How do you deal with the bkga

reim0027

Re: How do you deal with the bkga

Post by reim0027 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:I fought a BKGA last night. I failed at parrying (still need a lot of practice). I kept at it until I was one hit from losing. Then, I did some well-timed roll R1 and roll BS under his 1H swing. I won. Point is to keep your distance, not get stunlocked, roll through or under their 1H swing and hit them.

You are kidding me right? You parried me in one try like no one I have ever encountered and that weapon is the one I have parried most by far in pvp, unless it was being double wielded was it?
    I parried you because you did roll R1 too often. happy

But, for some reason, I have problems parrying a BKGA. Even last night, when I met up with king in btown. We practiced fighting against BKGA (both of us had them).

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Twas fun last night! You seem to have the roll r1 parry down pat cause you got me with it right away. Btw, I forgot to tell you this last night, but the lone forward r2 I hit you with registered over 1k damage:) I would rarely use it in a real fight(too easily punished) but man when it hits it is a crusher!

PSN: kingphisher2 and Once-Ler_

I will respect Rex

I will not misuse Rex Kwon Do

I will be a champion of justice and freedom
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:25 pm

1K? That's messed up. I knew it hit me hard, but dayum!

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:50 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:I fought a BKGA last night. I failed at parrying (still need a lot of practice). I kept at it until I was one hit from losing. Then, I did some well-timed roll R1 and roll BS under his 1H swing. I won. Point is to keep your distance, not get stunlocked, roll through or under their 1H swing and hit them.

You are kidding me right? You parried me in one try like no one I have ever encountered and that weapon is the one I have parried most by far in pvp, unless it was being double wielded was it?

But, for some reason, I have problems parrying a BKGA. Even last night, when I met up with king in btown. We practiced fighting against BKGA (both of us had them).

Ahh good to know, next time we do parry practice bring the bkga then, soooo easy with parry knife....

FC for life!!!
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 pm

You need to help me with the timing then. Can't get it sorted out.

The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:

Ahh good to know, next time we do parry practice bring the bkga then, soooo easy with parry knife....

So is there a trick to using the parry dagger? It has such a strange moveset and seems slow for parrying. I pulled it out for a bit the other night but could not hit anything with it. Also, anyone know which is better for a light lh parry item (.5lb) between dark hand vs. small leather shield vs. parry dagger? I have exactly .5 left on my sl120 elemental build and want to plop one in second Lh slot (or lone lh slot depending on my rh choices). Thx.

I will respect Rex

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:31 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:
    Yesuurd wrote:

So is there a trick to using the parry dagger? It has such a strange moveset and seems slow for parrying. I pulled it out for a bit the other night but could not hit anything with it. Also, anyone know which is better for a light lh parry item (.5lb) between dark hand vs. small leather shield vs. parry dagger? I have exactly .5 left on my sl120 elemental build and want to plop one in second Lh slot (or lone lh slot depending on my rh choices). Thx.

i would use the target shield, block the parry, it has almost the same parry window as the dagger. or you could parry the first time they attck you if youre fast enough.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:42 pm

If they are a low poise user of the BKGA, Falchion. Two-three hits and they are now stun locked until I'm out of stamina, usually in between swings is enough time to do this given the speed of the Axe.
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Tolvo wrote:If they are a low poise user of the BKGA, Falchion. Two-three hits and they are now stun locked until I'm out of stamina, usually in between swings is enough time to do this given the speed of the Axe.

Toggle left or right hand weapon switch (while in stunlock) and you are out of stunlock after 2 hits. It's an old DS trick:D

Also, would love to use the target shield, but it is too heavy. I only have .5 available so I think my choices are parry dagger, dark hand, or small leather shield:(

I will respect Rex

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:If they are a low poise user of the BKGA, Falchion. Two-three hits and they are now stun locked until I'm out of stamina, usually in between swings is enough time to do this given the speed of the Axe.

Toggle left or right hand weapon switch (while in stunlock) and you are out of stunlock after 2 hits. It's an old DS trick:D

Also, would love to use the target shield, but it is too heavy. I only have .5 available so I think my choices are parry dagger, dark hand, or small leather shield:(

dark hand maybe?, it has the same parry window as heater shield.

edit; id go with small leather shield.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:05 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    The Once-Ler wrote:

dark hand maybe?, it has the same parry window as heater shield.

edit; id go with small leather shield.

