Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Share
    avatar
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 138
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Location : Gwynevere's bedroom

    Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by ithunktwice on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:12 pm

    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1239867758964796 Here's my new toon for the Darkstalkers. It seems pretty viable to me, but any suggestions are welcome. I was thinking about invading blighttown/demon ruins with it, being chaos/fire themed. Would I have any trouble getting invasions at sl 55 in blighttown?


    _________________
    We are the Brotherhood of the Blade. The secret protectors of Astoran Honour.
    avatar
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 222
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-06-28
    Location : UK

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by zzombieboy on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:19 pm

    55 is a little high for Blighttown I think. You would probably end up invading the higher levels on their NG+'s. Most people will end up at Blighttown around 35ish. Lower your Vit and use RoFaP instead of Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Crown of Dusk + Power Within + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring is absolute overkill for lower levels players anyway, so losing one or two of them wouldn't hurt your build happy

    Try something like this

    Edit: Demon Ruins would be absolutely fine at Level 55 though. You could even go higher.


    _________________
    YOLO, eh? Not in Lordran!
    :blue-orb: :bas:
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by Carphil on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:26 pm

    zzombieboy wrote:
    Try something like this

    Edit: Demon Ruins would be absolutely fine at Level 55 though. You could even go higher.

    Nice build there! this is my poise version happy


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 138
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Location : Gwynevere's bedroom

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by ithunktwice on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:27 pm

    zzombieboy wrote:55 is a little high for Blighttown I think. You would probably end up invading the higher levels on their NG+'s. Most people will end up at Blighttown around 35ish. Lower your Vit and use RoFaP instead of Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Crown of Dusk + Power Within + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring is absolute overkill for lower levels players anyway, so losing one or two of them wouldn't hurt your build happy

    Try something like this

    Edit: Demon Ruins would be absolutely fine at Level 55 though. You could even go higher.
    That build looks solid, though it would be kinda hard to get all the way through up to lost izalith so I'd probably have to drop fire tempest and pick up GFB instead. Normally I'd bring his sl up to 80 or so, but this build is for the darkstalkers and the cap is 55.


    _________________
    We are the Brotherhood of the Blade. The secret protectors of Astoran Honour.
    avatar
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 138
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Location : Gwynevere's bedroom

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by ithunktwice on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:30 pm

    Carphil thanks, but I prefer for this char to have little to no poise, just for aesthetics.


    _________________
    We are the Brotherhood of the Blade. The secret protectors of Astoran Honour.
    avatar
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 222
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-06-28
    Location : UK

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by zzombieboy on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:32 pm

    ithunktwice wrote:
    zzombieboy wrote:55 is a little high for Blighttown I think. You would probably end up invading the higher levels on their NG+'s. Most people will end up at Blighttown around 35ish. Lower your Vit and use RoFaP instead of Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Crown of Dusk + Power Within + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring is absolute overkill for lower levels players anyway, so losing one or two of them wouldn't hurt your build happy

    Try something like this

    Edit: Demon Ruins would be absolutely fine at Level 55 though. You could even go higher.
    That build looks solid, though it would be kinda hard to get all the way through up to lost izalith so I'd probably have to drop fire tempest and pick up GFB instead. Normally I'd bring his sl up to 80 or so, but this build is for the darkstalkers and the cap is 55.

    Thanks Carphil happy

    You can get fire Tempest from Blighttown. Just Kill Quelaana after you buy the spells you need and she drops it silly

    I see, I wasn't aware of the Darkstalker level cap. 55 would be perfect for Demon Ruins, CATACOMBS, Anor Londo and you would probably get away with Sens Fortress as well happy


    _________________
    YOLO, eh? Not in Lordran!
    :blue-orb: :bas:
    avatar
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 138
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Location : Gwynevere's bedroom

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by ithunktwice on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:36 pm

    zzombieboy wrote: You can get fire Tempest from Blighttown. Just Kill Quelaana after you buy the spells you need and she drops it silly

    I see, I wasn't aware of the Darkstalker level cap. 55 would be perfect for Demon Ruins, CATACOMBS, Anor Londo and you would probably get away with Sens Fortress as well happy
    Oh, I had no idea about that... Thanks! cheers


    _________________
    We are the Brotherhood of the Blade. The secret protectors of Astoran Honour.
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by billy_bayonet on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:54 pm

    When did you join the Darkstalkers? or are you planning to ?


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 138
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Location : Gwynevere's bedroom

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by ithunktwice on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 pm

    billy_bayonet wrote:When did you join the Darkstalkers? or are you planning to ?
    I kinda did. I talked about it on the thread but never committed because I didn't want to make a sl 55 build for it, but I finally gave in. Sorry for any confusion. PS, I've been at camp all week, hence the late reply.


    _________________
    We are the Brotherhood of the Blade. The secret protectors of Astoran Honour.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by RANT on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:17 pm

    too many spells, imo you dont need great fireball and PW, like zzombie said it is overkill, you'll probably kill most people with one or two GC anyway. you can always put those points in dex for faster casting or end for more stamina. something like this http://tinyurl.com/bwr65o8


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by reim0027 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:37 pm

    That build will get your arse BSed. Your pyro casts will be slow, and if there is a host and phantom, you'll have to be creative when and how you use those spells.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 138
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Location : Gwynevere's bedroom

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by ithunktwice on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:03 am

    It's actually been incredibly successful, haven't had any problems with being bsed or slow cast times. A round-the-corner fire tempest or GC usually solves any problem I might have with any given host.


    _________________
    We are the Brotherhood of the Blade. The secret protectors of Astoran Honour.
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by reim0027 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:53 am

    I was more referring to the Chaos Fireball. Much easier to BS unless you are timing it well.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 138
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-05-22
    Location : Gwynevere's bedroom

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by ithunktwice on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:17 am

    I usually just spin a whole bunch and either aim it last second or throw it behind me to get the bser, but I know what you mean. Most of the times I've been bsed was while casting gcb or gfb


    _________________
    We are the Brotherhood of the Blade. The secret protectors of Astoran Honour.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:41 am