Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
deadagain
mattyice47
6 posters

questions about pvp

mattyice47
    mattyice47
    Regular
    Regular

questions about pvp Empty questions about pvp

Post by mattyice47 Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:37 pm

what decides who you fight in pvp? is it based on what location you are in? i know it looks at your level too but is location the deciding factor? bc i cannot find a pvp game that doesnt have a team of two people. thats not fun for anyone
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

questions about pvp Empty Re: questions about pvp

Post by deadagain Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 pm

You just have to keep trying. The burg is the hot spot for 1 vs 1 fights. Anywhere else you run into gankers or legitimate co-op.
    mattyice47
    mattyice47
    Regular
    Regular

Post by mattyice47 Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:57 pm

will try that. im just tired of getting screwed by two buddies who get their kicks teaming up on guys. everything in dark souls gets exponentially more difficult the more enemies are added. also, is there a certain level you dont want to go past for pvp? ive read places that online play might get hindered if youre too high
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:14 pm

120 is the unofficial level cap but you will get good action to about level 200. The issue with going past 120 is all the builds tend to act the same, I.e. some kind of mask, dwgr, WoG, TWoP all day long. Level 80 is a good level for pvp but with the bb glitch the is good pvp even at level 10.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:37 pm

not killing certain bosses that you dont need to will leave an area open for pvp. You probably did already, but not killing moonlight butterfly is a good one to skip. Theres others though.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:49 pm

Here's what you need to know about PvP out of the gate:

At first it sucks. You NEVER win. Suppress the urge to rage quit. You'll have plenty of opportunities to do this.

The first time you win, you can ride that high for days. You'll keep chasing it.

IN MY OPINION, ultimately focus less on gear and more on technique. There are about a million little tricks we've all developed and you'll be coming up with some of them your own, just remain open to suggestion. Your way probably isn't the ULTIMATE way to PvP and neither is mine. That's what these forums are for; the dissemination of ideas and techniques to help each other become better players.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:08 pm

What damage said.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:59 am

the answer is backstab.

nah you're just invading in pve places probably. your soul level is probably to high or low too.

try darkmoon forest/garden, dark anor londo, the kiln, burg, parish, blight town in that green pit thing, sens fortress on the roof, dukes archives near the second bonfire by the books and painted world of ariamis in that big cylinder where those freakish birds jump down to scare you.

btw an above poster said don't kill the butterfly, but listen... if you plan to invade in the garden, you need to kill the butterfly. if you die as a phantom you'll leave your souls/humanity in the garden and may be invaded again as you pop out of the forest bonfire. if you get invaded there and lose again.. well..
    Anchises
    Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anchises Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:33 am

Rifter, you're kinda right but as long as you keep a couple rings of sacrifice on you you really don't have to worry. If you die invading and get trapped by an invader, just put on the ring and try not to die, if you do die then your souls will still be there when you go hollow.

I have lost 99 humanity and over 3 million souls this same way, except I just forgot to pick up my souls which were right with me at the bonfire, major derp.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:37 am

i lost 20 million souls from pvping and like 98 humanity once in the burg.

i was dead and forgot about it, and i was about to run to another area to help kill a boss for someone.

"hey maybe ill just go hollow so i don't get invaded" thought the idiot. "better an hero off this ledge".

yeah.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am