1st Post: Pyromancy in PvP - legit or not?

Delta Ghost

Re: 1st Post: Pyromancy in PvP - legit or not?

Post by Delta Ghost on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:45 pm

cloudyeki wrote:It's the zone where the target has a split-second to decide whether to go for the bs or to run away. If they go for the bs 90% they'll get burnt to a crisp, and if they delay a second or 2 and they might take a glancing hit.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where this zone is. If you have the time, could you explain it a little bit further?

Edit:
    cloudyeki wrote:for you high dex a non fire ling.ectra works great and you can buff it and pyromancy is great for pvp also if you are on XBL I can help train you

That would be great. I am on XBL, I can send you my GT. Today might not work since I'm in a tournament later, but tomorrow should work.
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:50 pm

I've found the zone after god knows how many 2v1 in the forest.

When someone sees their target prepping a firestorm, they'll either try to escape it to a safer area, or stop it by interrupting the caster. What you want is to find the area where they have to decide whether to try to stop you (and run into where most of the pillars will appear) or back off and wait it out. You'll know you've used it if they try to rush you only to get knocked back by a pillar or they get hit from behind by a pillar.

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Pyro builds are legit. They have a higher learning curve for sure, like learning to toss your GFB unlocked.

Personally, I really don't like to fight pure pyro builds. Very very boring for me to fight, IMO. I just want to pull out my Dragoncrest Shield and turtle.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 pm

If you want to really do more Pyromancy, this is the build that I have the most success with; Chameleon is incredibly underused, and powerful. The ability to force your opponent to be unlocked is invaluable, and I would go as far to say any PvP caster requires it. Not only will it screw up opponent dodges, it also hides the initial start-up of the casting animation. This makes many spells much more viable, and I would also suggest it as an unconventional necessity on Strength weapons; it can let you get close to opponent without fear of backstabs. It becomes even more useful on weapons like the Golem Axe, or Dragon King Axe.

However, when talking about Pyromancies, Chameleon will give you an easier time landing your Fireballs, getting off a Tempest, or generally being a jerk with Fire Surge. Not only will your opponent often do panic rolls, it gives you breathing room to line-up a Great Fireball. Should your opponent charge into you, and you notice this, aim towards the ground for a free hit; it will be especially devastating with Great Chaos Fireball. Not only that, if you get a stagger with that close range Fireball, remember to combo into a Great Combustion for more damage. The most important thing to remember when using Chameleon is that the effect won't break if you are hit unless you get staggered, so don't be afraid to walk towards your opponent to land a Great Fireball or Combustion if it means taking a single hit, or to have a better chance at landing a Tempest.

Currently #6 in the SL51-100 Duels with a 75 Streak on Kagami_S00mika.
    If you would like a build, please send me a PM. I'll be glad to try to help make something to your specifications, and walk you through how to use it.
    Ever wonder why Pinwheel stole the power of Nito? How to use a Katana. DmC: Devil May Cry footage
    Chen is best 2hu:

If my post was helpful, please click the little '+' next to it. My PSNid: roanispe, Kagami_S00mika

Mortamor

Post by Mortamor on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:22 am

This is actually a question I wanted to ask XD

This is my current build - Pyro is just another option, but nonetheless, does it look okay?

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1654719857791684
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:52 am

Mortamor wrote:This is actually a question I wanted to ask XD

This is my current build - Pyro is just another option, but nonetheless, does it look okay?

That is wayyyyy to much vit! I kinda redone your whole build e.e ... I couldn't help it. Stupid habits D: http://tinyurl.com/c4jnlu4 with this build you reach the best poise and yeah kinda just redone it D:
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:00 am

Doesn't like the BSS move set???? R2 is the cheapest/most useful attack... not to mention it can has dead angle possibilities... but to each their own.

For the first time I got a negative comment when using pyromancy. I fought some red who kept divine blessing guzzling and lost. I asked him why he healed... "because I can", he says. Then I fought him again by invading and killed him, finishing him off with a great combustion. He asked me why I use pyromancy?

Last edited by Ciledaknuf on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without benefit of experience.

-Henry Miller
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:02 am

For effective pyro, you want to make your dex 45 so the casting speed is as quick as possible.

All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without benefit of experience.

-Henry Miller
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:03 am

Ciledaknuf wrote:Doesn't like the BBS move set???? R2 is the cheapest/most useful attack... not to mention it can has dead angle possibilities... but to each their own.

For the first time I got a negative comment when using pyromancy. I fought some red who kept divine blessing guzzling and lost. I asked him why he healed... "because I can", he says. Then I fought him again by invading and killed him, finishing him off with a great combustion. He asked me why I use pyromancy?

You should of said "Because I don't like to be cheap and use miracles or sorceries."

Mortamor

Post by Mortamor on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:20 am

Ciledaknuf wrote:

For effective pyro, you want to make your dex 45 so the casting speed is as quick as possible.

I see... Yeah, swag-sword is better, then. Thanks!

