Dark Wood Grain Ring for PvP

DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Dark Wood Grain Ring for PvP

Post by DamageCK on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Nerfing it so that it only works at 25% equip weight makes it worthless, and I don't know about you, but the one thing I don't want in this game is more useless sh*t. Thanks for nothing, Tiny Being's Ring.

The Beiber ring lets people equip pretty much whatever they want, which actually promotes diversity, but the players themselves still choose to use whatever they think the "best" loadout is and the people that do this are probably always going to. The only thing you'd change is what that "best" loadout is, and then you'd have a new class of builds to gripe about.

Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Wow i thought this kinda ended on a good note where me forum and serious last left off.... Well i actually did a little test last night dealing with the i-frames. They are a big deal, which is why even just making it so that you dont get the flip animation unless you're under 25% would be a decent nerf. Ok this is how i did the test, and i wish i had a way to record/upload footage. I used the lava by ceaseless. Roll in count to 4 roll back, i did it with both fast roll and dwgr. The results surprised even me, the fast roll my health was down to about 1/4, while with dwgr i only lost about 1/4. Even if my tests were a bit off, thats a huge difference. I didnt even bother with fat roll or medium roll, maybe i will today though. I really do hope fromsoft just makes it so we can search for fights where certain items are not allowed in the "arena" mode. That would solve everyones problem, especially if they removed backstabs(i wouldnt play on that mode though). They would still have the rest of the game open with invasions ext, and if the arenas options made it hard to get fights then everyone would just start searching for fights with "everything allowed". Anyways, try what i said. Roll through the lava with the different rolls, it really is upsetting how powerful those i-frames are. It makes complete sense why they seemed so noticeable to me now that i stopped using the ring all together. You guys realize this is one of the main reasons for those lagging backstabs that seem impossible,right?

Edit: Just to be clear, i meant that nothing would change if it was nerfed. You just wouldnt get the flip animation(with its I frames) unless under 25%. At or under 50% you could still get fast roll, which wouldnt change anyones build.
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:45 pm

It's just that someone's gonna comment now about the fast roll being better than the beiberflip.

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm fine with fast rolling at 50%. I just want mobility. I've played fast roll builds plenty, and there's obviously a difference in i-frames, but I'm fine with that. I think it looks cooler anyway.

Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm

I agree, that would actually be a very reasonable way to nerf it. I just did some more precise tests(at the bottom of that large hill where the lava drains theres a 10ft straight path of lava) i put orange soap signs straight across from each other at each end. I put on full gold hemmed and did dwgr vs fast roll about 10 times. Obviously human error changes the test slightly, but its obvious that dwgr has a much longer i-frame. Its actually pretty ridiculous when you see it, that alone makes wearing the ring worth it in my opinion. This is why i was making such a point before that it wasnt just the added equip weight. Oh well, i think we are all sick of arguing about this. Something tells me Fromsoft is at least aware of the issue, i think dlc/pc release will at least nerf it or throw something into the mix that will change the meta game.
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Yeah definitely, they will send us on a quest to throw the one ring to stab them all into the fires of... Izalith? There will be Nazguls (gold-hemmed set and fog ring) trying to hinder us.

Btw...

The Depts + Blightown = Moria?

Anor Londo = That huge white city I forgot the name of... Minas Tirith

The Great Hollow = That elf city on that huge tree I forgot the name of...

Izalith = Mordor

Uuuuuuh what else, I'm no LotR expert....

Ok, on a serious note I just want to mention that I really enjoyed reading trough the whole discussion, even though I know it's a topic discussed a million times now, I still enjoyed it. You guys make some valuable posts, I hate that I only have 2 rep points to give per day (which I already used elsewhere).

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf on Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:35 pm

stop trying to nerf the dwgr its perfectly fine
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:00 pm

omega Elf wrote:stop trying to nerf the dwgr its perfectly fine

Good point man. I can see your argument. I can see were you are coming from. I understand what you are trying to say. Seems like a solid argument. Seems legit. It's pretty well thought-out. I like it. I can't really think of an argument against it. You did pretty well. That's a valuable post. Thank you for that post. Thank you for taking part in this discussion. You made your points clear. You can be proud of yourself. You did a good job. There is no need to further discuss this topic. You nailed it. You ended this discussion. You just came in and said something revolutional. That completely proved it to me. You totally convinced me. I fully agree with you. Submarines don't have gills. And I guess fishing is really not worth the effort too. We're fishined with this topic. This ship can be abandoned now you moped maracujas.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:11 pm

The sarcasm is strong with this one...

