Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Tolvo
Noob-of-Artorias
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
Rin
cloudyeki
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Baiulus
11 posters

They should incorporate a spell to ward off gankers in the DLC.

Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

They should incorporate a spell to ward off gankers in the DLC. Empty They should incorporate a spell to ward off gankers in the DLC.

Post by Baiulus Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:48 pm

In the online system of Dark Souls, there are plenty of ways your opponents will 'cheat' to secure victory.
    With BS fishing and the multiple types of spam there are ways around it; but there is one ever-existing tactic that's hard to beat: Ganking.

Whatever tactic a player uses, it takes some immense amount of skill and/or dirty tricks to come out on top of two or three guys pounding on you. Whether host or invader, you're likely to get ganked if you invade in a lot of the more PvP-oriented areas. (Forest, Anor Londo.)
    I've seen mountains of complaints, some I've made myself, about looking for some fair PvP and getting circle-backstabbed by someone and their buddies; but there's never much you can do to stop it except hope that everyone just decides to play fair. (Ha.)

The DLC is a good chance to incorporate something to prevent ganking. I fantasize about From putting out some sort of phantom-neutralizing spells in the future. There are plenty of directions for such a thing to go in, but I was thinking about a spell that paralyzes or weakens a host's phantom friends; or maybe one that makes an invader immune to damage from anyone but the host. Such a thing would force a host into a 1v1 match.

And I haven't forgotten about hosts that get ganked in the Forest/Anor Londo. I've been double teamed by Forest Kitties and Gwyndolin's Pets enough times for me to know that invaders aren't the only ones that have it tough. For hosts about to be mutilated by two invaders, I'd suggest a spell neutralizes one of the invaders, thus bringing back to a fair 1v1 once more.

Of course, these are rough ideas I just spat out, and I realize that the chances of my ideas actually coming into effect ever are rather nonexistent; but a guy can dream, right? silly

What about you guys? Any thoughts?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

They should incorporate a spell to ward off gankers in the DLC. Empty Re: They should incorporate a spell to ward off gankers in the DLC.

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:53 pm

there was a spell in demons souls that banished red phantoms if i remember correctly, maybe a variant on that that can banish red and white ones...
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

They should incorporate a spell to ward off gankers in the DLC. Empty Re: They should incorporate a spell to ward off gankers in the DLC.

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Sounds good on paper, but then you'd end up with low level trolls invading beginner areas and banishing all the phantoms just cuz.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Maybe it could have some requirements that are still rather basic, but a standard griefer character wouldn't be able to meet with their low SL builds.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:03 pm

like that glitch when phantoms dont see each other maby add a ring, spell or cov item that has a simular effect or add a cov that bases itself on invading hosts with a phantom but only the host can kill you...

OR! a ring that would redirect the damage delt by a white or gold phantom at them or heals the invader depending on the damage, would be funny
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:06 pm

The redirection to heal idea would be hilarious...

"Yes, hit me! Hit me, you Fools!" lol
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:09 pm

yeh XD at 10 hp getting bs by the phantom to full would be awesome!
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Thats basically saying that you want FROM to let other players control how people play the game...... This is not fair in any way and should not be allowed.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:17 pm

By golly, you're right...
    I shouldn't be asking them to put a dent in ganking because its dishonorable and obnoxious..
    I should be asking them because it makes me use cheap tactics to try and fight against, ergo dictating how I play!

Thanks, spirit. silly
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Hahaha! Yes comming from a ganger , that is not even bothered by hes noobie play stylye! Look you little incompident ****, unlike you i do not gang, i do not find it fun to chase after a player with some **** by my side, knowing that as long as there is one invador you will win. I unlike you fight solo if i invade a host fighting i wait, if i see a phantom getting ganged on i help him as long as its a fair fight to everyone and just because a ring that prevents gangers would be an inconvenience to you GANGER dosent mean it limits or controls **** oh and you speak of 'fair' you are *** joking since when did ganging become *** fair. So *** you very much https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t8886-chasing-satisfaction

Last edited by Rin on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Sssssh.
    Rin, calm yourself, I saw his thread too.
    Such open displays of hatred aren't going to change anything about his kind.

All we can do is mildly make fun of him with pointed remarks, and then hope they come out with some anti-ganking ware in the DLC to stick it to him. lol
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:42 pm

-breaths deeply- ... :pale: ... -breaths deeply-
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Perhaps a spell that actually caused the white phantom to be vunerable to attacks from the host? You could ruin quite a few friendships that way lol

BTW Baiulus, your avatar is amazing, never change it. 8)
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Wasn't planning on it. 8)
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:34 pm

QUICK, everyone switch to ed, edd, & eddy avatars!!!

go go go Point Forward
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:38 pm

A vat of grease, you just pour it all over yourself and as those three burly men grip their short swords trying to ram them into you from behind for some quick and easy satisfaction, you just constantly slip around. You're like a slug with wings, gliding about the forest floor tracking mud everywhere as each hit sends you splurting away to where you can crystal out.

I'd use it, and I love fighting gankers. It just sounds fun.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Um....... Tolvo for the win.

Eki, is plank ok?
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Yes, plank is fine.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 pm

SWEET!
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 pm

cloudyeki wrote:QUICK, everyone switch to ed, edd, & eddy avatars!!!

go go go They should incorporate a spell to ward off gankers in the DLC. 1447589260
    Does this count? lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:46 pm

I honestly don't remember that episode. I hope they got to enjoy a jawbreaker or two before he arrived
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:47 pm

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/298991-ed-edd-n-eddy

I really wish I could use that as my avatar. Too effin hilarious >_>
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:48 pm

I refuse.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Rated "M" for "mature"
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Awww, and my bet was that tolvo would be the son of a shepard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am