon with just one hit because of the wolf ring and the unlimited roar will continue.

    But you can stun them with successive hits, then the roar, is
    no more.
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 22

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by dancash1808 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:50 pm

    But you move forwards and if they have half a brain (a bit optimistic of me I know) they will close the distance and lock you.


    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by skarekrow13 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:00 pm

    Does karmic justice trigger from roars? I'm not sure what poise it takes to avoid that flattening you but I haven't seen it yet (including a giants armor wearing camper and many mobs with a shield up)


    EDIT: Also the glitch causes a severe speed reduction during use. Fleeing and wasting their time can be fun. Or a method to lure them


    Last edited by skarekrow13 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by Carphil on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:02 pm

    Does it deflect emit force? What about karmic justice? Cast -> get yourself stunlocked by the infinte roar -> laugh

    never tried, just theory

    aww skare silly


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by skarekrow13 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:07 pm

    If I could connect reliably I would test with someone. I've had kj trigger from hits that caused no damage before but it was a rolling i-frame hit so it may have have just recognized it as "damage." However the damage taken is confirmed to be irrelevant with the number of hits being the trigger. Personally I'm hopeful kj would work

    avatar
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 504
    Reputation : 30
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 97

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by IceIfrit666 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:13 pm

    2 days ago I found that flame tempest works fairly well, massive damage and guarantees a knock down.
    You have to be pretty unlucky for the pillars to miss.


    _________________

    Xbox Gamertag: Druid Cathbad

    Sponsored content

    Re: dragon roar glitch counter

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:00 am