Best DEX Weapon?

    Share

    Poll

    Best DEX Weapon?

    [ 4 ]
    17% [17%] 
    [ 9 ]
    38% [38%] 
    [ 1 ]
    4% [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 8 ]
    33% [33%] 

    Total Votes: 24
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Gaxe on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:35 pm

    Hello all, Gaxe here ofc silly. I'm planning to create a build using sunlight blade. I can't decide which weapon to use though D: so could anyone help me pick?
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by RANT on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:41 pm

    go with the one you like best, its up to your playstyle really. all the weapons you hav in the poll are very different so it depends on youre fighting style.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Gaxe on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:45 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:go with the one you like best, its up to your playstyle really. all the weapons you hav in the poll are very different so it depends on youre fighting style.

    My fighting style is all styles basically, I adapt extremely fast to the weapons I use. But I like to roll extremely close to people attack once then roll away, kind of like draining their health very slowly without much risk to me.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by RANT on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:14 pm

    go with ricard's rapier then. pokepokepoke lol the only rapier i like is velka's and im probably not the best one at giving advice about dex weapons since i love my str weapons and lately the halberds.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    FrEyes
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 164
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-04-21
    Age : 24
    Location : Finland

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by FrEyes on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:25 pm

    BSS cuz of its good move set, long reach and awesome looks!


    _________________
    "Gustavus! Adolphus!
    Libera et impera!
    Acerbus et ingens!
    Augusta per augusta!"
    avatar
    Dominikov
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : Forland Kingdom

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Dominikov on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 pm

    Gaxe wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:go with the one you like best, its up to your playstyle really. all the weapons you hav in the poll are very different so it depends on youre fighting style.

    My fighting style is all styles basically, I adapt extremely fast to the weapons I use. But I like to roll extremely close to people attack once then roll away, kind of like draining their health very slowly without much risk to me.

    RantFromRant wrote:go with ricard's rapier then. pokepokepoke lol the only rapier i like is velka's and im probably not the best one at giving advice about dex weapons since i love my str weapons and lately the halberds.

    ^^ Agreed. Rapier's are excellent at slowly chipping away someone's health from behind a shield. You might be called a "turtle" if you stay behind the shield 24/7 so I would consider throwing out some normal R1's and R2's every once and awhile.

    Also, look into the Leo Ring, it gives "+50% Counter Dmg" AKA hitting an enemy as he's swinging at you. Time it right and you'll Crit higher.

    Excellent ring to have with a rapier.


    _________________

    "We had a good run, didn't we?"
    - Dominikov
    avatar
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2290
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2012-05-27

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:53 pm

    I've heard people cry the virtues of the BSS but I like using katanas more than straight swords, not that I really have much practice with the BSS. I personally prefer the Iaito over the Uchi, but that's a very minor moveset difference. I'd say the best Dex.weapon is the Murakumo, but you probably won't have the stats to use it fully if you're going for a hybrid faith/dex.


    _________________
    7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

    PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Gaxe on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 pm

    Ok i'll create my build first and then let you guys decide which would be the best weapon for me ok ^^.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Serious_Much on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:55 pm

    With buffs, for sure it's gotta be the BSS, it's only real weakness is slightly weak power, and that's taken care of by the buff.


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Gaxe on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:16 pm

    Also another thing I don't like turtling I like to 2 hand my weapons roll at them *poke* then roll back and repeat lol.
    avatar
    Dominikov
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : Forland Kingdom

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Dominikov on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 pm

    Gaxe wrote:Also another thing I don't like turtling I like to 2 hand my weapons roll at them *poke* then roll back and repeat lol.

    Ahh, well in that case I would recommend the BSS. I personally love the BSS, I revolved my whole DEX Build around it and I use it 1H and 2H.

    ^^ I can give you my build if you want to try it ^^

    The 2H R2 attack is a thrusting/jabbing motion that would be amazing with the Leo Ring. If you continuously press R2 he will jab the sword until you run out of stamina.

    The 2H R1 is like the 2H swing on a katana, it slices in an "X" fashion. Nothing too special.

    The BSS is great for combating "turtles" and when combined with the Leo Ring it does some great damage. Just R2 into their shield until they stumble and poke em in the chest! silly

    ❤ BSS ❤


    _________________

    "We had a good run, didn't we?"
    - Dominikov
    avatar
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1279
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2012-04-11
    Location : Firelink

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Buggy Virus on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:09 pm

    Pickaxe, sometimes you don't even notice the miss stagger!


    _________________
    *Busy Drawing*
    Xbl: A Buggy Virus
    Whelp, now I have positive rep.
    Reputation : 30
    Positive votes received : 80
    Negative votes received : 74
    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Gaxe on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:36 pm

    Dominikov wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:Also another thing I don't like turtling I like to 2 hand my weapons roll at them *poke* then roll back and repeat lol.

    Ahh, well in that case I would recommend the BSS. I personally love the BSS, I revolved my whole DEX Build around it and I use it 1H and 2H.

    ^^ I can give you my build if you want to try it ^^

    The 2H R2 attack is a thrusting/jabbing motion that would be amazing with the Leo Ring. If you continuously press R2 he will jab the sword until you run out of stamina.

    The 2H R1 is like the 2H swing on a katana, it slices in an "X" fashion. Nothing too special.

    The BSS is great for combating "turtles" and when combined with the Leo Ring it does some great damage. Just R2 into their shield until they stumble and poke em in the chest! silly

    ❤ BSS ❤

    Hmm sure i'll try your build ^^ I've never actually used the BSS though but I adapt fast and i still don't know what the leo ring does .-.

    Edit: Here's the build I came up with. http://tinyurl.com/d3on5sy
    avatar
    Dominikov
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : Forland Kingdom

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Dominikov on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:01 pm

    Gaxe wrote:
    Dominikov wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:Also another thing I don't like turtling I like to 2 hand my weapons roll at them *poke* then roll back and repeat lol.

    Ahh, well in that case I would recommend the BSS. I personally love the BSS, I revolved my whole DEX Build around it and I use it 1H and 2H.

    ^^ I can give you my build if you want to try it ^^

    The 2H R2 attack is a thrusting/jabbing motion that would be amazing with the Leo Ring. If you continuously press R2 he will jab the sword until you run out of stamina.

    The 2H R1 is like the 2H swing on a katana, it slices in an "X" fashion. Nothing too special.

    The BSS is great for combating "turtles" and when combined with the Leo Ring it does some great damage. Just R2 into their shield until they stumble and poke em in the chest! silly

    ❤ BSS ❤

    Hmm sure i'll try your build ^^ I've never actually used the BSS though but I adapt fast and i still don't know what the leo ring does .-.

    Edit: Here's the build I came up with. http://tinyurl.com/d3on5sy

    I just looked at your build. Are you going for a SL 80 build? I forgot to mention that my DEX Build is all melee and it's SL 120. I don't have any pyros/spells/miracles and it only has 1 attunement slot, but you could easily tweak my build to use pyros/spells/miracles. I chose the armor because it looks cool and it gives 60 poise. I recently learned that 56 poise is the breakup for a greatsword's sprinting R1 attack (thanks to WyrmHero) - meaning if someone does a sprinting R1 with a greatsword it won't send you flying back on the ground.

    My backup left hand is a Falchion +15, so this build has dual wielding potential as well as a BSS/Shield combo. I personally like the off-hand Falch because it's off-hand attack is a simple swing and it has the ability to parry (which also looks cool silly)

    Leo Ring:
    - Boosts Counter Damage by 40%.
    - Counter Damage occurs if you hit an enemy mid-swing, or at the same time as he hits you.


    _________________

    "We had a good run, didn't we?"
    - Dominikov
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by skarekrow13 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 pm

    Scythe scythe scythe scythe scythe

    avatar
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 507
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Location : Steam: TrueDPS

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Gaxe on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:05 am

    Dominikov wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:
    Dominikov wrote:
    Gaxe wrote:Also another thing I don't like turtling I like to 2 hand my weapons roll at them *poke* then roll back and repeat lol.

    Ahh, well in that case I would recommend the BSS. I personally love the BSS, I revolved my whole DEX Build around it and I use it 1H and 2H.

    ^^ I can give you my build if you want to try it ^^

    The 2H R2 attack is a thrusting/jabbing motion that would be amazing with the Leo Ring. If you continuously press R2 he will jab the sword until you run out of stamina.

    The 2H R1 is like the 2H swing on a katana, it slices in an "X" fashion. Nothing too special.

    The BSS is great for combating "turtles" and when combined with the Leo Ring it does some great damage. Just R2 into their shield until they stumble and poke em in the chest! silly

    ❤ BSS ❤

    Hmm sure i'll try your build ^^ I've never actually used the BSS though but I adapt fast and i still don't know what the leo ring does .-.

    Edit: Here's the build I came up with. http://tinyurl.com/d3on5sy

    I just looked at your build. Are you going for a SL 80 build? I forgot to mention that my DEX Build is all melee and it's SL 120. I don't have any pyros/spells/miracles and it only has 1 attunement slot, but you could easily tweak my build to use pyros/spells/miracles. I chose the armor because it looks cool and it gives 60 poise. I recently learned that 56 poise is the breakup for a greatsword's sprinting R1 attack (thanks to WyrmHero) - meaning if someone does a sprinting R1 with a greatsword it won't send you flying back on the ground.

    My backup left hand is a Falchion +15, so this build has dual wielding potential as well as a BSS/Shield combo. I personally like the off-hand Falch because it's off-hand attack is a simple swing and it has the ability to parry (which also looks cool silly)

    Leo Ring:
    - Boosts Counter Damage by 40%.
    - Counter Damage occurs if you hit an enemy mid-swing, or at the same time as he hits you.

    The thing with that build is you just wouldn't be doing enough damage. You'd have no spells or miracles to back you up or anything.
    avatar
    Dominikov
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : Forland Kingdom

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Dominikov on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:21 am

    Gaxe wrote:The thing with that build is you just wouldn't be doing enough damage. You'd have no spells or miracles to back you up or anything.

    I haven't officially made this build or taken it out in PvP, but I have a pretty similar build on PS3 with no pyros/spells/miracles. On that build I am using a Claymore +15 and the BSS +15 and a Black Knight Shield +5. My BSS hits decent (350-475 range). Maybe it's just me, but I just like the BSS's moveset and I've gotten so comfortable with it. The build is also very mobile so I easily dodge attacks. I prefer the high mobility over the damage. If you can dodge, then you can beat anyone. Slow and steady wins the race (or fight in this case).

    In the end though, it's completely your choice happy I just think the BSS works great for a DEX Build.


    Last edited by Dominikov on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more)


    _________________

    "We had a good run, didn't we?"
    - Dominikov
    avatar
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-10
    Location : California

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Motopsycho on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:27 am

    With buffs or not I gotta say it's the falchion. try it. You'll see what i mean.


    _________________
    Spoiler:
    avatar
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 746
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-06-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Texas

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by swordiris on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:31 am

    Balder Side Sword. That thing is sexy. Some people say it has low power but I hit extremely hard with it. Balder Side Sword + DMB rank 3 is epic win.


    _________________


    All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

    Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    avatar
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 129
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-10
    Location : California

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Motopsycho on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:34 am

    I never understood why people like the BSS so much. It's so boring looking, and idk, i never liked it xD

    Overrated imo. The only thing that i like its the weight.


    _________________
    Spoiler:
    avatar
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 746
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-06-29
    Age : 21
    Location : Texas

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by swordiris on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 am

    It is the moveset and speed not the looks just like the chain mail description.

    Knights may favor flashy armor, but for
    warriors on the battlefield, anything is
    fine as long as it keeps them alive.

    Exactly how I feel about BSS. Although I've done some cool flashy things with it. As much as I hate DWGR I admit it makes BSS look cool so it is the only toon I use that ring on.


    _________________


    All hail Prince Amadeous Son of the Goddess Velka
    Join the Messengers http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22165-messengers-of-velka-reign

    Dark souls fencing
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing
    avatar
    Dominikov
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : Forland Kingdom

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Dominikov on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:39 am

    swordiris wrote:Balder Side Sword. That thing is sexy. Some people say it has low power but I hit extremely hard with it. Balder Side Sword + DMB rank 3 is epic win.

    Good man, that's the way to go with that thing silly

    Motopsycho wrote:I never understood why people like the BSS so much. It's so boring looking, and idk, i never liked it xD

    Overrated imo. The only thing that i like its the weight.

    I think it's most loved for it's moveset and it does decent damage for a weapon of it's kind.


    _________________

    "We had a good run, didn't we?"
    - Dominikov
    avatar
    Dominikov
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-22
    Location : Forland Kingdom

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Dominikov on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:41 am

    swordiris wrote:It is the moveset and speed not the looks just like the chain mail description.

    Knights may favor flashy armor, but for
    warriors on the battlefield, anything is
    fine as long as it keeps them alive.

    Exactly how I feel about BSS. Although I've done some cool flashy things with it. As much as I hate DWGR I admit it makes BSS look cool so it is the only toon I use that ring on.

    Do you happen to have a BSS DMB Build that I could look at? Or know anyone with a good one? I made a pure melee build with BSS and SKS, but I might consider a buffing build for it as well.


    _________________

    "We had a good run, didn't we?"
    - Dominikov
    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:46 am

    the falchion wins my vote, especially when two handed that thing is like a buzz saw, if you buff it it literally takes 2 seconds to kill some one with 1500 health (3 swings ), either way whatever weapon you choose if it isn't a spear have one as a back up just in case.


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1689
    Reputation : 45
    Join date : 2012-02-14
    Age : 37
    Location : Alberta

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by DarkW17 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:11 am

    I persoanlly like the uchi but that just me...its 1 handed R2 has just as much reach as the BSS thrust with equal or very close dmg!

    I would only caution the ease of being parry'd with a BSS I am so confident in parrying that particular weapon ill go for a blind parry on a DMB buffed BSS with my darkhand everytime...especially the roll upswing just parry bait!

    But I don't mean to trash the BSS I use it an love it myself in the right hands its one of the best weapons in the game....on my 225 forest host I buff CMW on a BSS and can rock full havels no shield and a darkhand...its not even fair 1V1 but I am usually fighting 2 or 3!!

    just saying it can very easily be parry'd and if your a good dead angler an uchi or laito is much better against a strong opponent!


    _________________
    The Lords Blade-Darkstalkers...I've come for your Humanity

    Sponsored content

    Re: Best DEX Weapon?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:37 pm