Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
billy_bayonet
Tolvo
Rynn
ARSP
8 posters

In other words Gankers

isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

In other words Gankers - Page 2 Empty Re: In other words Gankers

Post by isthefridge Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:54 pm

the way I see it that its the nature of the FHC to kill intruders. Its not the nature of the game to sit and troll for invades. With phantoms no less. It is a great place if you join the FH and troll for DM phantoms. Or red phantoms.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:54 pm

I think that if there is a large influx of invaders in one area and one area alone, if there is a way to take advantage of a situation to grief others, that said spot is the perfect candidate for it. Similar to, "There are many fish in this area, that means we should fish there."
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Not to butt in to the argument but I think Tolvo's right, I'd bet a lot more people there are just farming for souls rather than having some sort of grudge from past bangings by hunters.

As for why it started? Someone probably posted a Youtube video or a "walkthrough" on gamefaqs advising people to gank for souls.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Flight of the Concord's Reference:
    Summon a friend in the forest to kill invaders 3v1?
    Where'd you get that preposterous hypothesis?
    Did youtube tell you that perchance?
    ..Youtube *shakes fist*
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Tagging teaming 'tards. big grin alliterative insults!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:15 pm

I'm allergic to alliteration *sneeze*
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:16 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:Flight of the Concord's Reference:
    Summon a friend in the forest to kill invaders 3v1?
    Where'd you get that preposterous hypothesis?
    Did youtube tell you that perchance?
    ..Youtube *shakes fist*
    3 versus 1 is always especially funny.
    What -I- do, is use the glitch to go to Darkroot Forest again, and I just stand by the Hydra. The Hosts never stand a chance if they come down to me, and unless I leave, they can never get another invader.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:21 pm

I was once clearing out the trees cause one guy in particular kept invading and running straight to them. But this other lag-stabbing DW that I've been killed by before comes in, so I run, and then this FH comes in. I run down the ladder, to the bridge, and heal. I try to get back up, the FH is camping, trying to get me with WotG. I keep baiting him to use it, trying to get him to run out of casts. The DW DC's out. Eventually, the FH comes down, I literally accidentally BS him twice in that teeny space, then he falls off.

Should have let me up the ladder, dude.

Anyway, I'd only do that jump to the hydra to gankers if I was invading. When I was DMing trying to get DMB, I actually saw a LOT of solo hosts. But a FH would come in, and not let me 1v1 them. He'd just wait for me to attack the host so we would 2v1 him/her. Whenever I tried to let him 1v1, he'd back up, and sit behind me...

The Forest is messed up.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:23 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:I was once clearing out the trees cause one guy in particular kept invading and running straight to them. But this other lag-stabbing DW that I've been killed by before comes in, so I run, and then this FH comes in. I run down the ladder, to the bridge, and heal. I try to get back up, the FH is camping, trying to get me with WotG. I keep baiting him to use it, trying to get him to run out of casts. The DW DC's out. Eventually, the FH comes down, I literally accidentally BS him twice in that teeny space, then he falls off.

Should have let me up the ladder, dude.

Anyway, I'd only do that jump to the hydra to gankers if I was invading. When I was DMing trying to get DMB, I actually saw a LOT of solo hosts. But a FH would come in, and not let me 1v1 them. He'd just wait for me to attack the host so we would 2v1 him/her. Whenever I tried to let him 1v1, he'd back up, and sit behind me...

The Forest is messed up.
    Run the other direction, and force the FH to fight alone.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:34 pm

^This. I hate when second invaders ruin my duels, I always have to back off because they insist on a bang.

I was hunting once and started to duel a solo host when another, low level hunter comes in and starts attacking. I back off to watch them fight, the low level guy gets his butt kicked by the level ~200 host and runs behind me, refusing to fight. I took it as a sign he was tagging out so I buffed, let the host heal, and butchered him. The low level didn't even try to help with it, I felt like I taught him some honor lol.
    isthefridge
    isthefridge
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by isthefridge Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:36 pm

FH is a legit convenant to join and i dont see waiting for a fellow Hunter in the case of a ganking senario as ganking in return. Shiva of the East states the rules which overule anyones personal rules. That there arent any rules. The ones exploiting the FHC be it for 1v1 or ganking. Its all fine by me, b/c i lose nothing. I get to see all types and styles of play. I experienced my first invadce with the widest lvl gap i was 125 the host claimed 571. I've also experienced some really good 1v1 duels. I'm sure many can say they stopped fighting if another stepped in to gank. Ive done it plenty of times. Ive recieved hm b/c of it. when the host defeats the arse for jumping in we heal up and bow. That how i play. In a gank situation I stand so they see me. If they both charge im running. Judge and call it what you want.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:38 pm

isthefridge wrote:FH is a legit convenant to join and i dont see waiting for a fellow Hunter in the case of a ganking senario as ganking in return. Shiva of the East states the rules which overule anyones personal rules. That there arent any rules. The ones exploiting the FHC be it for 1v1 or ganking. Its all fine by me, b/c i lose nothing. I get to see all types and styles of play. I experienced my first invadce with the widest lvl gap i was 125 the host claimed 571. I've also experienced some really good 1v1 duels. I'm sure many can say they stopped fighting if another stepped in to gank. Ive done it plenty of times. Ive recieved hm b/c of it. when the host defeats the arse for jumping in we heal up and bow. That how i play. In a gank situation I stand so they see me. If they both charge im running. Judge and call it what you want.
    I don't blame them, I'm just disapointed. I wait for a second invader vs gankers, but not for 1 V 1's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am