Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RandelOolacile
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
8 posters

A Poll to Prove a Point

Poll

Do you use glitches in Dark Souls?

[ 0 ]
    A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_lcap0%A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_lcap26%A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 3 ]
    A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_lcap16%A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_rcap [16%] 
    [ 0 ]
    A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_lcap0%A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_lcap11%A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 9 ]
    A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_lcap47%A Poll to Prove a Point I_vote_rcap [47%] 

Total Votes: 19
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A Poll to Prove a Point Empty A Poll to Prove a Point

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:02 pm

This poll is for the purpose of proving a point and should be answered honestly. Look at the options and answer by picking one. This pertains to you and you only, not your friends or other people. Glitches include any that can be done in Dark Souls, including the BB glitch.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A Poll to Prove a Point Empty Re: A Poll to Prove a Point

Post by RandelOolacile Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 pm

I only bb glitch. I've beaten the game so many times and it helps to try new toons without spending a ton of time grabbing what I want to test! This isn't to say that I don't do a run once a week from scratch though and all my pvp is clean. There's no fun in a one sided fight, silly!
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:36 pm

MudoRH wrote:I only bb glitch. I've beaten the game so many times and it helps to try new toons without spending a ton of time grabbing what I want to test! This isn't to say that I don't do a run once a week from scratch though and all my pvp is clean. There's no fun in a one sided fight, silly!

That is exactly what I use the BB glitch for, but people call me a griefer for doing this. I personally dont care, but if someone doesnt have armor or weapons that I do, then its just one fight that they lose, oh well.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:41 pm

That IS griefing. It's the very definition of the word. It doesn't bother me too much, because, for whatever reason, I don't seem to ever get invaded often at low levels so I've never faced this problem.

But, yes, you're removing the sporting spirit from the fight if you go in swinging a fully upgraded lightning Murakumo in full Havel's armor. Of course it might chafe with someone playing through the game normally in their Black Leather armor and base Bandit's Knife.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Just remember to not detail glitches on the forum, you haven't so I'm not scolding you. Just for people coming in, remember, keep it clean.

I do BB glitch, for making new builds and what not. But I don't PvP at low levels with powerful gear, I do however keep a hornet and rapier for those who do just so I can quickly dispatch them in Co-Op. That's not to say I haven't run across a genuine low level invader that I killed in a brutal fashion, which I sent them an apology for after. But for the most part, I don't think I've really had any negative effects on others with my actions.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Tolvo wrote:Just remember to not detail glitches on the forum, you haven't so I'm not scolding you. Just for people coming in, remember, keep it clean.

I do BB glitch, for making new builds and what not. But I don't PvP at low levels with powerful gear, I do however keep a hornet and rapier for those who do just so I can quickly dispatch them in Co-Op. That's not to say I haven't run across a genuine low level invader that I killed in a brutal fashion, which I sent them an apology for after. But for the most part, I don't think I've really had any negative effects on others with my actions.

In not as many words, that is what I am trying to say. I do the BB glitch, but I never PvP at low levels. Heck my current build is level 342, so I wouldnt call that a griefer.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:00 pm

No that's perfectly fine, just sending gear over is a time saver for when you want to set up a new PvP toon. I know I don't have the patience for every SL120 I have.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Well, if you're at SL 342 and people are calling you a griefer then they don't know the meaning of the term.

How would they even know you BB'ed your gear at that high a SL? I would assume anyone that high would have maxed gear anyway and would be fighting against other people with maxed gear.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:05 pm

At SL 75 its pretty reasonable to have maxed out gear, they might just be casting blame or using words they just don't understand.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:08 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:That IS griefing. It's the very definition of the word. It doesn't bother me too much, because, for whatever reason, I don't seem to ever get invaded often at low levels so I've never faced this problem.

But, yes, you're removing the sporting spirit from the fight if you go in swinging a fully upgraded lightning Murakumo in full Havel's armor. Of course it might chafe with someone playing through the game normally in their Black Leather armor and base Bandit's Knife.

I agree with this 100%. I don't pvp till I defeat Ornstein and Smough. This makes my builds fair. I keep almost all my builds at 50 and so I pvp accordingly, I go so far as to carry an extra version of my current weapon downgraded so that when I do get invaded early on I don't make the fight uneven.

Alot of times I'll play offline till anor too just for expediency. silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Never have, never will. You don't need to frankly I think.

I find it funny when people say you're a griefer if you do a random invasion.. and I'm like SL60 in the lord areas. Wrong term to use, I may be being a massive douche to them but I ain't a griefer silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Yeah Serious, I do admire that you don't use the BB. I'm just very lazy, VERY LAZY. Otherwise I wouldn't use it either, I'll be damned if I have to run around everywhere again. Though I have to do it when I start a new account anyway haha.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:44 pm

I BB for the items and d. head to level myself immediately so I can easily make my builds. I always use the items to PvP and PvE because if you invade a 120 you should have strong weapons and armor as well.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Tolvo wrote:Yeah Serious, I do admire that you don't use the BB. I'm just very lazy, VERY LAZY. Otherwise I wouldn't use it either, I'll be damned if I have to run around everywhere again. Though I have to do it when I start a new account anyway haha.

I lost all my saves due to my PS3 breaking, I still have no intention of glitching, after all I always say the day I stop enjoying PvE is the day I stop playing Dark Souls. I don't intend to start shortcutting my playthroughs any time soon silly
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Never glitched here, but I probably would if I wanted to create a bunch of higher-level PvP builds more quickly.

I enjoy starting new characters from scratch anyways.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:17 pm

I only use glitches for PVP purposes in the manner to level up my toon to SL120 instantly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm