Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
zzombieboy
ithunktwice
6 posters

Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro Empty Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

Post by ithunktwice Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:12 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1239867758964796 Here's my new toon for the Darkstalkers. It seems pretty viable to me, but any suggestions are welcome. I was thinking about invading blighttown/demon ruins with it, being chaos/fire themed. Would I have any trouble getting invasions at sl 55 in blighttown?
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro Empty Re: Darkstalker build/ low sl pyro

Post by zzombieboy Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:19 pm

55 is a little high for Blighttown I think. You would probably end up invading the higher levels on their NG+'s. Most people will end up at Blighttown around 35ish. Lower your Vit and use RoFaP instead of Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Crown of Dusk + Power Within + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring is absolute overkill for lower levels players anyway, so losing one or two of them wouldn't hurt your build happy

Try something like this

Edit: Demon Ruins would be absolutely fine at Level 55 though. You could even go higher.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:26 pm

zzombieboy wrote:
    Try something like this

Edit: Demon Ruins would be absolutely fine at Level 55 though. You could even go higher.

Nice build there! this is my poise version happy
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:27 pm

zzombieboy wrote:55 is a little high for Blighttown I think. You would probably end up invading the higher levels on their NG+'s. Most people will end up at Blighttown around 35ish. Lower your Vit and use RoFaP instead of Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Crown of Dusk + Power Within + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring is absolute overkill for lower levels players anyway, so losing one or two of them wouldn't hurt your build happy

Try something like this

That build looks solid, though it would be kinda hard to get all the way through up to lost izalith so I'd probably have to drop fire tempest and pick up GFB instead. Normally I'd bring his sl up to 80 or so, but this build is for the darkstalkers and the cap is 55.
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Carphil thanks, but I prefer for this char to have little to no poise, just for aesthetics.
    zzombieboy
    zzombieboy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by zzombieboy Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:32 pm

ithunktwice wrote:
    zzombieboy wrote:55 is a little high for Blighttown I think. You would probably end up invading the higher levels on their NG+'s. Most people will end up at Blighttown around 35ish. Lower your Vit and use RoFaP instead of Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Crown of Dusk + Power Within + Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring is absolute overkill for lower levels players anyway, so losing one or two of them wouldn't hurt your build happy

Try something like this

That build looks solid, though it would be kinda hard to get all the way through up to lost izalith so I'd probably have to drop fire tempest and pick up GFB instead. Normally I'd bring his sl up to 80 or so, but this build is for the darkstalkers and the cap is 55.

Thanks Carphil happy

You can get fire Tempest from Blighttown. Just Kill Quelaana after you buy the spells you need and she drops it silly

I see, I wasn't aware of the Darkstalker level cap. 55 would be perfect for Demon Ruins, CATACOMBS, Anor Londo and you would probably get away with Sens Fortress as well happy
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:36 pm

zzombieboy wrote: You can get fire Tempest from Blighttown. Just Kill Quelaana after you buy the spells you need and she drops it silly

I see, I wasn't aware of the Darkstalker level cap. 55 would be perfect for Demon Ruins, CATACOMBS, Anor Londo and you would probably get away with Sens Fortress as well happy
    Oh, I had no idea about that... Thanks! cheers
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:54 pm

When did you join the Darkstalkers? or are you planning to ?
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:When did you join the Darkstalkers? or are you planning to ?
    I kinda did. I talked about it on the thread but never committed because I didn't want to make a sl 55 build for it, but I finally gave in. Sorry for any confusion. PS, I've been at camp all week, hence the late reply.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:17 pm

too many spells, imo you dont need great fireball and PW, like zzombie said it is overkill, you'll probably kill most people with one or two GC anyway. you can always put those points in dex for faster casting or end for more stamina. something like this http://tinyurl.com/bwr65o8
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:37 pm

That build will get your arse BSed. Your pyro casts will be slow, and if there is a host and phantom, you'll have to be creative when and how you use those spells.
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:03 am

It's actually been incredibly successful, haven't had any problems with being bsed or slow cast times. A round-the-corner fire tempest or GC usually solves any problem I might have with any given host.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:53 am

I was more referring to the Chaos Fireball. Much easier to BS unless you are timing it well.
    ithunktwice
    ithunktwice
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ithunktwice Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:17 am

I usually just spin a whole bunch and either aim it last second or throw it behind me to get the bser, but I know what you mean. Most of the times I've been bsed was while casting gcb or gfb

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:03 am