So...(Why me?)

sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

So...(Why me?)

Post by sinisterapathy on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:24 pm

So...I have been on a bit of a vacation the past few months just living off of my savings and not working(been quite nice) I decided it was time to get back to work.

I started a new job...worked for a week...Then i get a call today. My background check came back and they said "you have too many misdemeanors we have to let you go." "...excuse me?" i replied. She then began to name off crimes. Disorderly conduct(there were about 4 of these) THEFT(!) and various similar crimes going back to 2005 and even one this year. I said " No ma'am! that is incorrect all i have ever had are two traffic tickets from 7 years ago." She also said some of it took place in Ohio...i have never been there. I gave her my SS# and she checked again...saying the same thing came up. She said if i get it straightened out i can come back. So i call the SS office and they say all they can do is look up work history i have to file a police report.

So i go to the police station and talk to the lady up front and she says in order to file a police report i have to have some kind of proof....What? isnt that your job?! She says to get the information from the lady who did my background check. Ok so i call that lady. She says she mailed me a print out and i say i need it now because i have to have it to file a police report. She says she cant give it to me.....i have to wait on the one she mailed.

Obviously i was quite angry at this point so i just said ok and hung up to keep from yelling and cussing at her. Now i..wait? i guess...

I am so angry and depressed right now words can not describe.

I only hope i never see the person who did this to me because then i will be arrested for a crime i actually did commit.

I hate my life...i hate everything. F you world, F you.
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Re: So...(Why me?)

Post by bmurn on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:27 pm

That sucks. Make sure you check your credit report right away as well.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:01 pm

So... you're saying the system's made a mistake?

I'm... shocked...? :|

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Darn. I'd have a hard time keeping my cool. And I would also get a bit sad too. But over all, pretty darn mad.

I hope everything is sorted out and looked at good. And all end well for you.
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm

[quote]So i go to the police station and talk to the lady up front and she says in order to file a police report i have to have some kind of proof.[quote]

So you have to prove you aren't guilty? I find that hard to believe, unless your legal system is that fethed up.

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. Now here’s a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky.
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:50 pm

I spent a night in jail because i wore a green hoddie! When i was on a vacation in germany... It was... ***... Grrr... If you know what i mean, i had no *** idea what they were saying and it was cold as they took my *** hoddie for evidence and why did i had to go through that because there has been a drug dealer or something matching my clothes, age and description...Also one of the german cops was like a dwarf so i had to stop myself from punching him he talked in german to me realy slowly so i could understand, i dident... i dont know why they didebt have a translator maby he wore a green hoddie too... At least my friends had a laugh :shock:

Well my story can be looked as in a funny way but yours just stupid i would most likely go on a rampage in your boots... well keep it together it most likely will get resolved soon winking

Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:59 pm

See, this is why I hate pricks who use other peoples things. Ever since I got my cell I've been getting calls asking for a philipe golisha or something and it's ALWAYS a debt collector or something.

Props to BindMind for the sig!

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 pm

That's not rare, it seems. Idenity misplacement and theft are a problem it seems.

First it was coin, now it is identity. Instead of stealing your property, they do crimes with your property. That's great... Can you sign an autograph for me?
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:10 am

That is very unfortunate. On the bright side, you can relax for a bit more while this gets sorted out. Not all jobs require background checks (at least not in Canada), so if you really need work right now, try applying elsewhere? What's done is done, even though it's of no fault of your own. I do hope it all gets sorted out... but until then, try to stay positive.

. STAR HARMONIA .
    AKA. 'Sparkly-Shiny-Rainbow Glitter' Prism Stone covenant
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:19 pm

This happened to me. You need proof of foul play to file the police report, for those who question the reason.

Also, you'll have to submit this information to Social Security so that they can investigate and submit you for a new number (this takes time.)

Stay positive, friend, it gets better!

Oh, one last thing, contact the three major credit bureaus and lock your SS# to prevent the acquisition of new credit lines. Should be around $30 for each so about $90.

Good luck! big grin

http://tinyurl.com/964ob2h
    PSN: StarScarJenova
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Guess what!

Im *** cursed!

So far it seems that it is just a mistake made by the company that did the background check.(so it SEEMS that my SS# hasnt been stolen...so far) I have been waiting about two weeks for the report to come in the mail and have not recieved it. So i called the company i was working for and told them so i also informed them that the police said i have a right to the information adn they could not hold it from me any longer. So the lady changed her tune(a bit) and gave the name of the company which does the BG check. I got ahold of them after a bit of an ordeal.

The lady immediately says that she has found the error and updated the report and was going to send it to my former employer. After everything i was taken aback by this! A bit shocked i said "oh!...really it was that easy?.." she says "yes it was because we didnt have your middle name." to which i replied "middle name...then what do you use my SS#...you know what nevermind"

Suprised i said thank you and she was quite nice to me...i didnt verify the information in the new report. How foolish could i be? All i had to say was "Can you please tell me whats in the new report so i can verify that it is me this time?" but nooooo im *** retarded it didnt occur to me untill i had hung up. The only way to speak with them is to leave a message and wait for THEM to call you.

So i go up to my former employer because they had been asking me to come turn in my ID badge and they said that when i cleared everything up i could get my job back. So she checks her email and sure enough they had just sent the updated report...well a report saying i still didnt qualify. She didnt have the detailed report yet. She was very helpful showing me the old report that was never mailed to me and trying to get ahold of the BG check company.(they didnt answer) It seems she believed me and was just as perplexed as i.

She said that she would call me when she got ahold of them. I also left a message with them to contact me. So now i wait...again.

If you are curious the POS they have me confused with has been convicted of the following crimes and others...all of which take place in Ohio...a state which i have never even been near.

Child endangerment X2(i havent been around children since i was a child!)

Theft!!!

contributing to the delinquency of minors(buying kids alcohol i assume)

Obstruction...X2

Disorderly conduct...X4

And many others.

Wow this guy is a class act huh? I would really like to kick his ***.

This sucks.
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:54 pm

hmmm a major glitch in the system but this is a unfortunate common problem

when is the patriots system going to be made silly

I will protect my lord till the very end

Au ou Pasnic Morarta

Spoiler:

GT:nsane32