Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Need advice on a high SL build (wep paths)

N_Raist
    N_Raist
    Casual
    Casual

Need advice on a high SL build (wep paths) Empty Need advice on a high SL build (wep paths)

Post by N_Raist Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:04 pm

Firstly, this is what I want to be using (I am a FH, so I find ok using the DWGR with heavy gear and the SL is not a restriction):

SL 3XX Bandit

Vit: 99
    Att: 50
    End: XX
    Str: 40
    Dex: 45
    Res: -
    Int: 50
    Fai: 50

R1: Greatsword of Artorias
    R2: Velka's Rapier
    L1: Grass Crest Shield
    L2: Darkmoon Talisman

Armor:
    Ornstein's Helm
    Ornstein's Armor
    Havel's Gauntlets
    Giant Leggings

Rings:
    Ring of Favor and Protection
    Dark Wood Grain Ring

Spells:
    Wrath of the Gods(x2)
    Tranquil Walk of Peace
    Gravelord Greatsword Dance
    Great Lightning Spear
    Homing Crystal Soulmass
    Crystal Soul Spear(x2)

Armor=looks, but I managed to get 76 poise. I tend to 2h my weapons, so the Grass crest shield would be the best option (when I block, I try to parry and high health would be enough to deal with some chip damage).

The ATT slots go for some miracles and spells I want to use against gankers (I pretend to get good at inventory management, changing between Darkmoon Talisman and Tin Crystallization Catalyst).

I like GSoA's moveset and the AR is ok. Velka's Rapier is very good for chasing enemies (1h running R1 always catch them, and hit for about 200).

However, and as I go with almost max stats, I want to use lots of weapons, and here comes my problem: which path should I choose? On one hand, +15 with buff will always exceed the others, and I have room to get a buff or two. On the other hand I also want to use different weapons, so changing between them would waste my buff.

Some weapons I want to use: claymore, pike, murakumo, washing pole, BSS... [dragonslayer spear, GLGS, chaos blade, lifehunt scythe (non buffables)]...

I want to know if it is worth to make some of these weapons divine/occult, magic/enchanted... elementals seem to be worse with those stats.

Finally, I would appreciate if you told me about more weapons I should test. I want to win, yes, but having fun is my main objective. I may get higher STR if I need it, so no problem.

Thank you all.

P.S: sorry for my bad English, as it is not my native language, but I am trying to improve it. I will accept all the corrections you can make.
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Need advice on a high SL build (wep paths) Empty Re: Need advice on a high SL build (wep paths)

Post by isthefridge Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Try every weapon. At that level your close to being able to wield anything. Get your Strength to 50. A Bastard sword is pretty awsome with 50 / 50 str/dex probly one of the strongest greatswords.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Need advice on a high SL build (wep paths) Empty Re: Need advice on a high SL build (wep paths)

Post by Jansports Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Well since you do have a fair number of Attunment slots I would say bring 2 buffs 1x CMW and 1x Sunlight blade. Pick One or Two weapons to +15 to receive the buff(s) Of that list I would suggest the Murakumo as if you are good at deal angles you can get ridiculous amounts of too much damage, Also the Mura tends to be an offensive weapon, whereas say the Claymore/Pike will perhaps waste buff time playing footsie and such.

Pike and Washing Pole tend to poke and zone so adding mixed damage to them to "chip" through 100% physical blocking shields is probably not a bad idea.

BSS and Claymore will have more AR at +5 enchanted than any other upgrade path but it does have to double pen their defences and particularly with the claymore it's native scaling is strong enough that I think +15 would suit it better. I think likewise for the BSS, but only because BSS is great for buffing.

Note: If you don't mind droping from Tin to Logan's catalyst you can bring more than a single use of CMW (In fact you get three!) And with a single sunlight blade and 3 uses on CMW you can keep the BSS and Mura buffed up as you swap around. Remember buffs only last 60 seconds so it'll fall off and you can resume weapon swapping as you see fit.

