PvP help needed

my_pokemans

PvP help needed

Post by my_pokemans on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:22 pm

I pretty much suck *** at PvP i always die i win like 1/20 times and usually when i win the guy just accidentally rolled of the map i dont know why i cant win. I have 54 vitality, 55 endurance, 55 dex, and around 16 strength everything else is at the base, i use lifehunt scythe+5 and the gold hemmed stuff, any ideas why i always lose? btw im not new to the game i've beaten it 3 times.
    reim0027

Re: PvP help needed

Post by reim0027 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:30 pm

First off, your stats aren't optmimized. Second, PvP is waaaaay different than PvE. You need practice. Get a 120 SL build and join the Fight Club. We'll give you some friendly practice. Check out this link for good stat investments.

http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t6695-stat-number-breakpoints

And, welcome to the forums!

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:17 am

If you play xbox I will take you under my dragon wing and teach you in a safer environment, SL 120 is a good place to play, I prefer a little lower because I find it to be busier overall (SL 80 is my favorite).

See my youtube channel, with Dark Souls Prepare to Die (spoilers):
    www.youtube.com/user/RavenWolfStarcraft2
    See my livestream to watch me do it live (spoilers):
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:35 am

Well first of all i would raise strength up to atleast 25-30 so you can wield stronger weapons. 2nd i would tell you to put on a little heavier armor so you have better protection and poise. If these tips dont work than try using spells/miracles, but dont spam them.

SL-465 Darkmoon Fav weapon type: :Oh yeah
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:12 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

There's a really good flash program that people use to build characters without actually having to do it ingame. You can plan out everything here.

I reccomend watching your resistances and poise, if you get your poise to around 60 that should be enough as long as you dont try to tank. Also try and keep your weight under half the total weight you can carry, unless you're ok with rolling slowly. happy

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:14 am

Oh and if you put in all the information about your character that you're currently using to that program, then copy and paste the "Share link" at the bottom here in this thread then we can adjust it and give you a better idea of how to improve happy

my_pokemans

Post by my_pokemans on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:15 pm

reim0027 wrote:First off, your stats aren't optmimized. Second, PvP is waaaaay different than PvE. You need practice. Get a 120 SL build and join the Fight Club. We'll give you some friendly practice. Check out this link for good stat investments.

http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t6695-stat-number-breakpoints

And, welcome to the forums!
    Thanks for that i had no idea the stats worked like that I thought the more the better.

my_pokemans

Post by my_pokemans on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:16 pm

ICEFANG wrote:If you play xbox I will take you under my dragon wing and teach you in a safer environment, SL 120 is a good place to play, I prefer a little lower because I find it to be busier overall (SL 80 is my favorite).
    I'm on PSN but thanks anyways

my_pokemans

Post by my_pokemans on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:Oh and if you put in all the information about your character that you're currently using to that program, then copy and paste the "Share link" at the bottom here in this thread then we can adjust it and give you a better idea of how to improve happy
    http://tinyurl.com/bw25ad8

Last edited by reim0027 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minified URL)
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Perhaps try a build similar to this pokemans http://tinyurl.com/cjabr3v - it will deal good damage and teach you to dodge etc;

For one slick avatar visit this thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t8933-picture-request-thread

my_pokemans

Post by my_pokemans on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:46 pm

http://tinyurl.com/cqqklw8

this is my new build i made, any opinions btw i want to stay near sl 100

Last edited by reim0027 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minified URL)
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Darkmoon talisman's weak at that level of faith pokemans, try the Canvas for higher Adjust. Also, why have those strength points at all? They're worthless for your dex-scaling weapons. Finally, mid roll plus katana will get you butchered. Only really good players can make mid roll work at that level and always with heavier weapons. Katanas are good for the quick hit and roll, with mid roll it just doesn't work.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS

my_pokemans

Post by my_pokemans on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Darkmoon talisman's weak at that level of faith pokemans, try the Canvas for higher Adjust. Also, why have those strength points at all? They're worthless for your dex-scaling weapons. Finally, mid roll plus katana will get you butchered. Only really good players can make mid roll work at that level and always with heavier weapons. Katanas are good for the quick hit and roll, with mid roll it just doesn't work.
    I've actually beat a lot of people today with my set up without even having darkmoon blade, so i guess i must be really good lol.
    ScaryPirateDude
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ScaryPirateDude on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:30 pm

I was doing pretty good for a change tonight, but I never seem to roll in PvP. I just side-step and slash with the bkga one-handed. I love that weapon.

― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:42 pm

my_pokemans wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:Darkmoon talisman's weak at that level of faith pokemans, try the Canvas for higher Adjust. Also, why have those strength points at all? They're worthless for your dex-scaling weapons. Finally, mid roll plus katana will get you butchered. Only really good players can make mid roll work at that level and always with heavier weapons. Katanas are good for the quick hit and roll, with mid roll it just doesn't work.
    I've actually beat a lot of people today with my set up without even having darkmoon blade, so i guess i must be really good lol.
    I'm surprised you could do well with that build, especially given the low HP. Guess you proved me wrong, but how do you fight with the Uchi? Everyone good I've fought against has been really mobile with it.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

ringo_mogire_SZS

my_pokemans

Post by my_pokemans on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:13 am

Ghadis_God wrote:
    my_pokemans wrote:
    I'm surprised you could do well with that build, especially given the low HP. Guess you proved me wrong, but how do you fight with the Uchi? Everyone good I've fought against has been really mobile with it.
    I actually use the shotel + 14 first to freak people out then idk i just kill people with the uchi
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:22 am

I think most people don't see the shotel as a great weapon, idk who'd be afraid of it.

ringo_mogire_SZS
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:25 am

Greatshield users maybe, but any weapon that can dead angle can do pretty much the same thing, and deal more damage.
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:27 am

^Forgot about greatshields, haven't used or seen one in a looong time online.

ringo_mogire_SZS
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:28 am

Sometimes you'll find them in the forest, three shield walls trying to enclose you win with GC in their offhand. But some DMB Zweihander Dead Angles can always handle that.
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:29 am

I have seen 'em in the forest but it doesn't really count as far as I'm concerned. Just people who can't parry and have some extra weight to flip around in.

ringo_mogire_SZS
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:33 am

But in regards to improving your skill man. You can check out Ro's thread on PvP. You can search for the tactics me and others have posted in the Forest Hunter Thread. You can watch videos on youtube, a personal favorite is the Garo invader, you should check him out. But all in all the best way, is to set up sparring matches with people to practice moves and timing. Get together with weak weapons and strong armor, get a feel for PvP without just killing each other. It does wonders.

my_pokemans

Post by my_pokemans on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:46 am

Well, most of the time people are freaked out by a weapon that can hit through shields and not everyone i fight goes on the wiki and knows how to fight pvp. i just think it throws people who run away with their shield up off their game.
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:47 am

I feel that the only real way to learn in this game is to die. The way I see it, the more mistakes get punished, the more you learn. Once you get to the average level of the general populace and feel like you're not improving a anymore, then duel some strong guys.

ringo_mogire_SZS
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:48 am

Yes it does, especially if you buff it. A dex build with CMW, SLB, or DMB hits very hard with that R2. Just watch out for people who like to parry, like me. We'll bait you, turtle to get you into using your R2 then parry and Riposte, because it is sort of predictable. But it sounds like the people you are using it against mostly just like to hug their shields for dear life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:56 am