@Gaxe: I know the poise is excessive and all, but the set's kind of a prefrence thing :3 Thanks for redoing the weps/rings, though, that's seriously going to help! Now, time to make a new character...
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:24 am

Mortamor wrote:
    Ciledaknuf wrote:

I see... Yeah, swag-sword is better, then. Thanks!

@Gaxe: I know the poise is excessive and all, but the set's kind of a prefrence thing :3 Thanks for redoing the weps, though, that's seriously going to help! Now, time to make a new character...

You sure the set i done looks exactly the same as full ornstein set just with more poise and defense ;D Gaunts and leggings don't really make appearance change at all lol. Also yeah..talking about new characters...*Looks at character list...nah i dont feel like working on them, goes to main*
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:31 am

Gaxe wrote:
    Ciledaknuf wrote:Doesn't like the BBS move set???? R2 is the cheapest/most useful attack... not to mention it can has dead angle possibilities... but to each their own.

You should of said "Because I don't like to be cheap and use miracles or sorceries."

I just said "because it's effective"... more than that would tax too much of my time using that xbox keyboard. What I implied was pyromancy is effective against compulsive healers.

-Henry Miller
    Delta Ghost

Post by Delta Ghost on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:03 am

cloudyeki wrote:I've found the zone after god knows how many 2v1 in the forest.

When someone sees their target prepping a firestorm, they'll either try to escape it to a safer area, or stop it by interrupting the caster. What you want is to find the area where they have to decide whether to try to stop you (and run into where most of the pillars will appear) or back off and wait it out. You'll know you've used it if they try to rush you only to get knocked back by a pillar or they get hit from behind by a pillar.

Quick question: do you want to marry me? At this point about 20% get a bs before my pillars hit them but nearly everybody else got roasted. With a little more practice tempest will be one of my main skills.

reim0027 wrote:Personally, I really don't like to fight pure pyro builds. Very very boring for me to fight, IMO. I just want to pull out my Dragoncrest Shield and turtle.

And that's what I really dislike. For me turtling is pretty boring because it takes out all the excitement. My playstyle is also very aggressive. When I start everything my enemies do is running away, so no shield required winking

roanispe wrote:If you want to really do more Pyromancy, this is the build that I have the most success with; Chameleon is incredibly underused, and powerful. The ability to force your opponent to be unlocked is invaluable, and I would go as far to say any PvP caster requires it. Not only will it screw up opponent dodges, it also hides the initial start-up of the casting animation. This makes many spells much more viable, and I would also suggest it as an unconventional necessity on Strength weapons; it can let you get close to opponent without fear of backstabs. It becomes even more useful on weapons like the Golem Axe, or Dragon King Axe.

Chameleon seems like an interesting idea. I might try that in the future. I have to make a new character anyway since I don't need that much strength anymore.

You have to try out the other spells. It is just so much fun especially with all the advice I got big grin

Ciledaknuf wrote:Doesn't like the BSS move set???? R2 is the cheapest/most useful attack... not to mention it can has dead angle possibilities... but to each their own.

The BSS is sooooo sloooooow. Right now I'm using my favourite weapon again. The Estoc. This thing is broken. It only does 30 less damage than the Swagsword but you hit your opponents more frequently.

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:53 pm

There's too much talk about weapons being broken. 99% of it is simply not true. Weapons all have their strengths and weaknesses. Some of the strengths are really powerful, but that doesn't mean they are broken.

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Delta Ghost

Post by Delta Ghost on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:38 pm

reim0027 wrote:There's too much talk about weapons being broken. 99% of it is simply not true. Weapons all have their strengths and weaknesses. Some of the strengths are really powerful, but that doesn't mean they are broken.

Yes, me describing the Estoc was an exaggeration. It's just love this weapon so much and it's the one I'm most comfortable with. I should have chosen different words happy
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Here's my pyro build when running around doing PVE with occasional invasions from others. With PvP I don't use the bow and I'm trying to figure out my armor setup without the bow for when I get more serious with pvp and this char.

I just beat O&S so I'm yet to get the tempest. I also am doing away with the flip ring, the ring of favor and shields. Very new for me and fun. Although some people rock the 'no shield' and say it's easy, I'm still struggling. Going through the game without it is getting me acclimatized though,.

I pvp'd Peeve today, 1-1 so, it's decent! Sadly I didn't get a third chance because ...well, life.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3723244778467616

-Henry Miller
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Delta Ghost wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:There's too much talk about weapons being broken. 99% of it is simply not true. Weapons all have their strengths and weaknesses. Some of the strengths are really powerful, but that doesn't mean they are broken.

Yes, me describing the Estoc was an exaggeration. It's just love this weapon so much and it's the one I'm most comfortable with. I should have chosen different words happy
    Aaah, misread your exaggeration. It's all good.

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Delta Ghost wrote:
    cloudyeki wrote:I've found the zone after god knows how many 2v1 in the forest.

Quick question: do you want to marry me? At this point about 20% get a bs before my pillars hit them but nearly everybody else got roasted. With a little more practice tempest will be one of my main skills.

Sorry, I've got someone in my sights already silly

Props to BindMind for the sig!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:43 pm