Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Liff Daddy
Whknight
Yarxov
Carphil
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Serious_Much
bloodpixel
stryks1
12 posters

wrath of gods

stryks1
    stryks1
    Casual
    Casual

wrath of gods Empty wrath of gods

Post by stryks1 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:20 pm

I heard there was a VERY easy way to get this miracle, early game. I've search youtube and after 30 minutes of searching, fail to see how it'd be easy or even remotely early game-accessible. Am i missing something here?
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

wrath of gods Empty Re: wrath of gods

Post by bloodpixel Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:23 pm

The only way I know of is to save Reah.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:24 pm

You have to ring first bell, then defeat pinwheel. Then go to the Tomb of the Giants and rescue Reah, then homeward bone out of tomb of the giants and buy it from her in Parish, thats the quickest possible way of getting it.

You have to buy it from her, you can get it from her early, but it means you have to go into tomb of the giants early game, which is not advisable really..

your call
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:28 pm

peoples definition of early game varies, frankly you have to have beaten or at least entered the depths to get reah to show up. then you'll have to exhaust her dialogue untill she leaves firelink, then go clear the catacombs and enter tomb of the giants, you're gonna need light as discussed in another thread, it is possible to dodge the big skellies and hit the first bonfire. from there you talk to an npc nearby named patches, he kicks you down a hole. you find reah at the bottom of said hole held at bay by her now hollowed knights whom you'll have to kill, once thats done speak to her again and she'll show up at the undead parish altar when you get back, note exporing other area's before talknig to her in the parish can cause her to be murdered and therfore unable to sell you WoG. you'l need 28 faith to cast it anyway so no reason not to wait or join the sunbro's for an offense miracle.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:32 pm

also i wish there was a miracle that cured all status effects and healed you too, and another attack miracle of some sort like the mist move pricilla uses, that actually damages people!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Ill add to what i said earlier, it is completely not worth it early game, dunno why you wanna get it since you can get lightning spear which is perfect early game anyway, and i find WoG is more useful PvP than it is PvE..
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:45 pm

You guys think: Miracle: defense , Sorceries: offense. Not true, you can't use a miracle to cure your poison, toxic or bleed effects, however there is the remedy spell. You can't cure curse with a miracle, however there is the resist curse spell. You can't repair your equipment with a miracle, but there is the Repair spell.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Carphil wrote:You guys think: Miracle: defense , Sorceries: offense. Not true, you can't use a miracle to cure your poison, toxic or bleed effects, however there is the remedy spell. You can't cure curse with a miracle, however there is the resist curse spell. You can't repair your equipment with a miracle, but there is the Repair spell.

each has a different type of utility, and both have spells for different things but lets be fair what has the more powerful offensive spells? silly

though i like the attacking spells of miracles, lightning spears are deadly in PvE and the weapon buffs are crazy
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:40 pm

This thread makes me sad sad Why does everyone have a desperate need for WotG?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Yarxov wrote:This thread makes me sad sad Why does everyone have a desperate need for WotG?

I don't like i said i find it close to useless in PvE.. I mean i use magic so i dont have to get close to enemies and WoG well, kinda defeats the point of that.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Yarxov wrote:This thread makes me sad sad Why does everyone have a desperate need for WotG?

I'd say because it's slightly overpowered. Generally if you don't dodge it (maybe MB or GMB?) 2-3 castings and you're most likely dead.

Honestly I feel getting WoG early in the game is misleading. At best midgame, probably before going into Sens? I just don't see the bulk of people making it down there right away and even then they probably won't have the requirements for it.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:56 pm

I know all too well how OP it is, but what propels people to rely on OPness to get by?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Certain people, for reasons unknown, only want to win and will do anything and everything in their power to do so. It's also a good deterent if you catch a fast mover offguard. Nothing says hi like losing a third or so of your hp.

I myself will use it under certain conditions and I carry two slots of it and may do a third.
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Got annihilated by CMW on a Washing Pole and WoG in Dark Anor Londo earlier. I don't remember WoG having that range. I've only been paired with two people who have used WoG and with the first encounter it seemed that WoG had crap range and I had no issue with it. But today's encounter I felt as though I was 100 feet away from it and it'd still take 1/5 of my health.

I'm baffled.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 pm

I got backstabbed, then the guy WotG spammed when I was getting back up 😢
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Maybe it was lag? Rough guess it's range is 3/4 of the range of washing poles R2 lunge.
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:49 am

Whknight wrote:
    I myself will use it under certain conditions and I carry two slots of it and may do a third.

9/10th's of the Dark Souls pvp crowd. wrath of gods 3596227959
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:53 am

It's mostly when I'm camping griefers, fight me without being a prick and you'll never see it. I'm that 1/10th of the crowd because I hardly ever PvP.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 am

it is interesting. Without the Master Key, the ToGs is one of the few accessable places for the veterans of skill in game. Particularly for thsoe who jsut started a new character, and not brought form NG+. I have went to the ToG three times with new characters from the start. Challenging, but satisfying.

My advice? Join the Gravelords to get the sword. Your luck in the Tombs will be much so.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 am

i punish with it. i dont rely on it for damage, but if you're open i'll tag you with it for sure. its a tool like any other, its just a perticularly powerful tool so its often abused by spammers and griefers. if its used properly ,imo, its a great deterrent and punishment. now if you got caught in a narrow corridor or on a ledge.... that can get really sketchy. still lots of things are like that, good turtles in those same places for example. or a hornet ring, rolfap, estoc dude in the open.
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:12 am

Forum Pirate wrote:i punish with it. i dont rely on it for damage, but if you're open i'll tag you with it for sure. its a tool like any other, its just a perticularly powerful tool so its often abused by spammers and griefers. if its used properly ,imo, its a great deterrent and punishment. now if you got caught in a narrow corridor or on a ledge.... that can get really sketchy. still lots of things are like that, good turtles in those same places for example. or a hornet ring, rolfap, estoc dude in the open.

+1

I see nothing wrong with using it for it's legitimate use, as in not spamming/relying on it, if you do either of those you are simply exploiting a powerful technique, in many respects similar to those who spam fire surge, combustion, or backstabs, all of which are generally frowned upon if used in such a manner, yet when used correctly they are just fine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm