Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

If only there was a way...

Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

If only there was a way... Empty If only there was a way...

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:53 am

I wish there was a way to somehow refill your magic without resting at a bonfire. It would be a lot easier when pvping. I get really tired of having to pic the right moments to use certain spells/miracles during a fight. If there was a way to refill them at the cost of humanity or souls(so it does not get out of hand) than it would take care of that problem. I would just get multiples of my fav spells but than it would take up my slots for my other spells. Any ideas or thoughts on this?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

If only there was a way... Empty Re: If only there was a way...

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:58 am

Limited castings is how spells are balanced in pvp. If you could simply refill them there is no reason to do multiple playthroughs to collect more castings. It would also mean people could get one attunement slot and just refill whenever that aspell got low, increasing the power of pyromancy.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:03 am

I do see how it ballences the spell use, but i mainly would like it for the weapon buffing spells and protective spells/miracles like great magic barrier.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:06 am

Buffs are reallygood, you can only ever have one cast of DMB for a reason. And have SLB means you cant get DMB. One buff per playthrough for a reason. Spells are balanced as they are. The protective ones are good too. You arent meant to spam them, otherwise your opponent just dodges your super attacks/dodges you till your protection wears off for longer and BSes you when you try to restock.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:26 am

i wasnt going toward spamming the good spells because i know that they are meant to be limited, but it would still be nice to somehow refill them especially if you are helping a friend with a boss or gettin g to a boss. IDK i guess thats just my opinion, i do understand why they are limited though.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:28 pm

@Heroez

Limited number of castings was a decision made based off of Demon's Souls. No getting around it, it's what From thought would be more balanced. (I don't disagree with them.) If you want more spells, go through NG+s, get multiples of your spells, and raise your Attunment. 10 slots is plenty for PvP.

And there is a way to refill them: playing in someone else's world. If you invade or get summoned, your spells will be refilled when you get back to your world. Only difference is: if you were victorious, you'll respawn in your world where you left off; if you lost, you'll respawn at the bonfire--not always convenient! So it's a risky solution, but it works.

@Dough:

You can have both DMB and multiple SLBs. On your current playthrough be DM, to use DMB, and for every prior NG you've already completed on that character you can have 1 SLB.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:56 pm

BLA1NE wrote:@Dough:

You can have both DMB and multiple SLBs. On your current playthrough be DM, to use DMB, and for every prior NG you've already completed on that character you can have 1 SLB.
    My fault for not being clear. I nmeant iin a single playthorugh you cant have both. i.e. you are limited to getting one buff per playthrough.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:02 pm

@doughguy

You can get both DMB and SLB in 1 playthrough. Just join the darkmoon and get the miracle, then kill the boss and get the 2nd miracle... The only thing is you cant use the DMB until next play.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:52 pm

^That amounts to what Dough was saying; 1 playthrough 1 Fth buff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:15 am