Is this what PVP is about?

Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Re: Is this what PVP is about?

Post by Ghadis_God on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:49 am

What do you consider fishing? I know real fishing is annoying, but if someone backstabs you in the middle of a fair fight, I'd hardly call it fishing. People either assume you're going to fish or "fight fair", and when i fight normally a lot of people let their guards down and I bs them.

I consider bs as just another tool in my arsenal, a technique I can and will use when the time calls for it, just like dead angles, parries, stunlocking, kicking, etc.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:55 am

skarekrow13 wrote:
    Occasionally I will take a swipe from nowhere near the opponent (2x scythe range usually, so yeah.....BIG gap) as it often makes them think I will be swing happy and will either play my distance game or come in aggressive. Both things work for me 1v1.

You do that too? Glad I'm not the only one! I try to predict when they've moved closer but I haven't seen it due to the lag, sometimes those seemingly random swings will actually connect! When that happens it really freaks the opponent out and makes you look like a freaking psychic if you haven't whiffed too many before.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

ringo_mogire_SZS
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 am

A sad truth. I think it's okay as long as they don't fish though.

Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:25 am

Ghadis_God wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:
    Occasionally I will take a swipe from nowhere near the opponent (2x scythe range usually, so yeah.....BIG gap) as it often makes them think I will be swing happy and will either play my distance game or come in aggressive. Both things work for me 1v1.

You do that too? Glad I'm not the only one! I try to predict when they've moved closer but I haven't seen it due to the lag, sometimes those seemingly random swings will actually connect! When that happens it really freaks the opponent out and makes you look like a freaking psychic if you haven't whiffed too many before.

While you try to bait and predict I just lure you into false confidence and attacking, at which point I blind parry you silly

Good duels the other day friend

Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:40 am

Yeah, that first fight I was way too predictable lol. It had also been a while since I fought anyone at that level who could parry so I'm a bit more liberal with my attacks on that build. The second one was really fun I thought, GS on GS battles are always the most tense big grin

ringo_mogire_SZS
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:57 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Yeah, that first fight I was way too predictable lol. It had also been a while since I fought anyone at that level who could parry so I'm a bit more liberal with my attacks on that build. The second one was really fun I thought, GS on GS battles are always the most tense big grin

Yes the second was good. I always like fights that come down to the wire like that! We just need a third fight so we can settle this grudge match!

Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:03 am

Absolutely Fed!

ringo_mogire_SZS
    ParasiticEve
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ParasiticEve on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks to everyone that posted in this thread, I showed specific posts to some friends from PSN and XBL and we learned a good share about the community.

PSN: ParasiticEve_JP
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:04 pm

in general, I agree with La0bouchere. Backstabs are powerful, so they will be widely used. They can be prevented in most cases and "taking advantage of lag" happens with every attack, wether you like it or not, especially with faster weapons. Honor is subjective, and if you really "outclass" a single opponent, turtling and fishing will only save them if you make a mistake.

I have no issue with people choosing not to backstab, but if you're expecting others to do the same outside of organised events, you are setting yourself up for bad experiences.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 pm