Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The Parish Belltower (Spoilers)

baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

The Parish Belltower (Spoilers) Empty The Parish Belltower (Spoilers)

Post by baby_beavis Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Post removed. ask around

Last edited by baby_beavis on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : post removed)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Parish Belltower (Spoilers) Empty Re: The Parish Belltower (Spoilers)

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Whether or not in the game world the altar is below fire link is not important. In lordran its actually far far below the suraface, to a point where it doesnt really matter what is above it. Although I cant watch the video since it isnt loading.
    In the book art Im sure she has black/purple hair (mine has gone missing) and in that pic of her using the magic you cant see her hair. Perhaps because you summon her asa white phantom her hair looks white?
    Oswald's appearance may be linked to Lautrec, he possibly free him.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:59 pm

It's not far below, because Quelaag is actually under it.

Also, this is interesting to me, because the parish statues ublug mentioned or linked to me a few days ago, are basically above the altar.

Last edited by baby_beavis on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:06 pm

And when you summon her, you can't make out anthing because of the white aura, let alone her hair. But you can see better while standing on her summon sign, before you choose to summon her. The color of both their hair is a bit peculiar, because you can't get hair that white while creating a character, the best you get is grayish with full RBG to the right. You can get pitch black with full left though.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:10 pm

What Im saying is the game designers have to fit all the locations within the game world. So the altar was placed in an area where it fit, rather than its true location below ash lake, which can be seen in the intro.

Ill take a look at her hair next time I can summon her. But I only remember it being purplish black.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 pm

If what you are saying is right, then what do you make of whatever i'm hitting in the clip?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Interesting stuff. Time to ponder. I binoculared the heck outta Beatrice. Pretty sure dark hair with the aura making things look white
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:18 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Whether or not in the game world the altar is below fire link is not important. In lordran its actually far far below the suraface, to a point where it doesnt really matter what is above it. Although I cant watch the video since it isnt loading.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:19 pm

read above post skarekrow, about beatrice. I may be wrong, but try the way i said above. Second opinion wouldn't hurt here
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:22 pm

I led her up the stairs by the butterfly then got below her with binoculars. You can scope her well that way but it has been awhile. Might have to map that invisible thing myself. That is very interesting
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:35 pm

@Doughboy, sorry dude, but that's what I meant, you haven't seen the clip and you are speculating about the position of the altar; when I have a better source. That's what I asked in the original post, if i can freely discuss it here.

If anyone can spell 3d, you might realise that quelaag is under the altar; if you look up to your left when you enter demon ruins, (above that void) you might see gwyn's, or else see him with a bird's eyeview from the tower before the Archer Knights in Anor londo. You might also note some actual connections. wink. gn.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:43 pm

You also appear to be missing my point. The physical location of the altar in game is not relevant, as it is not portrayed properly. I assume you are saying its above Btwon, somewhere near the belltower and thats just not possible, especially considering the info seen in the intro.
    Just to make it clear are you stating the physical location of altar, or are you saying lore wise thats where it is?
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Spoiler:
    Shabbalaba
    Shabbalaba
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Shabbalaba Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:45 am

Im confused :?:
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:06 am

kart 1

http://www.touybe.

com

/watch?v=ru7T7_vrNfI
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:07 am

pkart 2

ok, there is nothing conclusive my end, just leads for some testing so people can help.

On my character I have the lordvessel, but haven't placed it anywhere, and have never once talked to either serpent, since lorewise, i support the idea people have that both of them are not working in the best interest of humans, us players, and only vaguely think what that might need or mean, like doing your own path in a playthrough, and something without them serpents. Note that in the dark lord ending, even frampt shows up happy with kaarthe. I am also on a bonfireless run like fireless' thread.

Also, while up there in the tower, notice the view of sen's fortress from there, the golem area, where the gold ring should be, and that giant blocked gateway behind him. For the past week I had been hitting that wall with a +15 pickaxe and +5 raw pickaxe to no avail. This idea came from a thought i had long ago, while overtired, but has something fishy about it now that I see there is something invisible near the top of the belltower.

In a nutshell, I thought what if that gold ring was a distraction, trickery to detour you from your true path? You know how gwyndolin created an illusion of sorts with his sister, and all mobs in anor londo pretty much disappear after he's dead? what if the trickery was even bigger? like you were on your mission, as you do, braving sen's fortress, killing a giant golem, then moving straight on, but you were lured towards a golden shiny ring, and some ugly things took you away?