Oh yeah and would you please explain how the DWGR is fine? if we take the roll power out of the equation and purely look at the equip weight it provides double the benefit of havels to a fastroll build.

FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Omega Elf shut me up, i really cant think of anything to say now. lol Really though, i get the whole "shut up and deal with it" argument. Only thing is, and the reason i think this has become such a hot topic, we are getting a new edition and dlc. So it is not unrealistic to expect things to be nerfed, or altered. If there were no dlc or pc announcement and we were left with what we have no hope for a patch, i would agree. If i could have it changed though(fixed imo) ,why the hell not?
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:52 pm

There's something fishy. An elf being a troll?

Uh yeah, I wanted to ask this: Isn't there any petition (or survey? how do you call it?) going on regarding the DWGR somewhere? There must be.

And maybe the developers actually care enough... :cyclops:

Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Darkson wrote:
    omega Elf wrote:stop trying to nerf the dwgr its perfectly fine

Good point man. I can see your argument. I can see were you are coming from. I understand what you are trying to say. Seems like a solid argument. Seems legit. It's pretty well thought-out. I like it. I can't really think of an argument against it. You did pretty well. That's a valuable post. Thank you for that post. Thank you for taking part in this discussion. You made your points clear. You can be proud of yourself. You did a good job. There is no need to further discuss this topic. You nailed it. You ended this discussion. You just came in and said something revolutional. That completely proved it to me. You totally convinced me. I fully agree with you. Submarines don't have gills. And I guess fishing is really not worth the effort too. We're fishined with this topic. This ship can be abandoned now you moped maracujas.

LMAOROFL

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Guys I know he didn't contribute much to the conversation, and that the sarcasm was funny. But he isn't doing anything wrong, just stating his opinion. There's no need to call him a troll or be rude.
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:41 pm

I admit that it really wasn't necessary to go on about it that much, but you have to admit that it was a bit of an ignorant post. Especially after that legthy discussion on that topic and lots of arguing and braking it down, such a comment is just irritating. At least one should bring up some argument. But anyway he most probably just read the title and insta-commented. That kind of bugs me.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Then how would he know we were discussing possible nerf's dark son. the title does not imply that.

Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Maybe he just wanted his opinion to be known, and that's it. It contributes little, but eh at least it lets us know who wants what. I'm just saying to remember to stay friendly. These threads can often be a fountain of frustration, but you never know when someone might get a bit hurt by something said.
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:31 pm

I think calling him a troll was a bit of stretch, honestly he could have been being sarcastic for all we know. I think hes just on the same page as roansnipe, "its in the game, its not going anywhere, deal with it", Which i completely get, and is how i looked at it up until dlc/pc announcement. Now cause of that, theres hope we might get a patch, so of course we are going to discuss things we would want in that patch.

Cant say i didnt laugh though
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:40 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Then how would he know we were discussing possible nerf's dark son. the title does not imply that.

Oh... true. :oops:

Tolvo I know you just want to keep the peace and I appreciate that, on the other hand I always instantly feel the need to kind of "defend" the thread from posters like this. Yeah it's kind of arrogant in a way though now that I think about it.

Though it's also arrogant to state one's opinion without any argument. As you say, it can get a bit frustrating on a topic like this.

Spoiler:
    My post made you all laugh? That's a nice surprise, it rather felt like another cheesy comment of mine. Also I was in random mode. Which means that is one of the times where I stayed in the forums for too long without a break and just type without thinking much because I got tired of thinking everything over. And over. But I got better at typing in English since I joined I guess.

Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:16 pm

It's fine to point out that the post is a bit pointless, but just try to leave it at that. Remember tone in text is a bit difficult unless writing an article or large piece. As you said, just trying to keep the piece and make sure no one gets a negative experience on the forum. I'm not going down on you Darkson, I just like to be on the side of caution is all.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:38 pm

I think this thread has served its purpose. Lord got the concise answer of "definitely maybe."

And, it is now boiling down to the same discussion we've had time and time again. And these discussions never come to consensus. There is no point rehashing the same argument over and over.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:09 pm