Looks vs Effectiveness

    Share
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Gaxe on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:30 am

    Which one comes first to you guys? Personally I do prefer looks idk why though lol. I try to look cool and have a effective armor set at the same time. But effectiveness doesn't really mean anything to me if i don't think I look cool also lol.
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by DoughGuy on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:35 am

    Should make a poll.

    Looks > poise > weight > defence


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 246
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-07-22

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Bloodios on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:38 am

    Doesn't matter. Anything that is effective enough to let me survive an invasion, you can bet I'll use it. Appearance only matters when I'm playing offline.


    _________________
    avatar
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 177
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-05-30
    Age : 34
    Location : Southern

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by isthefridge on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:39 am

    I wear:
    Cleric Helm
    Knight Armor
    Havel gauntlets
    Cleric leggings
    Iron round shield

    The colors go well with one another. I also like for my DM high dex I wear:

    Shadow mask
    Velkas robe (cant remember the actual name)
    manchete
    and Cleric leggings all on a Very slim player.


    _________________
    XBLive GT - isthefridge

    PSN ID - isthefridge
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Gaxe on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:25 am

    Also i have a small question does the crown of dusk affect miracles?
    avatar
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1087
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-07-18

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by ICEFANG on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:32 am

    I have to say that I mix them up as much as possible, but usually I get my effectiveness from strange things (like a Grass Crest Shield in the right hand, ring usage), and looks from the armor, in the rare times I use armor.


    _________________
    DRAGONBRO4LIFE

    See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2
    avatar
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1500
    Reputation : 104
    Join date : 2012-06-30
    Age : 29
    Location : Finland

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Juutas on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:36 am

    Looks over effectiveness always and forever. I enjoy the most playing naked, challenging and fun.


    _________________
    "Now stay down!" "...okay"

    Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988

    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-06-08

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Raikan007 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:59 am

    Giant Helm
    Paladin Armour
    Smoughs Gauntlets
    Giant Leggings
    Sunlight Shield

    (weapon of choice)

    my favourite:

    Giant Helm or Brass Helm
    Gwyndolin Moonlight Robe
    Smoughs Gauntlets
    Giant Leggings
    Greatshield Astoria

    Effectiveness for the first playthrough, looks for the rest happy
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 32
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Federally on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:12 am

    Gaxe wrote:Also i have a small question does the crown of dusk affect miracles?

    Yes, have a thread about it in the Archives showing tested dmg increases on offensive miracles. It does not improve healing miracles.

    To answer OP I try and mix both, depends on the theme of the build tho. My current favorite build, Drake, is wearing Black Knight body and legs, with Golem gauntlets, hollow thiefs hood and BK shield with G Halbred. Good defense, 52 poise, epic fire def for all those new pyros running about and he looks *** awesome!


    _________________
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Gaxe on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:16 am

    Federally wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:Also i have a small question does the crown of dusk affect miracles?

    Yes, have a thread about it in the Archives showing tested dmg increases on offensive miracles. It does not improve healing miracles.

    To answer OP I try and mix both, depends on the theme of the build tho. My current favorite build, Drake, is wearing Black Knight body and legs, with Golem gauntlets, hollow thiefs hood and BK shield with G Halbred. Good defense, 52 poise, epic fire def for all those new pyros running about and he looks *** awesome!

    Thanks fed ^.^ so would it increase the damage of Sunlight Blade?
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 32
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Federally on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:19 am

    Gaxe wrote:
    Federally wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:Also i have a small question does the crown of dusk affect miracles?

    Yes, have a thread about it in the Archives showing tested dmg increases on offensive miracles. It does not improve healing miracles.

    To answer OP I try and mix both, depends on the theme of the build tho. My current favorite build, Drake, is wearing Black Knight body and legs, with Golem gauntlets, hollow thiefs hood and BK shield with G Halbred. Good defense, 52 poise, epic fire def for all those new pyros running about and he looks *** awesome!

    Thanks fed ^.^ so would it increase the damage of Sunlight Blade?

    Didn't specifically test SLB, tested WoG and GLS, soooooo I dunno but my dusk crown wearing build wrecks **** with SLB so Shrug


    _________________
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Gaxe on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:26 am

    Federally wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:
    Federally wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:Also i have a small question does the crown of dusk affect miracles?