I read someone's post once, thinking why do those ugly things first help you after the golem, then attack you in anor londo? Also, in case it's not clear what i'm getting at, when you place the lordvessel, you see a big *** beam of light shoot up, right? what if it was deflected, of made to come out from a different place, like the belltower area? Just a thought, and not excluding aything else.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:08 am

http://i47.servimg.co

m/u/f47/17/67/01/72/boobi

d10.png
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:22 am

The ugly ones that take you to sens are real demons, servants of the gods. The ones you fight are fals constructs.
    Im not too sure what you mean about the gold ring.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:34 am

what if that thing near the belltower was to aim a beam of light to the sen's gate, or to the gold ring, then the gate. I don't know, just thinking of ideas. And bearing in mind that there is a clear view of the golem area from the belltower.

Update - priscilla might just be far across from the belltower too. if anyone knows how 2 looktit tup. Maybe where Oswald comes (shows up) from? velka tribe?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:34 am

Gotta map that invisible thing better, arrows might be tedious but the best way. Have you tried angling either a lava effect spell or mist spell at them to see if it shows the edges better? Also, there's been a lot of theories (supported pretty well if I'm not mistaken) that there might have been more to do in the Parish, like a secret area tied to WoW that was removed from the game. Perhaps rather than remove things entirely they just made it invisible.
    baby_beavis
    baby_beavis
    Regular
    Regular

Post by baby_beavis Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:38 am

Tried just arrows. Seemed narrower at the right end.

And are you aware of the statues in the parish? from the link ublug posted?

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t7969p30-csi-undead-parish-rhea-and-pendant-spoilers-mentioned#172748

P.S I haven't been able to find the petrus dynamic theme easter egg.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:30 am

I saw that and it COULD be significant from the glitch but that particular graphics problem has a lot of evidence against it being a useful secret. Before I say bad things about it let me be honest in that anything is worth trying and what I'm about to say doesn't mean it can't be a significant clue. As I understand it the idea is that the glitch only affected breakable objects, meaning that only four of the eight statues were able to be destroyed lending significance to either that set or the unbreakable set. The first problem I see is the line that looks like a floating wall section or something. Whatever caused the glitch is adding something to that area. Assuming a single graphics error that means it's able to create new things which is a problem for the theory. Second is the lighting errors you can see when he runs back out to fight the trio of knights. The light source and therefore shadows seem to either be circling or randomly switching. So if the glitch is lighting based then it might only do the weird colored line thing (like the statues and pillars) when objects are under the right lighting circumstances. I'm not an expert in the field so I could be wrong on this one, but it's my understanding that when programming there is often different layers of things that are done. So for instace, there is the actual building that could be in one layer while "objects" are added in later. While the glitch affecting statues and pillars could be the "breakable object" layer it could also just be affecting all layers beside the "building" and "enemy" layer, meaning any object added separately could be affected by the graphics issue. My guess is that the easiest avenue for level design would be to just get the area down, test for physics etc. then add objects for aesthetics as well as interactions. Short version is, the graphics glitch could just show that statues were added after the building was made for decoration and represent a different section of programming. Lastly but most importantly, even under the assumption that the glitch only affected "breakable" objects the glitch was mighty selective. Notice that only one of the pews is affected even though we can conclusively state that all are able to be broken. Taking this further, even if the statues that were affected in the video are able to be destroyed, there's no evidence from the video to state that it's only those four and not all eight. Or maybe six? Seven seems popular too in game. Maybe there's only one true statue and the rest need to be smashed.

Again, I want to reiterate there could be something to it and it absolutely could mean the statues could (or were meant to) be broken. However, I would be careful in assuming that only those four are significant or that the video conclusively shows that the statues can be destroyed. It can go either way. Which always mean.....

There's value in testing.

EDIT: I mentioned in another thread I might do some Beatrice views again. Maybe I'll take my high level guy and throw some pyro spells and arrows at that object and maybe try to lure the Tower Knight or Channeler to break stuff......
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:35 am

Ok.....I did all of the above testing I mentioned. I'll post Beatrice stuff in that thread but as for the Knight.....

There are three pillar types in the Parish. He can only smash all the little ones. I even brought him upstairs and all the way to Lautrec. No other pillars can be smashed. The statues? Nope. Channeler didn't seem able to break anything but he was harder to get aimed well, particularly since I was dealing with both enemies at once for awhile. I lured the knight into the old Parish entrance but he wouldn't go up to the damaged wall to hit it. He didn't like crossing the threshold.

Now for the invisible thing, I mapped it using a couple hundred arrows. I made a stationary point with my character, took a photo on my phone and marked the photo every time I found an edge......

Spoiler:

The line in the middle is just where I started. I believe it's solid everywhere between the red.

I also lobbed some spells at it. Forgive the video, I have to hold the controller and my phone. It's a lot closer than I thought it was.....

Spoiler:

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:38 am

Jump for it! silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:41 am

It seriously looks like you might be able to. Also, the way the red dots angle down as they go out gave me the impression it was curved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm