Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
bloodpixel
ICEFANG
FexDS
Gawain
Mr_Manuva
DamageCK
johnnyjwa
Bloodios
alchemydesign
xtal84
Azran
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Heroez Blade
skarekrow13
Eolan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
TheBigLebowski
Reaperfan
SlakeMoth
Carphil
Ghadis_God
RandelOolacile
ROOSTER330
raecor14
29 posters

why so much BB glitch hate?

Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

why so much BB glitch hate? - Page 3 Empty Re: why so much BB glitch hate?

Post by Azran Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:13 pm

You should play Massively Multiplayer Online games then; apart from the "no un-leveling" clause, From pretty muchs allows you to change whenever you want your equipment/focus without much hassle.

Sometimes I wonder if modern games actually lead us to think fewer options is better than more.

People like to roll play but thats pointless in a game where your not stuck with your choices.

How so?
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Azran wrote:
    Carphil wrote:I think that the only problem, aside from divine blessing users in PVP, is that the glitch can destroy someones first online experience:

- Invade low level newbies and give them no chance of fighting back.

- Being summoned to a newbies world and one shot his boss.

So how's that different from being cursed in your first playthrough (and even more so if it was a stacked curse pre-patch) or having Rhea and the Firekeeper killed before you know what the heck?

And if you summon a guy able to one-shot a boss, I think he'd actually be able to defend you from an invasion, unless he's a prick too.

Here's an example. My cousin (LVL15), first playthrough, summons a guy. The guy is clad in full Orstein and carries a Quelaag's Furysword. He one shots pretty much everything while my cousin glees in excitement.
    A guy invades. The phantom bows and RETREATS AWAY FROM THE COMBAT. The guy goes and curbstomps my cousin in one hit. BOTH PHANTOMS bow.

The glitch is innocuous; the problem is the people.

Also, I shared it because I thought it was funny.

DARK SOULS!

Sorry for the long quote, but I have to agree. I myself have no problem with the BB gltich, mainly because I am not a griefer. I use the glitch because I have already gotten everything legitly. Plus if people that I summon can one-hit a boss, than thats awesome..... less trouble for me.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:33 pm

well this got a better response than i was expecting. thank you everyone for your input, while i will continue to use it i can see why people hate it big grin
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Azran wrote:You should play Massively Multiplayer Online games then; apart from the "no un-leveling" clause, From pretty muchs allows you to change whenever you want your equipment/focus without much hassle.

Sometimes I wonder if modern games actually lead us to think fewer options is better than more.

People like to roll play but thats pointless in a game where your not stuck with your choices.

How so?

Because half the fun is feeling like your taking a unique approach. If you remove the consequences of mistakes then you also remove the rewards of success. Satisfaction rests in success and development.

This has been central to diablo 3's problems with longevity.

And for the record, Dark souls does heavily punish players for making mistakes. If you decide to become dex instead of strenth your unlikely to be able to do so effectively without starting again. Also if you upgrade something down a **** path then its materials are a lost cause. From tried pretty hard to lock players, but bb glitching kinda ruins that.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Eolan wrote:
    Azran wrote:You should play Massively Multiplayer Online games then; apart from the "no un-leveling" clause, From pretty muchs allows you to change whenever you want your equipment/focus without much hassle.

How so?

Because half the fun is feeling like your taking a unique approach. If you remove the consequences of mistakes then you also remove the rewards of success. Satisfaction rests in success and development.

This has been central to diablo 3's problems with longevity.

And for the record, Dark souls does heavily punish players for making mistakes. If you decide to become dex instead of strenth your unlikely to be able to do so effectively without starting again. Also if you upgrade something down a **** path then its materials are a lost cause. From tried pretty hard to lock players, but bb glitching kinda ruins that.
    thats far from true. before i used this glitch i had a dex, pyro, magic and a mid str.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:13 pm

What across different builds?
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:31 pm

That's why I said "apart from the no un-leveling clause". Apart from stats, people aren't actually punished by being diverse, especially in PvE. You can roll a 99 Endurance character and still win the game.
    You buy spells, yet you can switch which you know.
    You can have a huge armory in your back, and switch weapons constantly.

Upgrade materials are so easily found (except Slabs, of course) that there is no such thing as "wasting" non-slab upgrade materials. Even so, as always happens with Dark Souls, if you make a mistake, you are actually learning.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Yeah well weapon scaling will tell u different no? If you choose faith the decent int spells will be unavailable to you unless you wanna go up to silly high level.

There is definitely such a thing as wasting materials. At least for maybe 60% of the playerbase. If you play this game first time without research, then you'll have no idea where to grind for those items and you cant buy allot of them. Check the requests section in the forum! "Need slab need red chunks neeed red slab neeed need" Go tell them they didn't waste the ones they had happy

Most new players end up with their weapon they focused on and it wont be till quite far into their 2nd ng that they start to branch out, but their stats will be bloated or they'll be too high sl for that to matter in pvp or coop, so most build again.

Most people justify their reasons for using this glitch based on convenience but deep down surely you know the game loses satisfaction over time because the sense of discovery burns out? And this is really quickened and catalyzed by the bb glitch. And the sense of wonder from this game doesn't extend to its multiplayer because the economy has plateaued due to the speed in which people can just read up whats the highest dmg/poise/speed and copycat.

I ask you the question if noone found this glitch, would you be begging From for it?

I suspect not at all, youd be quite content to play fairly and experiment on builds on a longer term and compare notes and be impressed by each others ideas and builds. Not just "Cool strategy... let me go test that... Yup..."

As much as people try, the game cant really be a competitive sport it just doesnt have the balance or the infrastructure and as a result of the bb its been rinsed picked and pulled apart to its bones. Which i know is inevitable, but the mystery could be maintained for all but the really hardcore. Id be much happier with that.

But again just an opinion, and i understand what people use it for... Making the game a competitive C.O.D type game. With (at times) 3 second lag happy why so much BB glitch hate? - Page 3 3358384175

And im teasing yee of course winking

Last edited by Eolan on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:17 pm

I honestly think the glitch should stay because if people take the time to go through the game and get all the items on their inital character than they should not have to do that agian for every new character they want to make. If people complain about unfair invasions than maybe they should level up more by playing the game or maybe they should just stay undead so they dont get invaded. I do agree that the glitch takes away some of the challenge in the game but on the bright side it saves you hours of gameplay and item farming. As for me I use the glitch and will continue to use it because i took the time to get everything legit and i dont want to do it all again. Plus i like using the glitch to create wacky builds and simply mess around.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:52 pm

So if I want to get both a Fire Composite Bow and a Fire Claymore, and there's only one guaranteed Red Slab (no +15 Flame Sparkly trade) and I ask for another one, it's "wasting" materials? Or I am not allowed to ask my other fellow players to kindly share some of their surplus materials? We are a COMMUNITY for a reason.

And yes, if you want to be a jack-of-all-trades, multitasker, you either gotta level up a lot or spread your points too thin. It's a game style, I play that way. Yes, I do end at SL175 in my 35s across the board build. But that's what the Forest Hunter Covenant is there for.

And the "sense of discovery" burns out after the first two playthroughs. I think the last time I was "surprised" was when I realized the Asylum Demon is standing in the roof of the Asylum.

I get the feel PvP was never meant to be competitive. From would've patched all this stuff a while ago if it had been its original intention.
    Even so, there's making some weapons/armor sets better than others, and there's spamming black fire bombs with the dragon head glitch, of course.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:00 am

no it was the same one hahaha it used a mixture of weapons depending on the mood and pyro for **** and giggles.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Azran wrote:So if I want to get both a Fire Composite Bow and a Fire Claymore, and there's only one guaranteed Red Slab (no +15 Flame Sparkly trade) and I ask for another one, it's "wasting" materials? Or I am not allowed to ask my other fellow players to kindly share some of their surplus materials? We are a COMMUNITY for a reason.

Nobody condemned anyone for asking for materials...
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 am

oh while i remember what economy dose this game have anyway?
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 am

Im referring to an economy of value, wherein items have information associated with them. I.E Oh thats a lightening zwei, he must have been to anor londo... (To put it in its most base bland and uninteresting way happy sorry but im tired)

Edit: But also value in relation to each other, as in what use is a lightening +7 when everybody has lightening+ 10? Across the board in all instances only top top tier items matter now making the upgrade paths a necessity. This is economy breaking and value diminishing.

If you had to be in a covenant to get its perks ie the DWGR for example then it wouldnt be a big deal, but it seems everyone is min/maxing in all aspects of the game now which i think waters the player base down considerably.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:01 pm

In PvP. And PvP isn't at all the focus of the game.

Also, tell me about a single game with a competitive aspect where min/maxing isn't practiced.

It's not a problem Dark Souls has, it's a problem every single game with a competitive player base has.
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:31 pm

I think all glitches should be fixed. And no pre-glitch chars should be able to interact with post-glitch chars in any multiplayer way. I use the BB glitch (not the 99 duplicator one), but would not mind seeing it go away. Still if it were fixed, the game has already been dunced. For the most part, the marrow has been fully extracted from the bone. Nothing new under the well praised sun.

Those who still love the game have plenty to enjoy other than the economic aspects or the multiplayer, there is still the lore, the community, the beauty and artistry to enjoy, just to name a few. Multiplayer can be enjoyed if people play according to certain rules they make when they duel such as no hornet's ring, BS's, buffs or whatever.

Although I think From learned a lot from Demon's to Dark, I still think they have a very long way to go before they will be able provide steady, 99% glitchless, constantly updated and patched multiplayer experience for tens of thousands of players (hundreds?) around the world online at the same time.

The game is great still and the glitch is there. In many ways its broken, like Modern Warfare 2 was broken after people started exploiting glitches in droves. Infinity Ward/Trearch learned from their big mistake of not updating... and worked very hard in the following games to keep their enormous amount of customers happy,... sorta.

Still, I like DkS way more than COD, glitches and all, broken in aspects as it is. It's simply way more entertaining, innovative and artistic. There is a possibility of a minor overhaul with the DLC, but I wouldn't expect too much though from it as to prevent too much disappointment. I just hope From is ready in their next installment in the series for the amount of people that are going to be playing.

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:29 pm

I agree with you, it adds game life. I'm tired of PvE man. I played more than 2500 hours. I'm tired of creating builds from scratch. PvE bores me. So I wanted (because I'm tired of PvP too) create builds for PvP without going through the boring PvE. I'm okay with it.

Now, to answer your question: People hate it mainly because there are bad people out there who glitch toons to get high level items with low levels characters so they can invade low level legit people and kick their ***, this is obviously unfair, frustrating, boring for the victim.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am