Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Leo Ring/Thrust attacks/Parry

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Leo Ring/Thrust attacks/Parry Empty Leo Ring/Thrust attacks/Parry

Post by Raikan007 Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:53 am

I have a few questions:

I have never used the Leo Ring and have been reading and most of you do, so:

1) If I am using a thrust weapon, this is R2, I currently mostly use the Black Knight Sword +5 and am busy increasing my Dex and Balder Side Sword to +15 etc..

If I parry and instead of riposte with R1 I use R2, does that do the extra damage now if I have the ring equipped? Does it do more damage than having the Hornet ring? If I was using the same weapon? Does it have the cut scene thing as well if I use R2 instead of R1?

2) when you get Humanities for clearing out x amount of enemies per level before killing the boss, can these be "farmed" by clearing a certain part of the level, using homeward bone or making your way back to the bonfire and starting over? So in essence, I am killing say 20 hollow's but actually I have only killed like 6 on the way to the boss?

I hope I have explained myself correctly, please tell me if I have not, thank you happy
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Leo Ring/Thrust attacks/Parry Empty Re: Leo Ring/Thrust attacks/Parry

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:14 am

1) Depending on the weapon after a parry the leo ring could deal more damage by enhancing the counter damage.. In the case of a BSS then it would almost certainly deal more if you do the r2 combo hich hits twice. I think for most weapon though hornets would be better. You wont get a cutscene from the r2 though.

2) I believe that works, but this is a tiring way of farming. You are better off farming rats in the depths or baby skelies in the ToG than doing this. Itd also be expensive having to buy homeward bones.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:24 am

DoughGuy wrote:1) Depending on the weapon after a parry the leo ring could deal more damage by enhancing the counter damage.. In the case of a BSS then it would almost certainly deal more if you do the r2 combo hich hits twice. I think for most weapon though hornets would be better. You wont get a cutscene from the r2 though.

2) I believe that works, but this is a tiring way of farming. You are better off farming rats in the depths or baby skelies in the ToG than doing this. Itd also be expensive having to buy homeward bones.

thank you for always answering my questions clearly and promptly winking I use my one thanks a day on you like everyday!

I will try it out when I get home from work, so you saying that if I use say my Black Knight sword and I parry "funny noise" then I press R2 which does that big thrust that usually knocks the opponent flying, with the Leo Ring I would do a hell of a lot more damage than just doing it normally with R2 and Leo Ring? or would it be the same damage?

yeah I know it will be mate, however, I am in the middle of the Archives and dont want to trek back and forth all over again and dont play online at all.. just so I can kindle the last bonfire before Seathe is all I need them for.. I will farm once I get to the ToG's though!

thanks again!
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 am

is the Black Knight Sword buffable with pine resin and or great magic weapon spell?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:36 am

Raikan007 wrote:is the Black Knight Sword buffable with pine resin and or great magic weapon spell?
    No, it is not, only weapons that can go to +15 are normally buffable.

Also, the Balder Side Sword and Ricards Rapier are the only two weapons where mashing R2 does more damage then taking the riposte.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:39 am

Rynn wrote:
    Raikan007 wrote:is the Black Knight Sword buffable with pine resin and or great magic weapon spell?

Also, the Balder Side Sword and Ricards Rapier are the only two weapons where mashing R2 does more damage then taking the riposte.

cheers,

is that after a parry or just during open play?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:44 am

Raikan007 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

cheers,

is that after a parry or just during open play?
    After a Parry.
    Ricards Rapier can almost always whack off more HP from the assault.
    Balder Side Sword can, but needs both blows to connect, and the second one can be toggled out from.
    Eudaemonium

Post by Eudaemonium Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:28 am

Rynn wrote:

One exception I know of being the Silver Knight Straight Sword, which is also (for some reason) buffable.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:51 am

Eudaemonium wrote:
    Rynn wrote:

One exception I know of being the Silver Knight Straight Sword, which is also (for some reason) buffable.

yeah cheers, that is why I asked silly I never use buffs on my weapons, only right at the beginning against the Taurus Demon silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 am