Flasking during a pvp battle

biotheimpaler
    Addicted
    Addicted

Flasking during a pvp battle

Post by biotheimpaler on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:04 am

Just pvp'd a guy in dukes archives and he healed at least 7 times... kind of a pain, anyone else hate this?

[9:35:15 PM] Eli: Quick, someone kill the silences
    [9:35:25 PM] Eli: Break out into song all at once!
    [9:35:33 PM] dan: BUT WHAT SONG
    [9:35:37 PM] ◥▶️_◀️◤ Mike: IN THE NAVY WE SAIL THE SEVEN SEAS
    [9:35:47 PM] Adam "The DoughGuy": IN THE NAVY YOU CAN PUT YOUR MIND AT EASE
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Re: Flasking during a pvp battle

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:13 am

::raises hand::

I never heal, even when I get invaded but if you have to resort to that, at least pop a humanity. That way you're at least acknowledging that the person you're fighting deserves a bit more respect that your average mob.

Flasks are disrespectful and make fights not at all fun. I know about Lloyd's Talisman, but I don't feel I should have to resort to peppering you with Lloyd's in order to be able to have a straight up fight.

Of course, this is all just my opinion... Proper Bow

biotheimpaler
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by biotheimpaler on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:16 am

Well thanks for sharing, and I'd have to say I agree with you 100%

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:21 am

I love it when people flask, as they do it I just coat my Murakumo in DMB, they realize the ere of their ways soon after.
    biotheimpaler
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by biotheimpaler on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:23 am

so a bit off topic >_> just fought a guy and i hit 2 828 backstabs while he tried to heal and he didnt get past half health....um ok then? maybe huge vitality stat?

Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:24 am

Tolvo wrote:I love it when people flask, as they do it I just coat my Murakumo in DMB, they realize the ere of their ways soon after.

I just burn them with my dragon head when they flask happy
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:26 am

Must have a Vit build?

I actually do not care about healing. If you hate flasks throw divine blessings. In a random invasion the host has the right to win at any means necessary. It wasn't a sanctioned duel, and even then healings a feature.

All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:27 am

As is using my DMB Murakumo.
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:27 am

Invasion: let them noobs flask.

Duel: Don't flask, for the sake of the bow.

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    Zhangbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Zhangbob on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:30 am

i heal in fights. I played all day last night and every single person i fought healed whenever they got low. I lost many fights to it, so i started healing back. I learned no matter what people will use every tool in their power to win. but since we on the topic my moonlight sword and non dex increased spells are too slow to land a hit before someone heals anyone know any good ways of killing a person before or during their healing
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:32 am

Backstabs, or spells are the best ways. A CSS to the face is a great way to deter a person from healing. Backstabs of course since it can have the chance of interrupting them while dealing a great deal of damage. Often a backstab will deal just about the same amount of damage, as what is healed by a maxed out flask.
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 am

Zhangbob wrote:i heal in fights. I played all day last night and every single person i fought healed whenever they got low. I lost many fights to it, so i started healing back. I learned no matter what people will use every tool in their power to win. but since we on the topic my moonlight sword and non dex increased spells are too slow to land a hit before someone heals anyone know any good ways of killing a person before or during their healing

The way I stop them is i stay reasonably close to them at all times. If they some how manage to get far enough i blast them with my dragon head stone and that usually will stun them and do reasonable damage, but then i can get a hit on them with my weap.
    biotheimpaler
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by biotheimpaler on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:38 am

I try to run in close and bs or since I'm playing on a mage for fun as of now, I try and use a soul spear or soulmass.

ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:45 am

Is it a duel?

NO HEALING, actually, I feel humanity, which is painfully slow, is pretty fair, flasks are so easy to punish, but Divine Blessings are what sucks. You can't do anything about them, a player with 99 of them and some good poise will be very hard to kill.

If its an invade, as they say, anything goes, but even I think that Divine Blessings are a little too much, at least the other two have disadvantages (slow, doesn't heal THAT much, very slow, but heals fully).

I dunno, I don't feel any malice towards a player who flasks and isn't trying to gank me, he wants to beat the level and I play just like a very smart NPC. I will sacrifice my life, to kill them, even if I get nothing out of it, not to be cruel, but that's why I'm there, not to duel, but to kill you, just like how I will sacrifice myself to save my host (as a white).

I even don't mind being ganked, I fight harder, and I feel happy with the ~66% WLR against 2/3v1's I feel I have (I don't invade often, its harder to really invade as a Dragonbro!).