By The way your sig picture reminds me of Hakumen from Blazeblue.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Don't upgrade your weapons along a divine/enchanted path. They have higher AR, but because of the way the game calculates defense, having 500 pure physical attack rating is stronger than having 250 physical and 250 magic for a total of 500. (The higher AR gets, the more it bypasses defense, so two 250's are suppressed much more by your opponent's defense rating than one 500) You should use that high int/faith for buffing rather than scaling.

Edit: Forgot to say, your English is very good. I could understand you perfectly.
    N_Raist
    N_Raist
    Casual
    Casual

Post by N_Raist Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:58 pm

isthefridge wrote:Try every weapon. At that level your close to being able to wield anything. Get your Strength to 50. A Bastard sword is pretty awsome with 50 / 50 str/dex probly one of the strongest greatswords.

I tried it and it is similar to the claymore. Nice weapon, thanks!

Jansports wrote:Well since you do have a fair number of Attunment slots I would say bring 2 buffs 1x CMW and 1x Sunlight blade. Pick One or Two weapons to +15 to receive the buff(s) Of that list I would suggest the Murakumo as if you are good at deal angles you can get ridiculous amounts of too much damage, Also the Mura tends to be an offensive weapon, whereas say the Claymore/Pike will perhaps waste buff time playing footsie and such.

Pike and Washing Pole tend to poke and zone so adding mixed damage to them to "chip" through 100% physical blocking shields is probably not a bad idea.

Yeah, that is very nice info, I did not think about how I would use each weapon. I will be going +15 with offensive weapons and another path for the poking ones.

Jansports wrote:BSS and Claymore will have more AR at +5 enchanted than any other upgrade path but it does have to double pen their defences and particularly with the claymore it's native scaling is strong enough that I think +15 would suit it better. I think likewise for the BSS, but only because BSS is great for buffing.

I tested it and my +15 claymore, without buff, does about +-5 damage points than my enchanted one. So, my decisions will depend on what you stated earlier: how I want to use the weapon. Thanks!

About the catalyst, I feel comfortable with two buffs, as rebuffing is hard and, if I can not finish them in 120 seconds, I will try to change my tactics (dragonslayer bow, cliffs, WotG...).

Jansports wrote:By The way your sig picture reminds me of Hakumen from Blazeblue.

He is Hakumen, indeed big grin.

Ghadis_God wrote:Don't upgrade your weapons along a divine/enchanted path. They have higher AR, but because of the way the game calculates defense, having 500 pure physical attack rating is stronger than having 250 physical and 250 magic for a total of 500. (The higher AR gets, the more it bypasses defense, so two 250's are suppressed much more by your opponent's defense rating than one 500) You should use that high int/faith for buffing rather than scaling.

Edit: Forgot to say, your English is very good. I could understand you perfectly.

Yeah, I know how the AR works, but some weapons could be useful even with another path. I mean, as Jansports said, a poking weapon with split AR will slowly deplete the enemies' HP.

Thanks. I am trying to improve it everyday, and it is very nice reading that from a native speaker happy
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Good to hear your build is comming along, when you do finalize your weapon loadout I'd like to know what you decided on in the end. Keep us posted
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:13 am

I like to roll with every weapon imaginable as a FH, from the mura to Quelaags to the rapier to the pike. You can upgrade to split damage paths, but my favorite split damage weapons are the unique ones, like the GSoA, Velka's, the DSS and Quelaag's. Normal weapons really only have the advantage in buffing.
    N_Raist
    N_Raist
    Casual
    Casual

Post by N_Raist Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Jansports wrote:Good to hear your build is comming along, when you do finalize your weapon loadout I'd like to know what you decided on in the end. Keep us posted

Mainly enchanted pike and normal murakumo/claymore. Oh, and hand axe, it is beast :x. I will try to use at least one or two weapons of each class, to get used to them.

Ghadis_God wrote:the GSoA, Velka's, the DSS

I LOVE those <33333. In fact, sometimes I go with modified Ornstein's (76 poise with Havel's gauntlets and giant's leggings), DSB and DSS. And it works amazingly!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:03 pm

I roleplay Ornstein sometimes in the forest. It's a lot of fun, though the DSS lacks the stopping power to really hurt the gankers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 am