Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Pennder
TangerineDream
Serious_Much
befowler
Doelker
lextune
ViralEnsign_
reim0027
Forum Pirate
Slarg232
passivefamiliar
FruitPunchNinja
User
Tolvo
Rudmed
Baiulus
Phoenix Rising
RANT
Jester's Tears
23 posters

The Sign of douchbags

Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Sign of douchbags Empty The Sign of douchbags

Post by Jester's Tears Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Soooo i've been playing PvP and im convinced that Gigant armor + Any mask from Pinwheel = Douchbag...EVERY TIME.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

The Sign of douchbags Empty Re: The Sign of douchbags

Post by RANT Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Yep, pretty much.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Yep....i see that and i automatically hornet BS them to death. Because i guarantee they will do the same thing!
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:22 pm

. . . .
    Can I wear my mask and NOT Giant's/havel/etc.?
    :pale:
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:25 pm

People are who they are. Just because they wear that armor doesn't mean it is always true.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Imo it's just a sign of people trying REALLY hard to win which ruins the whole atmosphere of the game since everyone looks and has the same three builds which gets boring as hell.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:59 pm

I can't weigh on them, but if they wear a pharis hat, they're obviously friendly! cheers
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Baiulus wrote:. . . .
    Can I wear my mask and NOT Giant's/havel/etc.?
    :pale:

IF you/I ever get into each others world and since we knows each others gamertag it would probably be okey...

UNLESSS YOU HAVE A HUGE AMOUNT OF SOULS THEN IM GONNA GO BAD **** CRAZY SPAMMING...Or something...
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:35 pm

... I wear the father's mask naked with no equipment

Well, that's not true, I actually carry a bandit's Dagger with just the Holy Robes and no other form of clothing or wear.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

I think the fathers mask looks the coolest. Honestly, i think the people who do the havels gaunts/leggings with dwgr and mom mask are the funniest, they don't consider themselves to be the same as the flipping giants for the most part. Same **** to me, all easy mode builds. If i keep running into the same flipping mom tanks i just spam facepalm and suicide. Even if i know i can win, fighting the flipping builds has gotten so old. The game truly feels 100x better when both people are using fast roll(or mid/fat if you're a tank). I'm actually glad ive been seeing a lot more people switching to fast roll. The fights are so much better when you can actually take dmg when rolling. When i use the dwgr with my shiva build i honestly dont know how i used that ring for so long, it just feels/looks ridiculous.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

I only hope somewhere, there is a company that sells specially made "Dutchbags."
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:55 pm

The phrase 'the exception proves the rule' applies heavily here. Its sad. There are alot of fights, when i get lagstabbed. I get up. Do the shrug or look skyward gesture and accept death. I never mind losing. But...poor sportsmanship is not to be tolerated. I've made many friends due to fighting fair. It even breaks the language barrier. 3 of my friends are jappanese...neither of us understand a word in game, but we play together. I hate lagstabbing mother wearing giant sons of father havle the ninja flipping rock.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Same here passive, i have a few foreign psn friends that i met just because we were actually having fun dueling. The people who dont hesitate to backstab you even when you obviously arent fighting are just sad, i dont understand how winning in a video game thats not even meant to be competitive could mean that much to someone. Even some of the people who appear to be trying to have fun, take it way to seriously. Like i ran into this guy with dual claws, so i thought i would dual claw fight them. As i was switching weapons they came up and backstabbed me......its like c'mon its pretty obvious what i was doing. People just take the game way to seriously when it comes to winning. This is not street fighter, its not a game that was made to be balanced for competitive play. Why take wins so seriously?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:07 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Same here passive, i have a few foreign psn friends that i met just because we were actually having fun dueling. The people who dont hesitate to backstab you even when you obviously arent fighting are just sad, i dont understand how winning in a video game thats not even meant to be competitive could mean that much to someone. Even some of the people who appear to be trying to have fun, take it way to seriously. Like i ran into this guy with dual claws, so i thought i would dual claw fight them. As i was switching weapons they came up and backstabbed me......its like c'mon its pretty obvious what i was doing. People just take the game way to seriously when it comes to winning. This is not street fighter, its not a game that was made to be balanced for competitive play. Why take wins so seriously?

I honestly can't add to this thread without breaking a rule or two, but I agree with you guys.

But looking at the Claw Fight comment here... Have you seen the Dark Souls Sumo video on Youtube? Great laughs, that.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Tolvo wrote:I can't weigh on them, but if they wear a pharis hat, they're obviously friendly! cheers

5 min after i read that i invaded a world whit a guy using that Hat and he gave 5 humanity and diden't heal or go for backstabs during the fight...YOU'RE A HOLY MAN I TELL YOU.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:03 pm

...Are you on PSN? That might have been me haha. If there was a Tolvo in the ID. But yeah, the Pharis hat weighs little and has no advantages, so people who wear it are often goofy people like me.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:26 pm

RantFromRant wrote:Imo it's just a sign of people trying REALLY hard to win which ruins the whole atmosphere of the game since everyone looks and has the same three builds which gets boring as hell.
    The atmosphere of the game is survive at any cost, not look pretty and unique.

@OP Its not gear, or covenants, or what cheese they eat, but the PEOPLE that suck or don't suck. Full giants does not a prick make. This is exactly the attitude, taken a short step further, that promotes real life predjudice and segregation.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:23 am

I've been known to go around with the MoM/Giant's gear. It is one of the best armor combos in the game? Why not use it? Nothing in this game is cheap. What is cheap is how it is used.

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:37 am

Hmmmm I suppose the issue is perhaps that the set is too good? Maybe it needed to be toned down so that other armour set up/ heavy/light armour varients were more viable in PvP.

I mean I seea ton of poise flipers which I have no problem with except that it essentially means that without a greatsword of some kind you need to be parrying and BSing them...... which is essentially where we are in terms of PVP now.\

This the onlty thing I dont like about dark souls. Individuality is not necessarily encouraged in this game IMO.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:40 am

I'd say the issue is that maybe the armors need more weight to them. When I'm deciding what armor I want to wear I don't even have to consider weight. I put on a ring, and now weight literally means nothing to me. So what am I going to do? Just grab the best armor. Whichever it is, I'll just grab it. There is no negative to all that weight, I can easily carry a Zweihander with Giants and a Mask, so why shouldn't I? That's the issue I have, there are no negatives. I think the Rings are what we need to look at more.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:57 am

That makes sense to me.

I'd take out the RoFaP's encumberance bonus, halve the effects from Havels ring, and destroy that gawd awful mask of the father..... maybe the mother too but thats only because the child mask is the only one that looks all that cool.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:38 am

I disagree that anyone needs a greatsword. Especially if the dwgr is nerfed/removed, that defense is vital to defending against spears. The tradeoff for full giants poise and physical defence is god awful magic defence.

Seriously, ever tried to beat a fast rolling spear user without a spear and mid rolling? I have, it doesn't go well. Even if they are 1 hit from death, and I'm at full hp when they switch to the spear, I still lose.

I wouldn't think the survival at any cost theme would promote diversity. I would expect it to do exactly as it has, lull 80% of the players into doing the same thing while believeing it to be the best, 10% to do something different just to be different, and 10% to do something different because it works better.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:49 am

Forum You do always need a greatsword because how then are you supposed to stagger and stun lock your opponents to death. I mean sure stun is a realistic aspect of combat but the lock should end after two or three hit tops.

I rarely ever see my opponents without some kind of Greatsword or Curved Greatsword and who just poise stun lock me to death......unless i parry or bs and then i become some kind of reviled cheater.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:59 am

Toggle out.

I hate greatswords, not for their effectiveness but because I suck with them. I've yet to be stunlocked to death fastrolling with a spear, reguardless of opponent or weapon. Their poise means nothing if one can simply rollpoke around in circles and never take a hit.

While effective, stunlocking (and greatswords,) are so overrated its ridiculous, because a quick toggle is an instant break. It might just be me, though spears help my point, but I almost never stunlock. Everyone just dodges out after hit 1, because everyone has 76 poise, but I still win most of my fights.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 am

How does one "toggle out"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am