Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

multiple lord souls question

philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

multiple lord souls question Empty multiple lord souls question

Post by philtitan Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:50 am

Forgive me if this is a silly question.

I was playing and got summoned by another player in the undead church. He said he didn't want to beat the boss, just wait for invaders and asked if I was cool with doing that. I said ok. We did a few invaders and then there was a long gap where he laid a bunch of cool stuff on me. I was around level 25-35 at the time and was still playing original game. He gave me 40 souls of Smough, 41 souls of the Moonlight Butterfly, 34 souls of Sif, 20 souls of Gwyndolin, and some more stuff.

How did he have that many lord souls? Is there a way to acquire that many without cheating?

Thanks
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

multiple lord souls question Empty Re: multiple lord souls question

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:51 am

That was a Ganker, a form of Griefer that kills invaders with numbers. He more than likely glitched to get all of those souls, unless you noticed the enemies hit absurdly hard and had unremarkable health. So, that was a Glitching Griefer.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:05 am

There is away to get that many of each soul, but.. it takes some kind of high level OCD winking

My advice to you, hold onto those bad boys, don't pop them and use them for their souls until you've play through the game and beaten everything. Then, you can use them to make weapons or level up your character to wherever you want him for NG+, or even trade them here on the forums for... whatever.

Its just my opinion, but you'll probably find the game more enjoyable the first time through acting as if you never got that gift. Welcome to Dark Souls, and welcome to the forums.
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:14 am

Thanks people!

I was wondering if I somehow got lucky enough to hang with a game developer. Ah well. And another thing. I burned through those souls leveling up. Now that I am on NG+ I wish I had kept them. Mainly to make great weapons that I could give to people. Oh well. Live and learn...

Thanks for the welcome! I am reading the 40page thread about extinguishing bonfires. Wild stuff. No spoilers please.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm