Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
ViralEnsign_
Rin
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
bloodpixel
FruitPunchNinja
RandelOolacile
swordiris
Azran
reim0027
Bloodios
Carphil
cloudyeki
ublug
IceIfrit666
WyrmHero
ICEFANG
20 posters

What is the worst ring?

Poll

What, in your opinion, is the worst ring? Please read OP first.

[ 19 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap39%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [39%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 3 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 5 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 9 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 2 ]
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%What is the worst ring? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 

Total Votes: 49
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What is the worst ring? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the worst ring?

Post by Rin Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:26 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:You must play on 360 ice fang, because the synergy rings basically dont exist on ps3.

not true i see them rather often, its still a bit hard to come by them but they do appear on ps3
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:33 pm

oh and every ring has its use and none are useless...
    i have been saved a cople dozen of times by the blue ts and Tiny Being's Ring when i 1st started playing drs, same with ring of the evil eye its good for a low hp trying to go through a level without reseting monsters and i use hawk's on my archer build...
    you all see these rings as useless as most of us hear know almost everything about drs but for new players these rings can be realu usefull...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:34 pm

I have played dark souls since launch, and have never once seen a synergy ring besides the ones that are set in the catacombs. Maybe they do appear rarely, but they might as well be non existent.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:38 pm

I use the hawk eye ring all the time, none of gwyns knights rings are bad. I would go as far as saying all four are up there as being some of the best rings in the game. Leo and Hawk are usually underrated, they both are very useful and viable in pvp.

I agree every ring has at least some use, but tiny beings ring and ring of the evil eye are probably the least useful. Oh, also whos going to drain new londo and make it through all those ghosts low lvl just to get the ring of evil eye. So they can gain 30hp per kill, lol. I think its tied with tiny beings ring as the worst.

Edit:my bad confused evil eye ring with cursebite ring, actually cursebite is up there as being the most useless.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:44 pm

nope, when you fight seath it's amazingly usefull as most noobies get killed by the curse build up more then by seath himself
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Cursebite is so danm useful for newbies to fight Seath! Don't forget about that!
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:50 pm

yeh i kinda said that already winking
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Well, they would have needed to find it by draining new londo. Also armor and humanity is far more viable when it comes to curse resistance. Yes, noobs might not know this but going on those assumptions they wouldnt find the cursebite ring either. Plus a ring that only helps noobs for one boss fight is pretty useless, especially when its not even needed.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Rin wrote:yeh i kinda said that already winking

And darn! Ninja'd silly

Also fruit, you actually don't have to drain New Londo, is in the church, just have to fight a lot of ghosts.

I personally always equip when going down the Great hollow, and sometimes when fighting Seath if I'm out of humanity.

I say its much more useful than Dusk crown, tiny ring and some others. Just my opinion winking

I noticed that Dusk Crown may be the key for entering the new DLC area
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Im a Ring of the Evil Eye disliker.... I just cant understand how it could be useful beyond low level PvE.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:01 pm

The Evil Eye is cool for farming humanity in ToG, it keeps your HP up without needing for Replenishment, estus or something else that waste time
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:02 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Well, they would have needed to find it by draining new londo. Also armor and humanity is far more viable when it comes to curse resistance. Yes, noobs might not know this but going on those assumptions they wouldnt find the cursebite ring either. Plus a ring that only helps noobs for one boss fight is pretty useless, especially when its not even needed.
    The ring is actually very useful against the bug-eyed freaks. Who knows how many times I died because of those things (I was still at a single digit SL then.)

Regarding the Ring Of The Evil Eye, I found it to be extremely useful when trying to farm Humanity from Skeleton Babies. Got 99 Humanities after spending 3 hours straight, mindlessly hacking away at the little buggers. Even then, I still have a full bar of health.

Now that I mention the ring though, wasn't there some kind of monsters with a whole lot of eyes in the lastest trailer of Dark Souls, too? The one that shaped like a huge hand with countless eyes that grabbed the Oscar-lookalike.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Yea its all opinion, but its fact that you can easily get the same curse resist from easily found armor as you can from the cursebite ring. In some cases you get a lot more. Actually this just made me think of something, if you use transient curse does it make it so you can not be cursed?? I need to test this!

http://tinyurl.com/c3oesxw
    http://tinyurl.com/clbqged
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:22 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Im a Ring of the Evil Eye disliker.... I just cant understand how it could be useful beyond low level PvE.
    It also was a bit more useful before the patch, because of the neverending spawning of mosquitoes in blighttown. They could be killed one by one to counteract the poison, killing them could also be used to refill hp fully.

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Actually this just made me think of something, if you use transient curse does it make it so you can not be cursed?? I need to test this!
    I have tested it long ago, but sadly it did nothing, don't think it affected build-up either. It should at least have prevented the curse status after it killed you (as happens to phantoms). Kind of like buffing your sword with charcoal pine resin should realistically have provided a lightsource in the ToG.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:36 pm

tiny beings without need for debate. 5% HP? Completely pointless seeing as we have MoM and Ring of favour.

It's just in the game as a blatant noob trap of a gift.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:21 pm

I really like Ring of Evil Eye, I have no illusions that its amazing though. It was my first real ring (I felt that, even then, with no other rings, wearing Blue Tearstone ring was worthless), so I have a special place for it. Heck I fell down in the curse frogs, I was running and scared and fell right in, and as soon as I heard that CROAK! I knew exactly where I was. Now this was 1.03, humanity was less common and I had none, and they also can curse you 3 times. It was like a horror scene. I would run, see some, change direction and then see more down below (running at the humanity). When I got to the humanity, I fell, and was about to bone out when I saw this object and wanted it badly (then I had to rummage through my bottomless butt to get the damn bone, as 2 of them were cornering me). One of my best Dark Souls experiences to be sure, taught me, slow and steady, keep your heady.

I feel the ring is actually not bad (of course, in my opinion), its a solid way for a phantom to heal that has no other options (remember, humanity was a lot less common if you didn't know you could farm it in 1.03, it was valuable!), and I thought, but never tested, if you were invading, you could run through enemies and heal as the host killed them. That would be cool. Too bad it doesn't heal a percent, like 4% or something, it could get better and better (just a random %).
    ScaryPirateDude
    ScaryPirateDude
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ScaryPirateDude Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Ring of the evil eye I despise. It doesn't do enough to be any real help. That's, of course, my humble opinion.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Carphil wrote:The Evil Eye is cool for farming humanity in ToG, it keeps your HP up without needing for Replenishment, estus or something else that waste time

But to get any HP you need to kill an enemy and they sure hit a lot harder than the HP regen
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Bloodios wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:You must play on 360 ice fang, because the synergy rings basically dont exist on ps3.
    Not true, I've seen the synergy circles every now and then in the Tomb of Giants (I just never cared enough to put the ring on though, since I'm strength/dex build.)
    Im playing on PS3 and never ever saw one of those and when I was at my friends place, playing some Dark Souls on Xbox, I saw those circlets and didnt even know what they where lol....
    But now I finally know.

So yeah - they are inexistent on PS3
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:36 pm

TonyDamajer wrote:So yeah - they are inexistent on PS3
    You're just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I saw those rings both in The Catacomb and Tomb of The Giants, therefore I know they exist. They also appear in the Darkroot Garden, where all the Forest Hunters NPC are.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Theres two that always appear in the catacombs, they were put there by the devs. You aren't going to convince any of us that they are on ps3 though, we have had this conversation quite a few times. Pretty much everyone who uses this forum and has a ps3 confirms that they NEVER see them. I have done thousands of hrs of pvp on ps3 and have never seen them anywhere besides the catacombs(the dev implemented ones)
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Bloodios wrote:
    Not true, I've seen the synergy circles every now and then in the Tomb of Giants (I just never cared enough to put the ring on though, since I'm strength/dex build.)
    If you're thinking of the two in the Catacombs, those are built into the game and not created by other players:
    What is the worst ring? - Page 2 XGPgh

If you are indeed seeing them elsewhere, that would be interesting because I've never seen them with many hours on PS3. Resonance signs created by other players is understood to not really work on PS3, but works fine on 360.

Wearing the Ring of the Sun Princess treats the player as if a permanent resonance sign is nearby - think of the RotSP as simply wearing one of those white resonance signs. Getting a boost without wearing the ring from a resonance sign is the exact same thing as wearing the RotSP with no resonance sign nearby. If you wear the ring next to a resonance sign, then the effect stacks (roughly doubling the amount of the boost for most miracles).

From my research:
    • Heal: ~8.3% more health restored w/ boost. ~16.6% w/ double boost.
    • Replenishment: 20% faster/ more health w/ boost, 40% w/ double boost.
    • Force: Range is increased by ~2-3 feet.
    • Wrath of the Gods: No range increase. ~4.5% more damage w/ boost, ~9% more damage w/ double boost.
    • Emit Force: ~5% more damage w/ boost, ~10% more damage w/ double boost.
    • Bountiful Sunlight: Same improvements as Replenishment.
    • Great Heal Excerpt: ~1.6% more health restored w/ boost, ~6.3% w/ double boost.
    • Great Heal: ~3.1% more health restored w/ boost, ~6.3% w/ double boost.

(doesn't do anything for any other miracles, asides from Soothing Sunlight)

So you can still get some use out of the ring, even on PS3 - you're just never going to get the double boost outside of that one spot in the Catacombs.

Last edited by retro on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:29 pm

That explains why I always see those two at the exact same place in Catacomb in every single one of my playthroughs but not the others. Admittedly, they rarely appears but I do spot them once in a while and the most recent one was in Darkroot Garden two months ago. So yes, perhaps for the PS3 community, it is a rare phenomenon, maybe even as rare as the infamous vagrants, but it is absolutely not nonexistent. Aside from that, yes, I do agree that the ring does little to help, especially for someone who favors strength/dex builds like me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 am