    Yes, have a thread about it in the Archives showing tested dmg increases on offensive miracles. It does not improve healing miracles.

    To answer OP I try and mix both, depends on the theme of the build tho. My current favorite build, Drake, is wearing Black Knight body and legs, with Golem gauntlets, hollow thiefs hood and BK shield with G Halbred. Good defense, 52 poise, epic fire def for all those new pyros running about and he looks *** awesome!

    Thanks fed ^.^ so would it increase the damage of Sunlight Blade?

    Didn't specifically test SLB, tested WoG and GLS, soooooo I dunno but my dusk crown wearing build wrecks **** with SLB so

    Here's mine atm http://tinyurl.com/c28myu6
    avatar
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4072
    Reputation : 124
    Join date : 2012-04-19
    Age : 32
    Location : Iowa, USA

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Federally on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:33 am

    Hey same gear as mine! Well almost as mine has black iron gloves. Otherwise nearly identical. Though I suggest you add Great Lightning Spear, with my 44Fth it does 800+ damage and lands quite frequently.


    _________________
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Gaxe on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:47 am

    Federally wrote:Hey same gear as mine! Well almost as mine has black iron gloves. Otherwise nearly identical. Though I suggest you add Great Lightning Spear, with my 44Fth it does 800+ damage and lands quite frequently.

    I might of but i've already created the build..stats wise at least and it's capped at 120...
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Gaxe on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 am

    Also if you want to know why i didn't choose gaunts it was because they showed part of the arm which i didn't like lol.
    avatar
    befowler
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 2032
    Reputation : 188
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Sunlight Altar

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by befowler on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:07 am

    I play noticeably better when my character looks cool, it makes no sense but is impossible to deny. My favorite level range is 55-60 so my usual goal is to look good but also get as close to 53 poise and 300 defense for all stats (with 99 humanity) as possible with End at around 20-25. Some of my favorites:

    Full solaire's set but with giants gauntlets swapped in -- the classic that looks great on a very slim female build, and at +10 for all items (+5 giants) has very even and good defenses even for magic/lightning.

    golem's helm, black sorceror chest, giant gauntlets, giant leggings -- My favorite Vow of Silence build, which looks flat out creepy and awesome. You turn off all the ruckus with VoS and just beat people to death without any expression on your face, the way jebus intended.

    knight's helm, cleric's chest, havel's gauntlets, hollow waistcloth -- Looks great on very slim build, somewhat ronin/knight errant look that pairs well with my beloved and scrappy BSS

    lautrec helm, brass chest, giants gauntlets, blood stained skirt -- my favorite Sunbro Champion build, poise is a little low but you make up for it by looking insanely awesome as a glowing orange champion of all that is good and just in life. Plus the blood spattered clothes let people know you're not just there to look pretty.


    _________________
    "They can be a great people, Solaire, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Gaxe on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:22 am

    Curses BSS DROP ALREADY D:
    avatar
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 316
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 30
    Location : United Kingdom

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Isirith on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 am

    Appearance all the way.
    If it matches I'm happy win or lose.

    And it's very satisfying killing a flipping giant 2 hander whilst in some robes with zero
    poise. big grin


    _________________
    PSN ID - Isirith

    "The problem isn't the problem...
    Your attitude about the problem is the problem, do you understand?"
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Gaxe on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:27 am

    Woot finally got it after 24 times exactly of running aorund the church place.
    avatar
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 177
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-05-30
    Age : 34
    Location : Southern

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by isthefridge on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 pm

    ^Undead Parish


    _________________
    XBLive GT - isthefridge

    PSN ID - isthefridge
    avatar
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 965
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-04-25

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Azran on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:21 pm

    Looks. What's the point of doing cool stuff if you are not going to look cool while doing it? silly


    _________________
    PSN: Azran-

    Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. Now here’s a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky.
    avatar
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 120
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Germany

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by TonyDamajer on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm

    if youre invading your look will be ruined anyways...

    I care about looks but sometimes ill be minxmaxing my gear, trying to fill the weight cap perfectly and end up looking retarded


    _________________
    Rehyped and back .... and prepared to die

    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5553
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2012-01-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Finland!

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Spurgun on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:33 pm

    I play as a dragon for 99% of the time.
    Do you think i value effectiveness over looks? silly

    Sponsored content

    Re: Looks vs Effectiveness

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:34 pm