I don't really mine 'ganking' either. I like to help newer players practice PvP in Dark Londo, (most of the time, the invader understands I don't want to 2v1 when I start Praising the SUN!, but rather be a net that can help my new friend learn and I can give first hand advice). However, if they start WotG spamming, which I am very lenient on what I consider spam (it really has to be spam spam spam spam), or start eating Divine Blessings like candy, or just chain backstab us, then I tell my friend to help me/I will help me out, otherwise, I usually let my friend fight first, then I get in the middle and start Praising the SUN!, and usually they get the message, if not, after a few non-lethal swings, I let them heal, I heal if I need it, and I try to show my friend how to play better.

All of my opinions change greatly when using a Dragon Eye (especially) or a Red Soapstone Sign. They ask you to come invade, running is fine, but not with the intent of using enemies as cover, and I will gladly back off, let us heal, and let the host deal with an invader or enemy (should he get invaded again). I want it to be clean, once again, I don't really feel bad about humanity usage, but Divine Blessings, I have trouble not hating them. I'm against flasking in this case, but only because I'm not using my advantage (of using phantoms). If they heal with anything other than humanities, I'm inclined to throw the rulebook out.

See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2
    Zhangbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Zhangbob on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:50 am

im using my old character when i used to play and its a spell caster without dex lol. my css typically doesnt cast fast enough to hit them without them dodging it. second day plaaying in a long time so i still need to get a handle on the glitch stabs. Last night i was winning 1 in every 10 fights today i was easily winning 6 to 7 out of every 10. got a much better hang on the lag stabs but still need a little improving on how to do them myself. I dont use healing spells i flask or humanity
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:08 am

I always heal. You never know when will the opposing guy just pop a Humanity or Divine Blessing.

I tend to do an exception whenever I found someone who's not wearing Havels and a Mask though.

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. Now here’s a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky.
    Zhangbob
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Zhangbob on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:20 am

Azran wrote:I always heal. You never know when will the opposing guy just pop a Humanity or Divine Blessing.

I tend to do an exception whenever I found someone who's not wearing Havels and a Mask though.

Be careful i have found that these people are no different from their havel counter parts. Players flask and heal all the same. Very very few dont and they will once they see you do it.
    Spife

Post by Spife on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:27 am

I was in the burg tonight and some one popped a humanity, so I ran off the stairs leading up to the area near the bonfire. Funny thing is he wouldn't have needed that humanity if he stopped pressing r1 so aggressively.
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:50 am

Healing...don't do that s***. Healing is only a sign of one thing: you are ridicilously bad player.

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:32 am

IF someone Heals just spam Look skyward gesture and let them kill you, most of the time they get ragey cause you basicly insulted them as they killed you and any post death taunt is cancelled out....wait for the hate mail....

"No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you

lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:24 am

I love knocking people back with WoG, running away, using Chameleon and then BC out.

The hatemail makes it all worth it.

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. Now here’s a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky.
    The-Fiction

Post by The-Fiction on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:06 pm

In a straight up duel I don't heal and don't expect my opponent to either. If they start healing however, then I will do the same.

However, if I'm randomly invaded whilst trying to get through an area then I certainly will heal if I need to. All I care about at that point is survival.

Add me up for jolly co-operation!
    Pennder
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pennder on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:15 pm

I would never heal in any sort of a straight up duel, or even when I'm invaded and not seriously trying to progress through the level. But damned if I don't get invaded every time I go human, usually before I even have the chance to Kindle my bonfire. If I'm just trying to Kindle, and get through the level, I feel justified in doing whatever I can to survive. And, of course, if the invader heals, so will I.
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:54 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:::raises hand::

I never heal, even when I get invaded but if you have to resort to that, at least pop a humanity. That way you're at least acknowledging that the person you're fighting deserves a bit more respect that your average mob.

Flasks are disrespectful and make fights not at all fun. I know about Lloyd's Talisman, but I don't feel I should have to resort to peppering you with Lloyd's in order to be able to have a straight up fight.

Of course, this is all just my opinion... Proper Bow

When being a forest Hunter i truely get a kick out of throwing a Lloyd's Talisman at the host and chasing down the phantom. Its hilarious to see them try and flask which i punish with a BS. There is no fair play in war and the forest is a battle ground.

PSN ID - isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:09 pm

I was hosting duels in the Burg. An invader came in and immediately started attacking before i could actually see them. He was literally rising while i was taking damage. I host often and i know and have dueled many in the Burg. The phantoms i summoned just so happened to be friendly enough to understand this arse needed to die. I use a blessing and begin my solo assualt first. I'm making good hits defending well and pretty much owning this guy. I parry and repost him 3 time with a +15 rapier There is no legit build that can take that much damage after a long pummeling i gave him. By this point it obvious he is hacking. One of the phantoms I summoned uses a Large Club SLB with Hornet on him. It takes nearly 18 BS from him, myself, and the other phantom to kill this hacker. I get a msg from the Hacker. calling me a Noob for using blessings and 3v1 on him. I didnt know how to respond

PSN ID - isthefridge

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:20 am