Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

glitchers mentality

lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

glitchers mentality Empty glitchers mentality

Post by lorenzo110 Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:11 am

Greeting all. I had to share this small tale I recently had no more then an hour ago. Now I know we cant name players names on here but I will only say this dirt bag claimed in his moniker to be Elite. Any way I logged in and received a message from a friend who stated I needed to come and check out something he was running into. Well I go ahead and drop my sign and he summons me. Not more then 20 seconds later this "Elite" person enters his world and proceeds to use the infamous stone sword talisman glitch. Of course the battle doesn't last long because of what he was doing so I decide to email this tool and ask him why he felt the need to cheat.

Now I have seen alot of stuff in this game. I know all the glitches and how they work. Nothing in this game gets me more angry then cheaters. They are the pond scum and filth that infects this game. There is no justification for any skilled or unskilled player to ever use these methods to gain victory. Period. This "Elite" player proceeded to claim he was cleaning up the forest from gankers. Unfortunately for him he needed to cheat to do this. Which I proceeded to point out to him stating that I had more respect for gankers then I would for a cheater because if they are fighting you fair then you are given an opportunity to defeat them. Against glitchers the honest player is bringing a knife to a nuke fight. Now we can all disagree on which is more worse, though I am sure many of us would rather fight against fair players then cheaters. Because we have all been there at one point or another in this game.

Many have at one time been griefers, spammer, buffers, spambuffers,gankers, and reverse gankers. Its all a part of this game. Its what makes a skilled player in my opinion because anyone can beat anyone player at any given time but to truly challenge yourself against multiple people in a fight basically raises your skill level to higher status when you can defeat them fighting fair. I have been all of these and am not afraid to admit this. It has made me learn all the counter measures needed to fight against people that use these methods. How else are you going to learn faster and better then doing it and learning it. But with that being said I have always played this game honestly and fairly. Anyone fighting against me has always had the opportunity to win because I do not cheat or glitch to win. People who do this are cowardly and are afraid to lose. They never bother to challenge themselves to be greater fighters.

A great fighter to me is a person who enters a world and sees three people in front of him. He knows what he must do so he proceeds to fight these guys with a rapier and movement. Not once trying to parry or back stab he wittles them all down until he kills them all. Never spamming magic or wrath and or even attempting to buff his weapon. That my friend is a real player. He doesn't need a crutch or excuse to beat you...he just does it. I know that is possible because I have seen this scenario multiple times. There are players like this in this game. Not many but there are some. Those who refuse to challenge themselves to become great will never be great. They will only seek the cowards way out by finding a cheat that will raise their game.

Theres a youtube video that speaks of the mindset and morality of a fighter in DKS. Each of us have our own thoughts and conclusions to what is morally right and honorable vs what is cowardly inconceivable and unjust. A level of our experiance and skill tend to lead us to our own decisions on this. But make no mistake people, there is no justification on cheating at all. In this game or any other. The more messages this idiotic person sent me it was as if he were trying to convince himself that he was right in glitching. That everyone was doing it. To which I told him if that were the case then why did I not use a glitch against him in this fight and others when I had seen and fought him before. I must have been talking to a child because he proceeded to call me a cheater.

This is the mentality of a glitcher my friends. After all said and done he had the nerve to challenge me. My response was appropriate I would never duel a cheater nor ever place my trust in one. Period. I would rather fight gankers, griefers, buffers, buff spammers, reverse gankers and all the others before I would fight a cheater like that. At least as long as the others fight without cheating they in my eyes fight honorably. Period. Tools like this guy have no concept of honor or fairness. They will always seek the easy way out to beat you. Trying to talk to them is a great waste of time. They have basically fooled themselves that what they do is right and just. All because they are simply not good enough to fight fair fighters regardless of whether they gank, reverse gank, spam, buff and on and on. I could careless if people fight doing these methods as long as they fight fair and if you are skilled and good you should be able to over come them. If not dont sit there and cry about it because it will not make you a better fighter. Stand up to the challenge and face it head on. Become a better fighter by accepting the challenge and not crying about it, nor resorting to cheating to win. Because in the end you become worse then any of these things combined. Period. just my opin.
    Spife
    Spife

glitchers mentality Empty Re: glitchers mentality

Post by Spife Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:21 am

lorenzo110 wrote:A great fighter to me is a person who enters a world and sees three people in front of him. He knows what he must do so he proceeds to fight these guys with a rapier and movement. Not once trying to parry or back stab he wittles them all down until he kills them all. Never spamming magic or wrath and or even attempting to buff his weapon. That my friend is a real player. He doesn't need a crutch or excuse to beat you...he just does it. I know that is possible because I have seen this scenario multiple times. There are players like this in this game. Not many but there are some. Those who refuse to challenge themselves to become great will never be great. They will only seek the cowards way out by finding a cheat that will raise their game.

I am unable to comprehend this.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:38 am

Let me clarify then. A guy won a fight against 3 campers with only a rapier and no spells at all or buffs or bs or parry. killed all three. Dead. Amazing.
    PinkMage
    PinkMage

Post by PinkMage Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:38 am

Opps, sorry about that. I'm fighting an uphill battle against glitchers lorenzo110. I have to use their tools and tactics to beat them. I have to be like batman the dark knight.

Listen to this and think about me defeating glitchers with elite level skill for the full effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UKf_7jHmFw

Spife
    Spife

Post by Spife Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:51 am

lorenzo110 wrote:Let me clarify then. A guy won a fight against 3 campers with only a rapier and no spells at all or buffs or bs or parry. killed all three. Dead. Amazing.

No no, let me clarify: the paragraph in question was 200% of anyones daily need of scrub-logic. That's why I am unable to comprehend it. I'll try again tomorrow to get the remaining 100% that I just couldn't ingest today.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:23 am

Pink, even batman has honor. He wont kill his enemies. Theres a point where you decide what boundries you are willing to cross and which ones you aren't. I don't care if there were 2 invaders ganking me at the same time with glitches I refuse to fight without honor and lower myself down to their level. Because once you cheat you can't go back. And others will see you as one regardless of whether you are doing it out of good intentions or not. Nothing ever justifies cheating. I have lost respect for some friends because they choose to use glitches, and I have told them to their face as well. They are too good a player to have to resort to cheating in order to win. When they do that they basically become nothing more then cowardly cheaters no better then those they face doing the same thing. You have to ask yourself does anyone ever respect a cheater? No. Does anyone ever respect a player who always wins with skill and smarts? Yes..definately. Which would you rather be? Just my opin.
    PinkMage
    PinkMage

Post by PinkMage Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:26 am

lorenzo110 wrote:Pink, even batman has honor. He wont kill his enemies. Theres a point where you decide what boundries you are willing to cross and which ones you aren't. I don't care if there were 2 invaders ganking me at the same time with glitches I refuse to fight without honor and lower myself down to their level. Because once you cheat you can't go back. And others will see you as one regardless of whether you are doing it out of good intentions or not. Nothing ever justifies cheating. I have lost respect for some friends because they choose to use glitches, and I have told them to their face as well. They are too good a player to have to resort to cheating in order to win. When they do that they basically become nothing more then cowardly cheaters no better then those they face doing the same thing. You have to ask yourself does anyone ever respect a cheater? No. Does anyone ever respect a player who always wins with skill and smarts? Yes..definately. Which would you rather be? Just my opin.

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Dark Knight..."

also GG's bro.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:38 am

This thread has been locked for Flaming and Trolling.

If any members are not familiar with the guidelines, here is a link:
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2-forum-guidelines

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:16 am