Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Reaperfan
RandelOolacile
LordOfTheNap
figgey
8 posters

Difference between color of drop?

figgey
    figgey

Difference between color of drop? Empty Difference between color of drop?

Post by figgey Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:31 pm

so i've been noticing that, from what i can tell certain mobs drops are one of two colors?

the usual is the white bluish soul looking drop. but for say, the phalanx mobs in painted world, their drops are always yellow.

I tried searching for a reason on the wiki and forums with no luck. Can anyone maybe enlighten me as to why that is? or just a random feature?

thanks in advance and sorry if this is answered some where, i might not have the best researching skills.

LordOfTheNap
    LordOfTheNap

Difference between color of drop? Empty Re: Difference between color of drop?

Post by LordOfTheNap Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:36 pm

From my experience, the white drops are attached to the enemy's body and move with it, while the yellow drops are stationary and cannot be moved. That's the only real difference I've noticed.

Also, with yellow drops, they come from enemies that usually disappear upon death (e.g. ghosts, titanite demon, etc...)
    figgey
    figgey

Post by figgey Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:55 pm

You know now that you mention it, that is true. Hmm i wonder why that is? and what made them decide to do that.

I could understand because of maybe the ragdolls of certain mobs would be weird tho rats and some of the others definitely have interesting physics. And i can understand from demon titanite because it so valuable not wanting it to fall off edges. Though i doubt thats the reason considering phalanx mostly drop leather shields and spears and Dark souls loves being challenging which is a good thing.

and thank you for the quick response, LordoftheNap, i think you are probably correct in your assumption.

Now im just wondering why certain mobs dont have corpses, why certain ones drops are instantly picked up like crystal lizards and why others arent. not really expecting to ever truly find out but can't kill the curiosity.

RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:57 pm

I always thought the golden drops were for rarer items.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:59 pm

LordOfTheNap wrote:From my experience, the white drops are attached to the enemy's body and move with it, while the yellow drops are stationary and cannot be moved. That's the only real difference I've noticed.

Also, with yellow drops, they come from enemies that usually disappear upon death (e.g. ghosts, titanite demon, etc...)

What this guy said.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:01 pm

I think LordOfTheNap has it cold. The gold fall from disappearing enemies while the blueish one are enemies whose bodies remain in existence. There was a few members who were compiling a list in the Archives I beleive of what enemies drop which....um....drop to see if there is a pattern that's significant to lore. Not sure what came of it actually
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:07 pm

With one exception. Dung pies. They are blue and the Dung giants dissapear.
    LordOfTheNap
    LordOfTheNap

Post by LordOfTheNap Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 pm

That's a load of crap. Difference between color of drop? 2324285107

But yes, you're absolutely right. Good catch on that one, Carphil.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:34 pm

And the Stone Knights drop yellow shinys but do not disappear.

The drop remains stationary, however.

Last edited by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Demon's Souls had a same kind of drop system: yellow for vanishing corpses and green for ragdolls.
    Only difference in Dark Souls is that the green colour was replaced with blue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 am