stats - negative gains.

    Share
    avatar
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 666
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-05-10
    Location : Lost ruins of Oolacile.

    stats - negative gains.

    Post by RandelOolacile on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:33 pm

    Hello, everyone!

    I'm curious to know if there's a concise table explaining how many points a designated stat will benefit from a specific scaling.

    Example:

    Estoc +15 - scales with str with D and dex with C.

    How many points should go into each before leveling that specific stat becomes detrimental? Is it standard and if it were to be say a B in dex what would be the difference?

    Thanks, guys! big grin


    Last edited by MudoRH on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    a.k.a. MudoRH

    http://tinyurl.com/964ob2h
    PSN: StarScarJenova
    avatar
    Viral Enki
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 78
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 23
    Location : Thornville

    Re: stats - negative gains.

    Post by Viral Enki on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:37 pm

    I can't really answer your question very well but if you use the calculator ( http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/ ) You can effectively see when the damage drops off for each stat I think. I probably didn't help at all but you'd probably need a spreadsheet if it's possible to determine it. Or just mess around in-game and see the difference at a bonfire before leveling.


    _________________
    PSN: Viral_Enki
    SL: Any
    I am here mainly to give free items to players in need. I help for fun.
    Dragon Body 4 lyfe :00033: :dragon-stone:
    avatar
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 666
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-05-10
    Location : Lost ruins of Oolacile.

    Re: stats - negative gains.

    Post by RandelOolacile on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:42 pm

    Viral Enki wrote:I can't really answer your question very well but if you use the calculator ( http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/ ) You can effectively see when the damage drops off for each stat I think. I probably didn't help at all but you'd probably need a spreadsheet if it's possible to determine it. Or just mess around in-game and see the difference at a bonfire before leveling.

    Actually the character builder is what got me thinking about it. I was messing with the stone greatsword earlier and noticed that the str requirement was 40 and its scale within str is C I believe. So I started messing around thinking, C isn't too bad, but generally going over 50 seems detrimental. I tried taking it to fifty, this is ten whole levels, and it only jumped around 6 AR. I was dumbfounded. :| Clearly going over its prerequisite of 40 str is a detriment. sad


    _________________
    a.k.a. MudoRH

    http://tinyurl.com/964ob2h
    PSN: StarScarJenova
    avatar
    Viral Enki
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 78
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 23
    Location : Thornville

    Re: stats - negative gains.

    Post by Viral Enki on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:45 pm

    I believe that's because C stops scaling early on so even though you just hit the requirement doesn't mean you'll get a lot of bonus damage from scaling, as even S rank drops off after 50; If that makes sense.


    _________________
    PSN: Viral_Enki
    SL: Any
    I am here mainly to give free items to players in need. I help for fun.
    Dragon Body 4 lyfe :00033: :dragon-stone:
    avatar
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 666
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-05-10
    Location : Lost ruins of Oolacile.

    Re: stats - negative gains.

    Post by RandelOolacile on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:49 pm

    Viral Enki wrote:I believe that's because C stops scaling early on so even though you just hit the requirement doesn't mean you'll get a lot of bonus damage from scaling, as even S rank drops off after 50; If that makes sense.

    Yeah it does make sense. Its almost exactly what I was thinking, but that's why it begs the question. Is it standard? And then if it's standard, why even give it a scale grade? silly

    Thanks for the prompt responses! big grin


    _________________
    a.k.a. MudoRH

    http://tinyurl.com/964ob2h
    PSN: StarScarJenova
    avatar
    Viral Enki
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 78
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 23
    Location : Thornville

    Re: stats - negative gains.

    Post by Viral Enki on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:51 pm

    I don't know. Why would they make Smoughs Hammer have D scaling even though it takes like (58?) strength? Makes no sense. I think they want you to feel like you get a bit more damage just because. FromSoft is a little odd haha.


    _________________
    PSN: Viral_Enki
    SL: Any
    I am here mainly to give free items to players in need. I help for fun.
    Dragon Body 4 lyfe :00033: :dragon-stone:
    avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1739
    Reputation : 302
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: stats - negative gains.

    Post by Baal-Avatar on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:11 am

    I am not sure if anyone uses this, but I have found it useful in the past. You click edit and then plug in your stats. Then you can see damage from the different weapons. I hope it helps.

    https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/normal
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: stats - negative gains.

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:22 am

    Usually, Str and Dex cap at 40. But some weapons have break points on certain stats. For example some scalings are very good before 20 (4~5 AR per stat), but after that they get 2~3 AR per stat. This usually happens with C scaling. However the scaling vary by weapon, such as B scaling, which have 6~7 AR per stat, while others have 2~3 AR per stat. Examples are the Chaos Blade and DSS. Stat break points for enchanted/magic/occult/divine is 30 and 50, after 50 being the most detrimental.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 666
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-05-10
    Location : Lost ruins of Oolacile.

    Re: stats - negative gains.

    Post by RandelOolacile on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:34 am

    WyrmHero wrote:Usually, Str and Dex cap at 40. But some weapons have break points on certain stats. For example some scalings are very good before 20 (4~5 AR per stat), but after that they get 2~3 AR per stat. This usually happens with C scaling. However the scaling vary by weapon, such as B scaling, which have 6~7 AR per stat, while others have 2~3 AR per stat. Examples are the Chaos Blade and DSS. Stat break points for enchanted/magic/occult/divine is 30 and 50, after 50 being the most detrimental.

    So it does vary by weapon? It would be great if all scaling was standard. A gives you between 5-7 till 30 and then maybe 2-3 till 50. Then with each subsequent grade it drops slightly. If it were like that it would be a little easier discerning proper weapons for specific builds. silly

    Thanks for the link, BaalDS! I'm gonna go mess with that calculator a bit! big grin


    _________________
    a.k.a. MudoRH

    http://tinyurl.com/964ob2h
    PSN: StarScarJenova

    Sponsored content

    Re: stats - negative gains.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:15 am