Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
whitechikz11
DoughGuy
6 posters

With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.  Empty With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:38 am

Balthier:
    I'm only here to see how the story unfolds. Any self-respecting leading man would do the same.

Welcome to the FFXII co-op playthorugh thread. With all the co-op playthroughs showing up here Chi and I got together and decided we'd do one too. Since we both love FFXII we decided to use characters from that. For a third member we got Viral, who loves a good story (i.e. FFXII) and chose our guys.

Balthier:
    Getting there should be only half the fun.

We've each picked a character to use from the playable characters. I will be Vaan, Chi is Basch and Viral chose Balthier. We'll be starting from Sl 10 at the sunlight altar and ging all the way up to SL 80. We havent chosen our SLs per area yet but hopeully we'll get that down soon.

Balthier:
    Hasty, aren't they? I think it's a little early to be throwing away our lives just yet.

Along the way we'll be stopping to fight any forum members who wish to duel us, in a set of 3 1 vs 1 duels. While everyone is welcome we'd love to fight other cosplays, especially cosplays of other FFXII characters, preferably villians. We'll be active on wednesday nights AEST (tuesday mornings CST) for a couple of hours as we run through the land of Lordran.

Balthier:
    Getting there should be only half the fun.

Here's where we will post out builds for some SLs. This will be updated as we progress so keep an eye out.

SL 10
    Vaan
    Balthier

SL 80
    Vaan
    Balthier

Balthier:
    At least we thought to bring entertainment.

So thats all for now. Keep tuned and we hope to see many of you along the way!

Last edited by DoughGuy on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.  Empty Re: With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.

Post by whitechikz11 Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:21 am

FF12! Time to get the Espers! and stop Occuria from corrupting the land!
    Delta Ghost
    Delta Ghost

With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.  Empty Re: With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.

Post by Delta Ghost Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:59 am

Aaaaaaaand now I want to play FFXII again >__>
    I'll think about a good cosplay, maybe we can fight big grin
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Delta Ghost wrote:Aaaaaaaand now I want to play FFXII again >__>
    I'll think about a good cosplay, maybe we can fight big grin
    great! Vayne maybe? twisted
    Delta Ghost
    Delta Ghost

Post by Delta Ghost Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:42 pm

I was thinking about Ba'gamnan. I've played around with the customization... Can't get his nose big enough xD
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:47 pm

lol forgot about him, that trying hard sky pirate silly nice you could join us in interrupting our journey
    Delta Ghost
    Delta Ghost

Post by Delta Ghost Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Ah crap, you guys are on PSN? =(
    The best scenario would have been on the bridge with the Hellkite Wyvern (of course without the dragon). It kinda looks like the bridge in the mines of Rabanastre where Ba'Gamnan and his comrades chase you down (god I'm such a nerd^^)
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:57 pm

yes you? don't tell me... lol it's nice to have you on board. It's good to remember those times and you have a nice imagination there silly
    Delta Ghost
    Delta Ghost

Post by Delta Ghost Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:27 pm

Yup, I'm on XBL >__>
    But you're right. It's nice to remember when the FFs were still good
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:11 pm

I had dibs on lightning and i like the balthier love in the OP....

oh ill start with

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2042011561672611

and go to

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2663771567218858
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Yeah he has the best quotes for this sort of thing. You've got big shoes to fill.
    Would have been great to have you following us around trying to invade us Delta, wish you had a PS3 sad
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:59 pm

anyone called Gilgamesh yet?, you fight him on a bridge as i recall,

also what about the sand people (whos real name i can't remember) (use a hood and the cleric robes with some pointy looking legs (ornsteins fit sortof) and use a bow+scimitar)
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:24 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:anyone called Gilgamesh yet?, you fight him on a bridge as i recall,

also what about the sand people (whos real name i can't remember) (use a hood and the cleric robes with some pointy looking legs (ornsteins fit sortof) and use a bow+scimitar)
    ]
    oh yes the urutan-yensa?right Gilgamesh could be an enemy in the hellkite dragon bridge, nice idea there sparkly winking you might want to make such villains and be our enemy in our journey
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:28 am

WyrmHero Blade With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.  1330857165
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:12 am

WyrmHero wrote:WyrmHero Blade With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.  1330857165
    I'll use you as my weapon lol!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:17 am

time to start planning gilgamesh then... he'll have to dual wield... longsword and katana in off hand... eastern chest, no idea for the head though...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:21 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2522026721641798

what do you think, if the uchi and balder ss are +5 that'd be appropriate for the parish bridge yes?
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:38 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:time to start planning gilgamesh then... he'll have to dual wield... longsword and katana in off hand... eastern chest, no idea for the head though...
    golem maybe?
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2522026721641798

what do you think, if the uchi and balder ss are +5 that'd be appropriate for the parish bridge yes?
    yes that would be good but i'm not sure what sl are we in that time, maybe a bit lower or higher.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:42 am

We probably wont hit 25 till Btwon, but we could summon you in the depths at 25 for a 3 vs 1. Since you fight him 3 times (I recall) we'll have to fight you 3 times. The depths, Sens and a lord area sound good?
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:29 am

Gilgamesh? I thought I only fought him once in the mines.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:32 am

Maybe Im wrong. I thought youofught him all over. Ill check the wiki.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:34 am

Gilgamesh is found in the Lhusu Mines and must be fought twice.
    So you fight him twice not 3 times. SO how about the depths and then Sens? Althougth apparently you should have x3 hp and higher stats for the second fight silly
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:16 am

yes Depths and Sens would be great especially Gilgamesh in the last bridge to across silly too bad he don't have a pet
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:36 pm

i can be your level for the first fight and then lvl 120 in sens and you summon me via rss for the hp boost.... thing is after next week im in hawaii, so when will this begin ? oh and Ba'gammnon could be a dragon head with brigand armor and the titanite carch pole...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am