Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Shkar
Buggy Virus
Eolan
retro
Shabbalaba
alchemydesign
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
skarekrow13
kingkush420
14 posters

only readable book in archives libary

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

only readable book in archives libary - Page 3 Empty Re: only readable book in archives libary

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:02 am

Well mostly I was trying to disprove the notion of Dark Souls being entwined with the real world in any way, it's sort of a Pet Peeve of mine.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

only readable book in archives libary - Page 3 Empty Re: only readable book in archives libary

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:04 am

Tolvo wrote:Well mostly I was trying to disprove the notion of Dark Souls being entwined with the real world in any way, it's sort of a Pet Peeve of mine.

Oh, of course it isn't. My joke in the thread in the Archives "here on the forums" was just that, a joke. However, it is perhaps some kind of nod towards the author/book, or perhaps just some little thing one of the artists thought added to the atmosphere.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:05 am

Well, maybe bring it up in the Link thread in the Lore section? It deals with external sources, come to think of it, I'm behind in my research for it.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:22 am

Shkar wrote:Well, it looks like I am in the minority with my opinion, but even Skare's pictures look to me like "Playfair's British Family Antiquity Vol IX", which a quick google search led me to the wikipedia article for William Playfair and has mention of his "British Family Antiquity: Index to Volume 9" in the Works section.
    This has to be it.

I agree with others that it looks more like "Playfail"...
    But even if some letters are slightly off or are hard to read because of weird degradation, you don't make up a random book title and fake author and have it come out so similar to a real book by an author with one or zero letters that are different in their name.

What I wonder is if this extremely obscure book was chosen on purpose, or if it somehow wound up as a stock texture in some database and was picked at random because of how it looks. The latter seems more likely, but I'd love to know more about this book.
    kingkush420

Post by kingkush420 Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:52 pm

awsome job guys i just woke up to find a whole nother page on the book sweet. but if it is that close to a real book is there anything in the real book that might shed some light on what the hell that damn pendent does the only reason i started looking at the books to begin with is because i was on the thinking track of well when u want to find anything out and its before internet came out hense the game where do u go the libary so thats y i was searching in the libary when i found this book.... maby there is something in the book that can help in some way?
    kingkush420

Post by kingkush420 Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:28 pm

ok and another thing that might help by the last bonfire as u walk out to the balconey on the right the book is backwards and fliped maby it can help decipher idk just pointing it out sorry i cant take pictures or anything but i did transfer urs skare over to paint and inverted the color it kinda helps see the letters better...

thanks for the help in this guys
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:29 pm

We aim to please, and discover secrets when we notice them.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:43 pm

What Tolvo said. Get us remotely interested and well, you see what happens
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Hmm, maybe we should get more players on the forum interested. Trick them into thinking there is a hidden nude character in game?
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Well this might seen like a minor thing but the Willian Playfair's book seens to have the same kind of colour then the one is seath's library
    kingkush420

Post by kingkush420 Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:05 pm

lol yeah a gwynavere strip tease would probly get here attention rofl
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Playfair Cipher is a type of encryption. Playfair Cipher
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:27 pm

Now that's an interesting revelation, if only I didn't have company on the way!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:31 pm

I think I referenced that earlier. We would need a keyword and more to go with it. Personally I think a good first step would be to go character buy character in the mystery word and try to come to a consensus on what each one could be.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Tell them you'll have to cancel so you can do science.
    I'm not sure if Dark Souls lore work strictly counts as science, but they'll understand.

Sorry, Skare, didn't see it if you did. :silent:
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:51 pm

No need to apologize. I usually only point stuff out like that so everyone can look there first before swarming the internet
    Isirith
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Isirith Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:32 pm

This is a very VERY interesting thread.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 am

Baiulus wrote:Playfair Cipher is a type of encryption. Playfair Cipher

Doh! Why didn't I post thatvwhen I was on his wikipedia page?!

Other interesting info is he invented the pie graph and bar graph!
    kingkush420

Post by kingkush420 Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:25 am

y thank you beautiful girl this IS an interesting post lol jk
    kingkush420

Post by kingkush420 Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:26 am

ummm i hope ur a girl judging by ur pic lol sorry ignore me i have been drinking tonight rofl

lol
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:37 am

hahaha
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:43 am

As a graduate of a state university in my proud home of New York I gotta say kingkush might be onto something. Drinking for four years is directly correlated with learning, research and education. I even got a degree in two majors from it! Come on everyone....let's knock back a few and figure out this damn book already.

I did have some ice wine earlier. Probably not representative of the drinking I did in college
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:49 am

skarekrow13 wrote:As a graduate of a state university in my proud home of New York I gotta say kingkush might be onto something. Drinking for four years is directly correlated with learning, research and education. I even got a degree in two majors from it! Come on everyone....let's knock back a few and figure out this damn book already.

I did have some ice wine earlier. Probably not representative of the drinking I did in college

"My advice is to start drinking. Heavily."
    "You better listen to him, Flounder. He's in Pre-Med."
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:06 am

One of the most educational movies of all time
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:17 am

So wait isnt the cypher code word just family antiquity?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm