BB Glitch must be patched

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Re: BB Glitch must be patched

Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:44 am

A legitimate system to trade items between characters.

Thats my idea. Then I still have to work for my stuff, or convince someone to trade it to me, but I can't magically have 30 on every character. Even if the characters had to be the same sl to trade, that would cut out more than half, and the least fun, portion of my non-bb build time. We're talking from 6-15 hours to 4-6 hours.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:54 am

personally, my problem with the BB-glitch isn't that it let's people get things easier, but that it's infinite. If glitching the 99 divine blessings onto your new char STOLE it from your other char, then i'd have no problem with it. The exploits that IMO most effect PvP that are possible via the BB glitch would not be infinitely repeatable.
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:02 am

Hence the trade idea. Its a trade, not a copy. Not foolproof, but a decent compromise (imo) for both pvpers and those that do both/only do pve.

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:13 am

The other compramise imo is that those that trade via this method should have PvP disabled before level 60.
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:32 am

Rynn wrote:Be the change you wish to see. If people hadn't just cowed down and let 120 be the cap, it wouldn't be. Enough people head to 255 and it will become a new "tier" for PvP, as would any other level. I've long been under the belief that all our problems, with X and Y being OP... it all stems from stupid stuff like the aformentioned level 120 cap. The BB-Glitch would hardly be "positive" at all if we didn't have a PvP level cap of 120, promoting interest in the continual remaking of chars, rather then the perfection of a single 1.

I liked that Rynn and I agree with you 100%. The lvl cap imposed by players (not the system) is part of a problem and not a solution imo. It also kind of ruins coop, because almost noone goes further than 120.
    Which kind of sucks...
    Cheers Rynn.

Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Again, given 2 hours, I could be griefing with a +10 large club, and full stone armor, using the one ring to fast roll everywhere. Griefers would go nowhere.
    Pirate... c'mon man, you are one of the first persons telling other people to go blind on their first run. When you talk about getting op at a low level in less than 2 hours is your experience and knowledge of the game that is doing the talking. A newcomer would hardly pass the burg in the first 2 hours by himself/herself alone.
    That was kind of naive from you...
    I can create a strong sorcerer in less than 2 hours but just because I already know what I need and where is all the stuff located, but most important, how to fight the enemies to get them.

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:52 am

I said griefing. IE If i wanted to intentionally ruin peoples fun as an invader, that could all be done. I know where to get everything from trying to build quickly before I knew of the bb.

I was arguing against it cutting down on the number of griefers. I was not discussing the effect it has on pve for new players, beyond their encounters with such griefers, with that particular sentence.

ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:15 am

But what is OP? I mean sure, if someone invades with a +5 Chaos Iaito, I would be inclined to say, that's a griefer, but its not even that hard to get a +2 Chaos weapon. Frampt can break down some much easier to get, blue chunks, and you can get 2 reds, or more (by the worms) in Undead Asylum. Taurus Demon isn't a necessary boss, you can get to Valmos pretty easy, especially with a divine weapon, like perhaps the Astora's Straight Sword, or even a +0 Divine weapon just made for this. It may not be instant, but it sure isn't hard. What about a +5 Fire weapon? That's not hard to get whatsoever, just fall the right way and boom. Is that OP? What does a non-grifer, low level invader have to use to be considered fair? Only +5 weapons? Players are unlikely to have that at first at Bell or Taurus. Why does one think he can evaluate what is fair and what is not? If I have one Halberd, and no other weapons, and its not upgraded, I demand you fight me with only one non-upgraded weapon too, otherwise its not fair, regardless of level.

I mean, people have their different guidelines, and I won't be following them.

The patch, which I had proposed had changed Fire/Chaos/Lightning (or rather, Fire/Lightning, since I suggested Chaos was just removed) weapons to scale with your SL, up to a max of 50, at 50 it would have the same power as they do now, but below it wouldn't have nearly the power it does now. That is an infinitely more definite and logical fix to low level invasions isn't it?

I even have my own opinion about low level griefers, which you must obey. I think weapons are easy enough to get, that its not crazy for people to low level invade with powerful weapons, you never know, they could have been worked for legitimately, but what I dislike is you can transfer over Red Eye's and etc. Those are harder to get and require much more commitment. 4 Kings is much harder at a low SL... (well like every boss). That is another easy way to dissuade players from griefing low levels, since its much harder to get the needed invasion things.

See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Doelker wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Again, given 2 hours, I could be griefing with a +10 large club, and full stone armor, using the one ring to fast roll everywhere. Griefers would go nowhere.
    Pirate... c'mon man, you are one of the first persons telling other people to go blind on their first run. When you talk about getting op at a low level in less than 2 hours is your experience and knowledge of the game that is doing the talking. A newcomer would hardly pass the burg in the first 2 hours by himself/herself alone.
    That was kind of naive from you...
    I can create a strong sorcerer in less than 2 hours but just because I already know what I need and where is all the stuff located, but most important, how to fight the enemies to get them.
    While Forum Pirates situation isn't likely, you CAN become overpowered in 2 hours.
    Keeping in mind Newbies (genuine newbies) are NOT GOOD at dodging magic, my level 20 sorcerer i had soon after starting the game, with 16 attunement, 30 intelligence, and everything else put in endurance was OP as anything you'd see now. I won 6/6 of those cracked eye matches at the start of the game, and if i didn't have to fight BB-glitchers that already knew how to play, i could probably still own an infinite amount of newbies with a dagger, 60 soul arrows and 12 heavies, and just 30 intelligence.

i didn't know what i was doing, so this is viable enough to me as a personal experience to say a newbie can get very powerful early in even without knowing what to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:48 am