Weapons worth Making

Sabre120

Weapons worth Making

Post by Sabre120 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Hey I'm fairly new here so go easy on me! Anyway I'm just wondering if its worth upgrading my Iaito into a fire based weapon Stats are as follows,

VIT - 24
    ATT - 14
    END - 30
    STR - 36
    DEX - 22
    RES - 15
    INT - 9
    FAI - 22

Other than that just wondering some suggestions for weapons I could use with my kind of build. I'm planning on dumping heavily into strength and endurance and a bit of faith on the side, atleast to use great lightning spear. Any help on weapon upgrades would be great thanks!
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: Weapons worth Making

Post by RandelOolacile on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Since the Iaito scales most with dexterity, but you intend to go with strength and endurance you may want to go ahead with the Fire path cause elementals dont have a scaling stat or maybe even chaos cause you get to scale with humanity exclusively.

http://tinyurl.com/964ob2h
    PSN: StarScarJenova
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:59 pm

I would recommend a Black Knight Greataxe with those stats.

Sabre120

Post by Sabre120 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks for the tips so far guys, much appreciated.
    Pennder
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pennder on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:08 pm

You can use any fire or lightning weapon well, as long as you have the stats to hold them. Fire and Lightning upgrades take away damage bonuses from Str and Dex, so your scores in those won't matter. If you want them to matter, you would have to upgrade a weapon up the Normal path, like +15. Then the weapon will increase its damage based on your stats, and what stats that particular weapon cares about. Stuff like Claymores and Straight Swords take their damage from both str and dex, so you would get more mileage out of the points you put into them.

That said, it is my understanding that Lightning will be just as good in terms of damage as Normal would, even with good Str and Dex stats. So, it is up to you to decide, based on what weapon types you prefer (big smash, fast cut, etc), and whether or not you feel like putting excess points into Str and Dex. If you were to use Fire or Lightning, those excess points won't help you at all.

I found it useful to take a little spin with each weapon type and see what I liked. For instance, Great Hammers hit really really hard, but are relatively slow, and usually more focused in their targeting, whereas a lot of larger Sword type weapons have more attacks sweeping side to side, so you have a better chance hitting the enemy if they dodge.
    Sabre120

Post by Sabre120 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:15 am

Many thanks Pennder, put it in a way my simplistic mind can comprehend haha. I was always confused by the scaling system, but thats put it in a way I can understand a bit easier.
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Actually, if a weapon has, say, A or S scaling, it can be better as normal.

Sabre: If you take your STR up to 46 or don't mind 2-handing your weapon all the time, get a Demon's Great Axe. It has the highest hitting weapon that can be buffed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:46 am