Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Serious_Much
SlakeMoth
6 posters

Dark Souls voted Best Game.

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark Souls voted Best Game. Empty Dark Souls voted Best Game.

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Dark Souls has been voted the Best Game of 2011 by the readers of Game Central with Skyrim in second and Portal third.

So what I hear you say and what's Game Central anyway? Game Central started life as Digitizer hosted by the incomparable Mr. Biffo on Teletext. When he left it was re-named Game Central by the people who took it over. It went from strength to strength but would have folded when Teletext went down but for a petition by it's readers which had, I believe over 11,000 signatures one of which was mine. It must have worked because Metro, the free paper you get on trains and buses etc., took it on and you can find it on their website at gamecentral@ukmetro.co.uk

Game Central is well worth a look. It's written by games journalists who really know their stuff. It has all the latest games news, previews and their reviews are bang on the money. They gave Dark Souls 9/10. Need I say more? One of the best things about it though is the Inbox which gives readers the opportunity to air their views and generally comment on developments in gaming. There are two Inboxes a day and it's well worth a look because most of it's posts are written by people with a genuine interest in games, so please give it a go.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Dark Souls voted Best Game. Empty Re: Dark Souls voted Best Game.

Post by Serious_Much Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Just to put that into perspective, IGN gave Dark souls 9/10, and we know what they're like silly

Oh i just looked and they gave Final Fantasy XIII-2 a 6/10, okay that's earned my respect.

then immediately lost it again after still licking the arsehole of bethesda not letting the horrendous glitches count against it.. "Less bugs and glitches than usual for Bethesda" - 9/10...

I hate game journalists.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

yea and the worst games in the world get a 9/10 call of duty its a same what gamers have become thank god for dark souls and Demons souls a light in all this crap
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

then immediately lost it again after still licking the arsehole of bethesda not letting the horrendous glitches count against it.. "Less bugs and glitches than usual for Bethesda" - 9/10...

Why don't people realise that the glitches in skyrim & oblivion were the best bit... sigh
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:18 pm

skyrim seems like a waste of a christmas gift noew that iv'e had it for 2 months and barely started a file. sigh... combat in it sucks and the "myriad of quests" are basically raid this cookie cutter dungeon, fetch these items slay this beasty and thats about it. the dragon powers aren't even that fun.... and skyrim spawned that hateful meme that i dare'nt mention.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Shakie666 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

Why don't people realise that the glitches in skyrim & oblivion were the best bit... sigh

when the glitches cause the game to break i dont think they're good silly

Oblivions glitches were funny, skyrims are horrendous and game breaking..
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RaSoul Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:30 am

A glitch actually made me quit Skyrim.

I used a lot of time helping the Nords conquering citys etc, but now Im stuck in Solitude and cannot move on with the quest because the NPC´s get bugged, and the pathetic dude of Solutide wont even surrender after hitting him for 5 straight minutes... that sucks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm