Ever done something in PvP you kinda felt the need to apologize for?

Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Ever done something in PvP you kinda felt the need to apologize for?

Post by Baiulus on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:43 pm

No, I'm not talking ganking or BS fishing, although you should feel dirty after such things. :evil:

I'm talking about tricks and deeds that led to death for your opponent, but still made you bust out laughing.

An example, and what prompted this post:
    I have a SL 90 version of the Silly Bugger's build, and I was doing some invading in the Catacombs. I spawned normally in a room full of skeletons with my dual Bonewheel shields and Xanthous Crown, then proceeded to run through the black caverns in search of my guilty target.
    While I was crossing one of the switch-bridges, I noticed a gentleman in full Havel's stabbing at the bottom of my bridge from the lower level, and immediately thought that my silly little character was going to have a swift and boring ending.

I make it down to where the second bonfire was, and realize that he had been the victim of Patches's bridge-flip scheme.

I climbed the ladder and pulled the switch, and my soon-to-be victim did something I didn't think he would: He started across the bridge to my side. One might think that walking back across the bridge he was until then trapped across would be the natural thing to do, but I'd have figured he would have shown more reserve to fumbling across the death trap the person sent to kill him obviously had control over.

To spare you of any further dramatic build, I'll just say that I, without hesitation, re-pulled the switch, sending the host to a quick death.

I laughed for quite some time, but then realized that I am as terrible as Patches.
    sad lol

So what about you guys? Any interesting stories to share?

TL;DR: Invade as Darkmoon. Host is trapped across bridge. Host went splat due to me. LOLOLOLOLOL-awh...

If you've killed me recently, please boast in the same manner.
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Ever done something in PvP you kinda felt the need to apologize for?

Post by RandelOolacile on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:05 am

Oh man, lol.

When I first started playing I wasn't aware of ganking or any other lowbrow tactic. Well the host got invaded and I stuck with them to assist in the fight. The invader shows up they both bow and begin to fight. While they did I walked up behind the invader and backstabbed them to finish them off. I felt awesome, i helped vanquish the invader and all was well. Needless to say, I get mail from both invader and host about how i shouldn't have done it, they called me names and I got booted. I apologized, but the damage was done. =( I was totally unaware, but now I know and knowing is half the battle! =P

http://tinyurl.com/964ob2h
    PSN: StarScarJenova
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:28 am

I don't believe in "low brow" tactics. I live or I die, thats all there is to it.

Anywho, I *almost* feel bad when I kill 3 questers with 1 fire tempest from around a corner. Its their fualt for not checking corners with an invader around though, so its definitely amusing.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:04 am

The worst I've felt was after killing someone by only rolling into him with Kirk's armor. Not even the whole armor for full damage, either--just the gloves! And I let him flask a couple times... Took a long time. I felt like a bully, sent him a message to apologize after I finally killed him!

Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:11 am

I only regret not killing every invader who goes after me.

Because 90% of the time, I end up dead.

Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning. Ain’t so simple with this one. Now here’s a kid whose whole world got all twisted, leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:37 am

I think being sneaky when trying to kill others makes it way more fun.
    Like this one time I was in the lower undead burg going to open the gate to firelink shrine I get invaded when I get to the top of the tower so I take up position and wait. I see him coming up the stairs so I jump off and do a plunge attack, I miss of course(one day I'll get that to work)but he doesn't see me so I sprint up behind him and backstab him then attempt to run away he then bs me so I dodge his attack dance around a bit and just bum rush him with a iaito and he dies...my most fun and memorable fight.

Props to BindMind for the sig.
    Spoiler:
    Fun quotes
    "Alright times up lets do this..." -Leeroy Jenkins
    "At least I have chicken" -Leeroy Jenkins
    "Intelligence is how I thought up sword chucks" -Fighter Mcwarrior
    My Builds
    Mystic Archer http://mmdks.com/ikx
    Very Slim Female Samurai http://tinyurl.com/9frfsde
    Tourney Ninja http://tinyurl.com/8dohpd5
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:55 am

Sometimes I feel bad about me being a Gravelord. I specifically set out to make people feel like ****. I curse thier worlds and make them come to me. Sometimes they have had sucha hard time I get hate or they go for some dubious tactics that I always turn on them. In the end they tend to sign out or simply have to power through until they can beat the boss.

So this one time I had two SoV's spawn in rapid sucession, the a DW but they all agreed to kill me through some unspoken rule. So they line up to fight me one on one. And I waste the first guy in a round of combat but dont kill him. Suddenly they all attack and im on the defensive. SO I go out there and try to survive and kill the first guy through some really laggy rolling attacks...... that was pretty bad.

Then another DW jumps on in. I kill the other two and the cycle just continues to repreat. A DW and two SoV's. I keep killing them until i get hate from all 3 at once all saying the same thing.

Something like "Griefer" so my response almost was "Sorry but Im not" but instead was "What else do Gravelords do? And remember Papa Nito Loves you all very much".

Then I remembered in that one momment that all I do I do for Nito and nothing else matter because Papa Nito Loves Me.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY

Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:08 am

In the burg, doin some pvp, fight against a guy who uses the great scythe 2h.
    With low health i managed to get the parry, with velkas. After that (mainly a sorcerer build! pyro/int) i "great combustioned" him.
    Was a pretty close fight btw.
    I send him a message, like "good game, was close"
    He sends me, "yea untill you get the parry which shows your lack of skill"
    After that i feel kinda sorry, because i dont great combustion spammed him to death! >sad
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:11 am

yeah, blind parry=no skill. Thats how that works. Totally.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:18 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I don't believe in "low brow" tactics. I live or I die, thats all there is to it.

Anywho, I *almost* feel bad when I kill 3 questers with 1 fire tempest from around a corner. Its their fualt for not checking corners with an invader around though, so its definitely amusing.

I do that with WOG all the time. Love it.
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:28 am

well, the other day i was invading anor londo and end up in a host world with a sunbro helping him, the first thing i thought was, -they are going to gank me"... so i ran straight to the host and before i saw the situation i was in the position for a BS (hornet ring + light Winged Spear +5) so i bs the host while he was bowing and the sunbro steped away so i could duel him... i felt horrible bad for doing that sad

Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:30 am

I feel a need to apologize to anyone when I go around killing them with my Moonylight spear... since I'm untouchable while hitting them for 40 damage pokes even when they block.
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:39 pm

I dont feel sorry for a damn thing. 3 guys gank me? My character has 6 WoGs to pussh them away. Let em get close, 2 blasts will kill them.

Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:43 pm

There are a couple of things I've apologised for, though sometimes people get mad just because I gave them what they deserved.

Invaded a guy in parish SL120 as DM (dunno why I was invading there probably trying to catch griefers or something) and I invaded this guy who was almost at boss in corridor to lautrec in the church. I bow to him, and he gives me a lightning spear while I bow. SO then I return the favour, wait for him to come out and BS him, use WoG at some point too and he died. He messaged me angrily and I just said "Well I bowed and gave you a chance for an honourable fight, but you attacked me mid-bow, from then all honour was off the table". Later cooped with him lol, but still interesting he got mad at me.

Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:54 pm

When I invade people in full stone set, drake sword and eagles shield. I normally black crystal out, but sometimes I kill them, and I feel really guilty 😢

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:

Fotitudo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fotitudo on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:yeah, blind parry=no skill. Thats how that works. Totally.

he was pretty offensive, predictable moveset and every roll is followed with an attack.
    So i told him, that is skill to watch your opponents playstyle and knowing the moveset of his weapon.

Seriously everyone searches for an excuse, if they lose a fight .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:02 pm