Fog ring and hidden body

MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Fog ring and hidden body

Post by MasterofShadows on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Seignar wrote:Impossible. Hidden Body makes you just as transparent as Ring of Fog. Stealth isn't like Demon Souls, you're still visible (if only barely) from a distance. Hidden Body is only better for PvE because that is how it was programmed to be.

In every sense, Hidden Body is better, but it is not different in terms of visuals, which is the most important element in PvP stealth. Stealth is really about how you hide, not how powerful your cloaking is.

What I'm positing is that it appears that there might be a closer proximity requirement for hidden body than for RoF. I used to try to use the ring of fog in PVP. Completely ineffective, as you are easily noticed from a mile away. With the hidden body spell, I've been able to ambush people over and over and over again without them even knowing I was there. I'm not completely sure, but it seems to lend to the idea that HB is also more powerful than RoF in PVP, not just PVE.

Have you tried any comparative tests on this?

"P.S. MAKE NO DEALS WITH THE WOLF." -Durzo Blint-
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:27 pm

There are plenty of factors that alter your stealth:

- Equipment loadout
    - Visual Angles (from your opponent's perspective)
    - Environmental scenery
    - Opponent's awareness
    - The ability for your opponent to even notice you
    - Luck

Were you always against the same people?

MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 pm

What I did was stand off to the side in an area that would require the invader to specifically look in my direction to see me, and I repeatedly switched back and forth between using RoF and HB between invasions.

Sure I factored all that stuff in, but the only thing that I changed between invasions were the method for transparency. I've gone back and tried this out repeatedly.

And think about it, if I was against the same people every time, then the same strategy would not work.

-shrugs-

I don't know. I'm only going off of my own tests, which is why I've repeatedly asked if anyone else has tested this.

I don't have a buddy to match up with and test this against, but perhaps someone else does?

"P.S. MAKE NO DEALS WITH THE WOLF." -Durzo Blint-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:09 pm