Flasking during a pvp battle

    Share
    avatar
    PinkMage
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : -8
    Join date : 2012-07-31
    Age : 104
    Location : You Wish

    Re: Flasking during a pvp battle

    Post by PinkMage on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:25 pm

    I don't think there is a problem with healing whatsoever. However, if you want to rank it, the host is easily the most justified party to heal as he has the most to lose in any fight and whether or not the BP was summoned is inconsequential.

    You guys have to remember that just because you believe that no healing during a duel is best, doesn't mean everyone has to necessarily agree with your point of view and i can definitely see both sides of the coin in this argument.

    On one end of the coin you have the people who think that no healing is "pro" playing. However, this kind of playing encourages munchkining, landing poison with bows and turtles. People will find ways to abuse no healing in dueling and it is not a sign of skill to win a fight like this, merely abusing meta game tactics.

    The other side of the coin has healing, but it is limited. Old DS meta used to have a rule of 3 grass by either party in a fight. This kind of gameplay made sure that only the most skilled player won as it encourages less munchkin gameplay and much more aggressive punishment. Though, the reason this rule ended up going away in favor of no grass towards the end of DS's time in the spotlight was because people would eat more than their allocated allowed amount of grass to troll their opponents. This playstyle should not be ignored however as most dueling happens between two consenting parties anyway and it should not be hard to follow guidelines set in agreement by each party.

    In conclusion, healing is completely legit in a dueling situation and justified by the host if he is being invaded 100%. However, because for some reason big time meta game players have decided they needed to take care of all of you plebians, they have created a very fabricated ruleset and imprinted it into the back of the mind of everyone who plays DKS and they have made glitches and trade secrets public. So now instead of the nice Atmosphere DKS could have been we have new players fishing each other for backstabs and complaining when either heals himself. It's like a troll attempt on a much grander scale than i could have ever imagined.


    _________________
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Flasking during a pvp battle

    Post by Tolvo on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 pm

    There is a distinct difference between a wanted and unwanted invasion. If players are standing in the burg at the dueling spot at SL120 with obvious PvP gear, to the invading duelist they would obviously think the person is there to duel. Why wouldn't they? The reason for the lack of healing in dueling, and dueling alone is due to the fact that fights get drawn out, and with Divine Blessings a single heal can be done in an instant for full health. There is nothing wrong with using poison as well, it's merely another way to do damage. If you want to, you can avoid getting the build up as you should by making sure they can't just hit you with arrows, dung pies, etc. Now, if they poison you then just run away the whole fight, that's annoying. Because that is merely another form of turtling, sure. However, healing in a duel kind of shows the other player that you couldn't handle the fight. Think of it like a fighting game. Imagine if in every match in street fighter if both parties could heal to full with a single button press if they are ever far enough away. Getting away for an instant to heal really isn't all that difficult to do. As a summoned duelist having to fight through 20 flasks of a host is annoying. As a host, fighting through 99 Divine blessings of an invader is a real pain. Yes the host has more to lose, but if they aren't willing to take risks maybe they aren't ready for PvP.
    avatar
    PinkMage
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : -8
    Join date : 2012-07-31
    Age : 104
    Location : You Wish

    Re: Flasking during a pvp battle

    Post by PinkMage on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:39 pm

    Tolvo wrote: As a host, fighting through 99 Divine blessings of an invader is a real pain. Yes the host has more to lose, but if they aren't willing to take risks maybe they aren't ready for PvP.

    i really didn't read anything else you wrote but this because it really didn't make much sense, i'm sorry about that.

    But this kind of mentality is just wrong, you're not supposed to be ready for PVP in this game, it's supposed to be a surprise invasion. People aren't supposed to have 99 divine blessings or 99 slabs to make whatever gear they want, this is only possible through glitches. What's more is that even if he wasn't ready, he is still justified to heal himself whether or not you believe he is ready for PvP. Perhaps the poor sod likes playing the game, you can't say he shoulden't PvP because he wants to do it his way. Seriously, that kind of mentality is not helping anyone, it only promotes more problems.


    _________________
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Flasking during a pvp battle

    Post by Tolvo on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:44 pm

    PinkMage wrote:

    i really didn't read anything else you wrote but this because it really didn't make much sense, i'm sorry about that.

    I didn't really read anything else you wrote, this line right here let me know you aren't worth talking to.
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Flasking during a pvp battle

    Post by Carphil on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:08 pm

    swordiris wrote:Must have a Vit build?

    I actually do not care about healing. If you hate flasks, throw divine blessings. In a random invasion the host has the right to win at any means necessary. It wasn't a sanctioned duel, and even then healings a feature.

    Yea, but you should have only 3 or 4 divine blessings in the inventory, unless...


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: Flasking during a pvp battle

    Post by billy_bayonet on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:37 pm

    Let the monkeys heal lol its there game, i gurantee if you was teh first one to heal theyd be the ones complaining, i gotta say i am starting to get annoyed with this Forums New member constantly Whinging about whats fair and what isn't, I remember thing a few months ago and the Huge Flame war we had, Play the Game how you want to play the Game, the People in this community who follow our "guideline" rules high five to you, gta Love FC and organised stuff but forcing our beliefs onto other people is wrong, stop complaining stop whinging and start enjoying, if your not enjoying stop playing, Now i can imagine im going to get Downrepped for that rant but i felt it had to be said


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing

    Sponsored content

    Re: Flasking during a pvp battle

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:55 pm