That's the way I am leaning atm. Thx.

I will respect Rex

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:14 pm

That's the way I am leaning atm. Thx.[/quote]

i actually only had 1 to spare and just made a leather shield myself. i was using dark hand which i really like for the cool factor.

The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:46 pm

RantFromRant wrote:That's the way I am leaning atm. Thx.

i actually only had 1 to spare and just made a leather shield myself. i was using dark hand which i really like for the cool factor.[/quote]

I actually made a new build and adjusted stats so I could use the bucker. The parry motion is much better and I thought it was worth having.

I will respect Rex

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Try the Target Shield. Slightly better stats, and has the same parry window (I think).

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:25 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:That's the way I am leaning atm. Thx.

i actually only had 1 to spare and just made a leather shield myself. i was using dark hand which i really like for the cool factor.

I actually made a new build and adjusted stats so I could use the bucker. The parry motion is much better and I thought it was worth having.[/quote]

target is deff better, it has that special parrry move and its just as good as the parrrying knife.

Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Chumgeyser on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:04 pm

How does the BKGA stack up against the Large Club or the Demon's Great Hammer?

The Large Club looks especially nice for PvP. It is just as good a Poise breaker as the BKGA, it weighs less, it has a Poison effect, and it has a pure Strength A scaling.

I don't have a Large Club yet. So I don't know what the move set is like. The Undead Barbarians keep kicking my *** so I've been pulling them with a bow and waiting for them to fall off the platforms lol
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:08 pm

The poison effect of the large club isn't very viable for PvP, IMO. I can't recall ever being poisoned by the large club (unless I got BS or parried). The BKGA is fast for it's damage, the swings stunlock, and use little stamina - you can swing several times 1H before you drain it.

Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Chumgeyser on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:16 pm

reim0027 wrote:The poison effect of the large club isn't very viable for PvP, IMO. I can't recall ever being poisoned by the large club (unless I got BS or parried). The BKGA is fast for it's damage, the swings stunlock, and use little stamina - you can swing several times 1H before you drain it.

So the Large Club is slower?
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Good question, I don't know for sure. I think so.

Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Chumgeyser on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:23 pm

reim0027 wrote:Good question, I don't know for sure. I think so.

lol I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to start killing the Undead Barbarians.

So... weapon speed has nothing to do with weight? I thought they were tied together somehow.

JoocyJ003
    Casual
    Casual

Post by JoocyJ003 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Im pretty sure weight does correlate with weapon speed. If u compare a ricards rapier to an estoc, the ricards is noticabely faster and 1lb lighter. Same with the claymore vs the man serp g sword..

As far as dealing with the BKGA. I agreee with the person who said to use a demon spear at range. It will work really well, u can basically just poke them. If u get too close, roll away. Ive been using a rapier the same way. Its smaller, less cheap, and a little more satisfying to own a greatsword user.
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:13 am

The large club has pretty similar move-set to the Great club. Slow-swinging.

exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:28 am

JoocyJ003 wrote:

As far as dealing with the BKGA. I agreee with the person who said to use a demon spear at range. It will work really well, u can basically just poke them. If u get too close, roll away. Ive been using a rapier the same way. Its smaller, less cheap, and a little more satisfying to own a greatsword user.

as an occasional BKGA user i can confirm that this is both an effective and irritating method. it's SOOO unsatisfying to get poked to death by a spear
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:39 am

oh, oops. winking

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:42 am

Ew, i got a couple of them.

A few kicks back towards certain areas usually helps. For example, Sen's traps are a good place to kick your enemies towards.

Smacking them with my sword or hammer, that's fun. I usually sprinkle some sunlight to brighten their day, or burn them with fire to crisp them aside. Or, if I feel like it, put some poison to see if I kill them before I poison them. Usually, I kill them before the poison takes effect.

A good parry and then a riposte helps a good chunk. If i see them just spamming over and over, I usually just stand back, and either hurl a bolt or swing my hammer down. Usually though, I am not using it as much any more... waiting for the right times now, as my Man-Eater Sword is doing a good amount of work in speed, although the damage is remove from quality with quantity now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:04 pm