Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
DigitaLinsanitY
Baiulus
6 posters

What's shield stability all about?

Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

What's shield stability all about? Empty What's shield stability all about?

Post by Baiulus Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:41 pm

I know it has to do with how well you can keep your stance, but what's the difference number-wise?

What exactly makes the Grass Crest Shield's 63 stability worse than the Silver Knight Shield's 76 in a practical sense?
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

What's shield stability all about? Empty Re: What's shield stability all about?

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:50 pm

I think stability is directly related to how much stamina is drained when you block a hit.
    I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me can give you some math behind it.
    Not sure how in depth it's covered... but the shield section in this wiki might have more info.

Cheers.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Each attack you block will consume stamina, higher stability equals less stamina lost. For some heavy attacks (especially at low levels) the difference between 63 and 76 could be the deciding factor to leave you standing on your feet after a block.
    The stamina cunsumption ability of weapons will also be increased by upgrading them.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:45 pm

I think it determines how well you can block an attack and maintain good stamina, which was mentioned above. I think that grass crest is still good because of its fast stamina recovery power.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Interestingly if you 2 hand Havel's shield and block you take no stamina drain. At all. Your regen will pause when you get hit but there is no loss.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm pretty sure its a percent, as in 63 stability, your shield will absorb 63% of the attack, and the other 37% (which isn't the same value if you got hit), your stamina takes. I'm not sure, but I think its a solid way to think about it.

The highest stability is a Crystal Tower Shield (I'm pretty sure, I never make those stupid crystal weapons) at 90. If you two hand it I bet you gain stamina back when you block silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:50 pm

I dont think it is a percent. Think about an attack that does 500 dmg. You block with a 100% shield with 52 stab. You dont take nearly 250 stamina drain. I think its based on weapon percentage (the stamina drained) and then the percentage is applied to that. So GS might deal 100 while UGS does 150.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Yeah that's why I said, its not an HP hit, you'd get hit for 500 (minus defense), but if shields worked just like that, a shield would have trouble blocking more than one attack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm