Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Darkson
DoughGuy
ICEFANG
Jorund
swordiris
Leeroy_Jenkins
skarekrow13
11 posters

Black Crystal idea. Perhaps worthy of testing

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Black Crystal idea. Perhaps worthy of testing  Empty Black Crystal idea. Perhaps worthy of testing

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:28 am

So I was doing some testing with Beatrice last night that involved summoning her repeatedly. I see on the wiki that there are already (very minor) penalties to "fickle use" of this crystal. It could even be said the penalties inhibit your ability to "nurture relations." However, I was thinking what if there is a worse penalty for overusing the crystal? Like you make an npc angry enough to take your head off our something. I summoned and sent away Beatrice seven times with the crystal. Does anyone know if there has been any testing of something like this? Or holes in the theory
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Black Crystal idea. Perhaps worthy of testing  Empty Re: Black Crystal idea. Perhaps worthy of testing

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:48 pm

And most importantly who do you think would get the most agitated about being sent home repeatedly?
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Black Crystal idea. Perhaps worthy of testing  Empty Re: Black Crystal idea. Perhaps worthy of testing

Post by swordiris Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. Since no one Black Crystals NPC's. I still think the nurture relations part was referring to other players that might send hatemail.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Most likely that's what it means but you never know I guess. If anyone wants to piss off an npc for me go for it and post results here. I'll probably try a couple tonight. I think Lautrec seems most likely to get mad but he has a story. Solaire might be offended you don't act honorably. Mildred starts off as an enemy do maybe her......
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 am

I'm thinking Solaire. My reasoning behind this is because, you know, nurturing a relationship takes time and things like that, and Solaire is the NPC you have the longest relationship with in terms of actual gameplay. Maybe if you summon him at every possible point in the game and BC him out each time?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:26 am

That's one of the possibilities I was thinking actually. He's a repeat summon big time so you're right in that you can have a relationship (platonic of course)
    Jorund
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jorund Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:03 am

I dunno Skare, Solaire gets a little friendly at the Anor Londo bonfire...
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 am

Interestingly, after Tarkus (who before I knew of his awesomeness, I called Derp), saved my life from an invader, I sent him home and couldn't summon him again until I left to the bonfire. Is that what you intend to do? If not, you may not be able to do it on Derpy, I couldn't get him back right away.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:27 am

ICE I had the same thing happen with Solaire. He was low hp in anor so I tried to heal him by banishing/resummoning but it didnt work, he just disappeared till I rested at the bonfire.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:52 am

That's part of the penalty. You gotta quit and load again and they'll be back. That's why I trends to think they have their warning covered but ya never know
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Leeroy_Jenkins wrote:And most importantly who do you think would get the most agitated about being sent home repeatedly?

Paladin Leeroy comes to my mind for some reason. winking
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:14 pm

I could be referring to real life as people dont like to be sent away
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:28 pm

That was always my assumption, and is likely the only meaning. I have my main character at (mostly) the beginning of the game in readiness for the DLC. When I do that run through I will probably try to summon and piss off some NPCs. The only ones not in the mix at the moment would be Solaire/Lautrec for the Gargoyles since the Gargoyles be daid. That's it though. Everywhere else is fair game.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:31 pm

well tell us If you find anything thing and im sure the DLC will answer a few questions and add even more
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 am

I think it is more likely referring to pissing off other players.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:25 pm

I actually planned on testing the effects of the black crystal a while back, but as a tool to level up in the way of white. I scrapped the idea for obvious reasons, but this is what I had in mind:

The idea is that the elite cleric armor is a covenant gift for leveling in WoW (high level priests). We know that Petrus wears it, that he's a sinner, and that he abandons his companions. So, could the mission for WoW priests actually be to sacrifice the host, to abandon them at the worst possible moment? (Yes, I know this is a long shot) The boss areas in the Catacombs and Tomb of Giants are perfect places for a phantom to black crystal out after the host jumps down. Come to think of it, you don't have to jump down either, you can just stay at the ledge above the boss area and watch. And since the host brought phantoms (you), the boss should be even tougher.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:37 pm

With my crappy internet there's no way I could help test that sanely. If you go for it let me know what you find
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:05 am

I will be happy to try Mildred out a few hundred times..... Will post back after I'm done(might take some time.)
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:58 am

That'd be awesome! I'm kinda scatter shot right now. Have this idea in the back of my head, the archive books, trying to get a weapon upgraded to see if it has a hidden buff......
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:48 am

ublug wrote:I actually planned on testing the effects of the black crystal a while back, but as a tool to level up in the way of white. I scrapped the idea for obvious reasons, but this is what I had in mind:

The idea is that the elite cleric armor is a covenant gift for leveling in WoW (high level priests). We know that Petrus wears it, that he's a sinner, and that he abandons his companions. So, could the mission for WoW priests actually be to sacrifice the host, to abandon them at the worst possible moment? (Yes, I know this is a long shot) The boss areas in the Catacombs and Tomb of Giants are perfect places for a phantom to black crystal out after the host jumps down. Come to think of it, you don't have to jump down either, you can just stay at the ledge above the boss area and watch. And since the host brought phantoms (you), the boss should be even tougher.

But that would be going against the way of the white, which seems to be extended to Petrus through Rhea. Just because Petrus offers you the covenant doesn't mean he is a good representative of it.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Well after 250 summons of Mildred and sending her home I gave up.... Then I decided to give it a go online as that might have effected it different... Well I managed 200 online before I gave up... Nothing new or special happened.... I am disappoint.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Holy Jebus. That's certainly commitment. One down confirmed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am