Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Tolvo
Gaxe
ICEFANG
DamageCK
TheYellowKnight
lextune
DarkW17
Heroez Blade
12 posters

Sneaky Tactics

Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Sneaky Tactics Empty Sneaky Tactics

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:52 am

Has anybody ever tried using the chameleon spell whenever you get invaded? I think it would be really funny to use it and follow invaders around or pop out when they get close to you. I can just imagine how some people would react if they don't see it coming. It would be a humorous way of pvp, but it would probably get old quickly. What do you guys think of this, in terms of just messing around?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Sneaky Tactics Empty Re: Sneaky Tactics

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:13 am

Lol I always think its funny when I invade a host that uses chameleon to hide....but to a well trained Darkwraith such as myself I can spot the difference a mile away silly
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:14 pm

I know where everything is. So even in the dark of the Tomb I can easily spot an out of place skull.

.....it still gets tried though, quite often.

Also the spell makes it's own unique sound, so it basically announces to invaders; "look for whatever the chameleon spell makes one into here!"
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Ya for the experienced vader its only a matter of time as lextune stated....you get to know every pot and item so you know when somethings outta place and the colour is waaaaaay diff also the sound is a dead give away!

I was gravelording sl 20 lastnight in the Depths and had a few SOV's try to sneak up on me with cham...and had a few that snuck in as slugs or whatever and sat there and watched me duel a few lol!!
    TheYellowKnight

Post by TheYellowKnight Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:56 pm

One time for fun I decided to hide in the forest using chameleon wearing nothing but a sack and see how long it would take the forest hunters/darkwraiths to find me. I hid near where the eastern armor was without killing the ents.
    Did it work? Three invaders killed themselves and one BC'ed out! I was tempted send them messages like "Pssst! I'm over here!" or something like that, but before I could someone found out where I was and chain BS'ed me to death. I was laughing like crazy when they would run right past me without knowing I was there the entire time!

Joy
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:03 pm

It's funny to use Chameleon and then pop out real quick with a "Well! What Is It!"
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Its not too effective, some places are better than others. Its better for phantoms (of any color) I feel. It doesn't hide you better, but that glow always is a eye catcher, and Camo can remove that glow.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:39 pm

I see you guys like to have some fun with this to. Even if it might be a give away to experienced players it is still funny to change up your playing style and take a break from all the head on fighting.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Ya man I agree 100% I am pretty sick of taking the game serious I am all about messing around at low sl's and having fun....if someone popped out of a chameleon and did a 'Well what is it' like damage said I would 'look skyward' and drop the dude a slab or something and BC out out just cuz he made me laugh!
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 pm

It is fun to mess around, but i am not really a low sl player. I prefer higher levels just incase i run into some hard fights. I guess i could try more low level pvping just to get some practice and possibly mess with people.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:02 pm

I was hosting pvp in the forest once and I hid around near tons of small trees and used Chameleon....around 35+ invaders just killed themselves lol. No one ever found me I ended up getting bored and popped out and backstabbed this guy then I got ganked by invaders Q.Q
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:38 pm

When I get my PVR I'm going to make a montage with what I consider good PvP and goofing around for laughs. Stuff like the Chameleon Well What Is It, or parrying and then doing the Point Up gesture instead of riposting. I think that kind of thing is funny.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Low sl is sooooo much fun and my troll slayer sl 55 build can and has beat MAX lvl players...with elemental builds you would be surprised what you can do....they only advantage is at sl 55 I can invade anyone instantly!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:01 pm

I actually accidentally killed a very low level in the burg like this once Hero. I invaded as a DM, I was trying to get matches with guilty high level players, but invaded way to low. I realize this when he hit me for around 40 damage on a hit. So I popped chameleon around a corner, and just followed him around. He was very scared the whole time, trying to find me knowing I could kill him in one hit. Eventually I got up to the Taurus area, past the flaming barrel. So I waited there, and equipped two DGM's, BK Boar Helm, Smough's rest. Then when he got up he saw the barrel and got confused, when I did the point gesture breaking out of it. He ran away, rolled instantly and just ran right off the cliff he got so scared. I didn't mean to actually kill him, but damn was it hilarious.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:42 pm

My favorite use of Chameleon is to parry people.

Someone thinks he's clever and can see through my disguise? He'll obviously attack, and I surprise him with a parry!

I love to do this when I invade in Lost Izalith, because you transform into one of the mobs (the orange fire-jabbas). Only problem is the person you invaded can't lock-on to you when you're chameleoned, so it kind of gives my disguise away... but that's better since I'm planning on parrying them anyways!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:46 pm

That's why you should always kick a pot, or as I do, dead angle the pot haha.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Yes, yes you should! But don't try kicking it with a rapier or a curved sword equipped, because I'll parry that. silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:53 pm

I always hate when I forget I have one equipped and try to kick, usually I don't get parried since most players don't parry that well, but when it does happen I just feel like a clutz.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Once, in the Depths, near the water cascade. I ended up standing around for almost twenty minutes, waiting for the Invader to cotton on where I was. big grin
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:05 pm

I think it would be a funny video challenge to see how long someone could follow a player without them noticing, while camouflaged using chameleon. It could be like an old cartoon where a person in a barrel gets closer and closer while the other person keeps searching. It could have some cheesy rinky dink music as a soundtrack.
    Spife
    Spife

Post by Spife Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:49 pm

psh why hide? Chameleon is best used out of place and it's great being hyper-obvious about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 am