Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
omega Elf
Ghadis_God
Uparkaam
Carphil
Spurgun
mofomey
Serious_Much
DarkW17
Kirk-Barb
swordiris
DamageCK
GrEeNgObLiN
reim0027
roanispe
Rynn
19 posters

being accused of parry spamming.

omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

being accused of parry spamming. - Page 2 Empty Re: being accused of parry spamming.

Post by omega Elf Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:13 pm

parry spammers are stupid i just bs them, though it doesnt sound like you were spamming
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

being accused of parry spamming. - Page 2 Empty Re: being accused of parry spamming.

Post by Spurgun Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Bingo. 50% of the matches i lose are because someone BSs me when i parry.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:33 pm

I know how to counter it, but the other person thinks he's having a fair duel, it feels wrong to just bs him whenever he tries to parry. Every cheap action has a way to punish it, but it doesn't make it any less cheap.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:34 pm

If he spams parry then he deserves to be BSd.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Punishing a parry attempt isn't dirty, it's PvP. Chaining it is dirty. I'm sure he'd rather you swung into it, but you're smarter than that and that's his problem, not yours.

A lot of times I'll misjudge a lock BS attempt for an incoming dash attack and they just circle strafe the parry. That's my own damn fault. I made the wrong call and I pay for it. Sometimes I'll kick because it shuts down lock BS and parry attempts, but sometimes kicks don't stagger like they're supposed to and you end up getting punished for that too. Bottom line, if you make the wrong call, it's on you.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:16 pm

If your upset by his message then perhaps you both should set up ground rules to your fights. That way both of you know what is permissable and what is not. That usually puts an end to angry emails. At least in a fight you know where you stand and what is allowed. Or just ignore it and play your game the way you choose too. Honor is what you make of it. If you both want fairness then there is no problem at finding a solution. Just my opin. Good luck
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Parrying is a high risk-high reward. If you aren't good at parrying, you will die a lot. If you are parry spamming, hoping to get lucky, you deserve to have that strategy used against you. One backstab punish and any reasonable person will stop trying to parry again for that fight.

If they are parry spamming and you get parried, it is kinda your fault too, since you know what they are going to do, and you allow them to do it anyway. Use his predictable attack against him. Bait a parry, pause, attack.

Also, you can use "fake" parries. Purposeful misses to bait your opponent into attacking, then taking advantage of this. Or, missing a few parries to get him to back off and become less aggressive.

Any spamming attack is a disadvantage for the spammer.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Spurgun wrote:^Better than OHK BS. If they parry you with HR then they actually deserved it.
    Tbh I today had someone argue that I still don't deserve those! I parry with a hornet ring on, so you can imagine how the normal battle for me goes.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:34 pm

You use a Hornet Ring, they use CMW/SLB/DMB - you both buff. The rapiers do crappy damage. They specialize in crits. Hornet's ring is fair game for rapiers, IMO.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:38 pm

I generally only use the HR against a gank, even with a rapier. I prefer the leo ring for the bonus counter damage while dueling.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Yeah, I know this is a touchy subject. Leo + BSS is impressive damage. ut, either way, parry spam can work against you. And you can get dead fast against someone who knows how to use that to their advantage.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:24 am

It falls into that gray area where we can't say it's definitively cheap and are a bit unsure as to whether countering it is cheap. A touchy subject indeed.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:I respect people who can land a parry on me, but it really leaves a sour taste in my mouth when they parry all the time and one finally lands, OHKOing me.

I agree with this. It really annoys me when I KNOW my opponent landed a lucky parry after trying about 30 times previously. Now I just bs people who I see attempting lots of parrys.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:39 pm

As well you should.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:I generally only use the HR against a gank, even with a rapier. I prefer the leo ring for the bonus counter damage while dueling.
    Leo doesn't affect Velka's rapier, or I'd be using it.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:47 am

Why doesn’t it affect it? Is it because VR has mostly magic AR?
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 am

why do people get upset when a counter to their spamming is using the same punish? i don't understand.. why don't they just say HEY, STOP! I WANT MY COMBOS TO HIT YOU!
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:23 am

"Would you mind just sort of standing there with your thumb up your ***? Thanks, bro."
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:19 am

Spurgun wrote:Why doesn’t it affect it? Is it because VR has mostly magic AR?
    I do not know, but it was completely unexpected and i almost threw my controller through my screen when it happened (because I'd removed my ring of fap to equip it.)... The leo ring does not effect Velka's, Moonlight Butterfly Horn, or an Enchanted Rapier.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:22 am

IIRC it affects elemental rapiers, so it’s probably the magic damage that’s causing it.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:23 am

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but the Leo ring only boosts physical dmg so on an elemantal you would only be boosting the physical portion...velka and all those weapons you meantioned do wicked ENC or magic dmg so no boost sad
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:30 am

Crap, I think you're right. The boost the Leo gives Velka's is actually miniscule now that I think of it. Looks like I need to find a new ring to use with it. being accused of parry spamming. - Page 2 3358384175
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:00 am

Lol I know the perfect ring if you can't use leo just toss on RTSR...when it triggers those damn pokes hurt man big grin
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:03 am

@ op: It doesnt matter what you do be it stunlocking with a greatsword, backstabing, parrying, you will be despised for it regardless :/ its his dumbass fault that his attacks were so predictable and easy for you to parry. If you just stood there spaming l2 and got one off after awhile i guess that would be parry spaming? but its dark souls dont take anything seriously. especially from other players. Whatever respect that was in demons souls its gone now. And you said he was a dude from the forest? no wonder.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:20 am

Good idea, a lot of people get aggressive when I'm at low health, perfect time to chip away the last third or fourth of the enemy's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:17 am